What Cardinal moments of 'ugh' stick most in your memory

Reaction score
Not a relevant play but I remember JJ Arrington assuming the fetal position when Sean Taylor was within 5 yards of him a long time ago.
And that was the exact moment I stopped believing that Arrington "might develop into a decent back"!

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Lots of 'good' ones by you guys, not my worst, but I'll throw in the one when the Cards blew a 16 pt 4th quarter lead against the 2-14 Niners under Denny. Their other win came against us with 3rd stringer Ken Dorsey at the helm for San Fran, IIRC.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
THE NFL: Cardinals trio hurt in wreck
Sun | Sports

Aug 17th, 1999

PHOENIX (AP) - A former first-round draft pick trying to resurrect his football career with the Arizona Cardinals was fighting to save his right arm after a car accident involving three players on their way to a team meeting Monday.

How camp began that year, just got worse. This is yet again another bad luck moment from a fan perspective not to mention the human perspective. I was seriously pulling for his comeback.
Earnest Dye. He was a first round pick as well and another first round pick, Lester Holmes was in the car with him. Holmes was drafted by the Eagles right after Dye was picked.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you complaining about having to "settle" for Larry Fitzgerald?

I'm only saying there were some great options in that draft. Who wouldn't like drafting number 1.

The Cardinals got a great player in Fitz.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also in that 84 game against Washington, although I was thinking it was 85, but I might be wrong? I remember that bogus call on EJ Junior, I also remember NO (our kicker) running onto the field with no timeouts & the clock winding down to kick the game winner. He didn't really have time to set up, just run on to the field & kick almost in one motion. It was wide right if memory serves me correctly?
I posted the game in another thread and it's on Youtube. The maddening thing is that they had ample time to snap the ball and throw it out of bounds to stop the clock(there was no spiking the ball in 1984). They had something like 17 seconds. They had time to line up, snap the ball, and quickly throw it out of bounds. Would have had at least 5 seconds left. It took them longer to get the kicking team on the field.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about this one: Allowing Aaron Rogers to complete 2 hailmary's in the 2015 Divisional game. Yes we ended up winning the game but they should have never been in a position to tie in the first place. They had a something like 4th and 20 on their 4 and he completed a 60 yard pass then hit a 40 yard hailmary at the gun to tie it. Rogers had 261 yards all game and had 100 yards of it on 2 plays. Also, same game, PP21 had a 100 yard pick 6 nullified by a phantom illegal use of hands penalty.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I posted the game in another thread and it's on Youtube. The maddening thing is that they had ample time to snap the ball and throw it out of bounds to stop the clock(there was no spiking the ball in 1984). They had something like 17 seconds. They had time to line up, snap the ball, and quickly throw it out of bounds. Would have had at least 5 seconds left. It took them longer to get the kicking team on the field.
Lots of things back then are a little fuzzy, teen football playing high school partying days lol. Certain moments I remember clearly & others not so much. I believe you, I just remember Neal O'donohue (sp) running onto the field & kicking as the time clock expired. That game was messed up, we win the game, we win the division, lose the game & we're out of the playoffs entirely.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who was the QB who beat us with an injured leg? I remember him hoping around on one leg carving up our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How about Bill Bidwill getting upset that the Cardinals were being moved out of the NFC East because he wanted that sweet Cowboys fans $$ so Jerry Jones promised to play pre-season games against Cardinals for a few years in AZ. That was embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of things back then are a little fuzzy, teen football playing high school partying days lol. Certain moments I remember clearly & others not so much. I believe you, I just remember Neal O'donohue (sp) running onto the field & kicking as the time clock expired. That game was messed up, we win the game, we win the division, lose the game & we're out of the playoffs entirely.
Remember, that was our last winning season until 1998.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the #1 pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Cardinals select.................

Other than beating the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game, drafting Murray was my 2nd favorite moment in Cardinal history. That's how tough it is to be a Cardinal fan:billthecat:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember, that was our last winning season until 1998.
I do, I will never forget that playoff win against the Cowboys. Funny thing, I drove to St.Louis that season from Louisville, took me 4 hrs, to see them play the Rams in our old city. Took a lot of grief from the former Cardinals fans that had converted over to the Rams, we beat that ass. Rich Brooks was coaching that Rams team. We had so much promise that 1st yr in Phoenix though, we were winning games then Neil Lomax was finished & our season went into the tank. Living here in Louisville, KY, I'm right in the center of 3 NFL cities, so when the Cardinals play the Colts, (went there to watch them play 2 seasons ago) Bengals or Titans I'm only about 1.5 to 2 hours away from Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Nashville. I'm going to the game in Cincinnati this season & I'm planning to fly out to Phoenix & see them play this seaon also, don't know which game yet?

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
That Sunday night game against the Eagles in 2015. Not because of the score (we murdered them), but because of Badger's knee injury and Palmer's finger injury. I'm convinced those two injuries were the beginning of the end.

Edit: Would also have to throw Palmer's 2014 knee injury in there as well. We were well on our way to home field that year, and were hosting the SB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave