2018-19 English Premier League

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Brighton gets our biggest win of the season, and then Cardiff, Soton and Newcastle all win after, the latter two come from behind. Thanks for nothing bigger clubs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, to be fair, Brighton should have been playing with 10 men for 89 minutes, and the guy that kicked a Palace player in the balls scored the winner :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Brighton should have been playing with 10 men for 89 minutes, and the guy that kicked a Palace player in the balls scored the winner :)

I know, right? Knockert was a huge reason Brighton got promoted, but has struggled to show he is PL quality.. so very satisfying day for him. Kicking your rival in the balls and not getting red carded for it is just icing on the cake. LOL

Stout

Reaction score
I know, right? Knockert was a huge reason Brighton got promoted, but has struggled to show he is PL quality.. so very satisfying day for him. Kicking your rival in the balls and not getting red carded for it is just icing on the cake. LOL

He's like Gabriel Obertan, a winger Newcastle used to have. Blinding pace, couldn't keep the ball on his foot if both had Velcro, and couldn't cross to save his life. Probably would have been class down in the Championship, though.

Stout

Reaction score
This is OT--it happened in the Championship--but did you see what happened in the Birmingham-Aston Villa match? A fan charge onto the pitch and sucker-punched Grealish (sp?). What's more shocking is that his own teammates didn't tear into the guy. People are saying closed-door matches and maybe a points deduction for Birmingham, which would put them out of contention for a playoff spot. Ouch! But I guess you have to make it a ginormous deterrent for any fan of a team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is OT--it happened in the Championship--but did you see what happened in the Birmingham-Aston Villa match? A fan charge onto the pitch and sucker-punched Grealish (sp?). What's more shocking is that his own teammates didn't tear into the guy. People are saying closed-door matches and maybe a points deduction for Birmingham, which would put them out of contention for a playoff spot. Ouch! But I guess you have to make it a ginormous deterrent for any fan of a team.
woah, I did not see or hear that yet. This is at least the second attack recently I have heard of. An Arsenal spectator hit dele ali in the head with a bottle of water a couple of months ago at the emirates. I think they should put these people in jail and lose the key for a long long time. It makes no sense why you would assault someone (especially a player) at a sporting event.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Yes I have been keeping an eye on this. English football is so global and has so many more eyes on it now, I think they need to take significant and decisive action to really deter this going forward.

Thanfully Grealish was not hurt and actually ended up scoring the game winner over their bitter rival.

Stout

Reaction score
Yes I have been keeping an eye on this. English football is so global and has so many more eyes on it now, I think they need to take significant and decisive action to really deter this going forward.

Thanfully Grealish was not hurt and actually ended up scoring the game winner over their bitter rival.

I'm glad he nabbed the winner!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not directly related to EPL, but a miraculous win in the FA Cup semis by Brighton this morning. Went down 2-0 with 11 mins left, and then scored in the 88th and 95th minute. Then Murray missed the first shot in the penalty shootout, but Brighton rallied to win 5-4 on PKs. On to Wembley - Fly Seagulls!!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
And we draw City in the semis... Oh well, was fun while it lasted!!

Stout

Reaction score
Not directly related to EPL, but a miraculous win in the FA Cup semis by Brighton this morning. Went down 2-0 with 11 mins left, and then scored in the 88th and 95th minute. Then Murray missed the first shot in the penalty shootout, but Brighton rallied to win 5-4 on PKs. On to Wembley - Fly Seagulls!!!!

Wow! Great comeback.

Stout

Reaction score
Dear lord, are BHA just going into the tank! I mean, they've fallen off a cliff. Sorry to all the Brighton supporters in here. I'd like them to stay up, but...damn! Their only saving grace is how bad Cardiff are.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The league is so strong this year. It's incredible. Looks like the club from Norfolk is moving up. hopefully I can get back over there again next season.

Stout

Reaction score
I saw the play where Kane got hurt earlier this morning, and I have to say it brought a smile to my face. Wait, someone getting injured pleased me? Usually that's not the case, but Kane's such a dirty sumbitch that always gets away with it that it's poetic justice he hurt himself while kicking someone late. I mean, that asshat deserves it!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Salah with the Nile crocodile impersonation. Roll to the ground and get a penalty. Trash

Stout

Reaction score
Salah with the Nile crocodile impersonation. Roll to the ground and get a penalty. Trash

As a fan of a team victimized by his antics this season, I have to say that Morrison didn't give the ref much choice. No attempt to get to the ball, both arms around Salah, yanking him back...that was actually a penalty.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
As a fan of a team victimized by his antics this season, I have to say that Morrison didn't give the ref much choice. No attempt to get to the ball, both arms around Salah, yanking him back...that was actually a penalty.
It was a penalty but I saw the dive coming. it was probably overreacting on my part. He threw himself down in the end.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I saw the play where Kane got hurt earlier this morning, and I have to say it brought a smile to my face. Wait, someone getting injured pleased me? Usually that's not the case, but Kane's such a dirty sumbitch that always gets away with it that it's poetic justice he hurt himself while kicking someone late. I mean, that asshat deserves it!
He goes in late on tackles too often. He has to decide if he wants to stay fit or not. If he goes in like that all the time he’s going to keep getting hurt and hurting other players. That tackle he made against Newcastle in the opening match was probably the worst I’ve seen him make. But he’s had one or two others that approach that.

Stout

Reaction score
He goes in late on tackles too often. He has to decide if he wants to stay fit or not. If he goes in like that all the time he’s going to keep getting hurt and hurting other players. That tackle he made against Newcastle in the opening match was probably the worst I’ve seen him make. But he’s had one or two others that approach that.

No doubt. Hopefully this injury makes him realize that being cheap and taking cheap shots is just as bad for him.

Stout

Reaction score
Brighton can thank ref incompetence for the fact that they're mostly safe now. Newcastle should have had two penalties in that first half. Oh well. Fair play to the Seagulls, though, that Newcastle didn't press and get another, and then BHA came out like they really wanted it in the second.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Brendan Rodgers and Everton, you owe Liverpool a title. Beat City this weekend and all is forgiven.

Stout

Reaction score
Good to see the team in the red and white stripes finally bounce back up to the Premiership next season! Of course it's Sheffield United, but still, Sunderland have a chance at promotion...to the Championship :bday:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Brighton survive what will likely be a 17th place finish. Hopefully improvement next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose