OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie # 6 - The Avengers

Initial reaction: a little slow at first but interesting overall, just a bit too action-y for me, Loki is a little bitch!!!

Favorite scene: Romanoff initial scene where she kicked everyone’s ass while handcuffed, Hulk throwing Loki around like a rag doll (LMAO), all Iron Man scenes, Loki talking to Agent Romanoff in the clear glass circle thing

Iron Man/RDJ was on fire with his jokes. My favorite was when he called Loki “Reindeer games” omgggg hilarious. He has the best delivery of his lines.

I am so sad that Agent Coulson died :(((((((( lol at his man-crush on Captain America.

Curious about Romanoff’s backstory and how Arrow guy fits in

I liked Thor for wanting to protect Earth.

I really really like Hiddleston as Loki. Loki is a little bitch!!!

Still curious about Nick Fury and how he lost his eye.

Overall, it was nice to see the Avengers bicker and come together to help defeat that bitch Loki.

Next movie- Iron Man 3

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Movie # 6 - The Avengers

Initial reaction: a little slow at first but interesting overall, just a bit too action-y for me, Loki is a little bitch!!!

Favorite scene: Romanoff initial scene where she kicked everyone’s ass while handcuffed, Hulk throwing Loki around like a rag doll (LMAO), all Iron Man scenes, Loki talking to Agent Romanoff in the clear glass circle thing

Iron Man/RDJ was on fire with his jokes. My favorite was when he called Loki “Reindeer games” omgggg hilarious. He has the best delivery of his lines.

I am so sad that Agent Coulson died :(((((((( lol at his man-crush on Captain America.

Curious about Romanoff’s backstory and how Arrow guy fits in

I liked Thor for wanting to protect Earth.

I really really like Hiddleston as Loki. Loki is a little bitch!!!

Still curious about Nick Fury and how he lost his eye.

Overall, it was nice to see the Avengers bicker and come together to help defeat that bitch Loki.

Next movie- Iron Man 3
So . . . Loki’s a bitch. Got it. lol. arrow guy is Hawkeye.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie #7 - Iron Man 3

First impression: ehhhhhh

Fave scenes: Iron Man’s interaction with the boy, the scene where Iron Man’s house was blown up, and the end credits secret scene with Hulk, lol

This movie was okay. Kind of a let down going from Avengers (universe villains) to this (Earth villain). The movie had some fun moments for sure but I just didn’t buy into the villain being so upset by getting ditched on the roof. Movie was entertaining though. Loved the War Machine/Iron patriot banter haha.

Kingsley was freaking HILARIOUS omg

I think I like the Iron Man movies ranked in the order they came out.

Next movie - Thor: Dark World

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Movie #7 - Iron Man 3

First impression: ehhhhhh

Fave scenes: Iron Man’s interaction with the boy, the scene where Iron Man’s house was blown up, and the end credits secret scene with Hulk, lol

This movie was okay. Kind of a let down going from Avengers (universe villains) to this (Earth villain). The movie had some fun moments for sure but I just didn’t buy into the villain being so upset by getting ditched on the roof. Movie was entertaining though. Loved the War Machine/Iron patriot banter haha.

Kingsley was freaking HILARIOUS omg

I think I like the Iron Man movies ranked in the order they came out.

Next movie - Thor: Dark World
Very interesting. IMO this movie is far superior to part 2.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've inspired me to do a rewatch. :thumbup:

BTW, how are you watching these? Blu-ray, DVD, streaming?

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've inspired me to do a rewatch. :thumbup:

BTW, how are you watching these? Blu-ray, DVD, streaming?
Awesome! Feel free to join in even tho you’re not a newbie lol

I am renting them from the library, some have been blu ray and some dvd. I will use Netflix for the ones that are available there which seem to be the more recent films.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Feel free to join in even tho you’re not a newbie lol

I am renting them from the library, some have been blu ray and some dvd. I will use Netflix for the ones that are available there which seem to be the more recent films.

The library rules!

I'll leave the reviews to you, but thank you. I'm loving your impressions!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Was it because 2 had a similar villain to 1? Curious to hear more of your opinion :)
Yeah, bad villain (that's my main problem with most of the Marvel universe, even in some of the good movies). And as you even mentioned, Tony was simply unlikable through a majority of the film. It was just a huge letdown after the first movie.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie #8 - Thor: Dark World

First impression - Liked it - Damn you, Loki!

Fave scenes: Heimdall trying to protect Asgard, Everyone threatening to kill Loki, Loki shapeshifting into various folks including Captain America (lol), Loki death scene (I thought he had redeemed himself a smidge only to find out he’s still a weasel), Queen’s death was powerful, Kat Dennings calling the hammer “mew mew” (laughed out loud at that)

It was nice to learn more about Asgard and it’s history and about the other realms.

I did not realize Natalie Portman’s character was coming back so that was a surprise. Thor’s definitely got a thang for that mortal.

Okay, now I have some questions. I knew Loki was going to be deceitful at some point but I don’t know when he was able to switch? And the king is dead, right? That’s the body they found? And if Thor was able to tell Loki was projecting while in custody, shouldn’t he have been able to tell he was projecting as his father? And when “Loki” died? I feel like I missed something

I love to hate Loki. He’s definitely my fave villain and I hate him (but also love him, that little bitch).

I don’t think I liked this one AS much as Thor 1 but I liked this one for different reasons than I liked 1.

Secret end scene - what the heck are infinity stones? And why are they giving away the red stone they just fought to get? I’m guessing it has to do with the movie Infinity Wars so I am sure I will learn more soon.

Next movie - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie #9 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Initial impression: WTF?

Fave scene: Black Widow kicking ass scenes, sadness when Captain went the museum just so he could see his life from before, Black Widow and Captain scenes about trust

I was not prepared for the Hydra stuff to be front and center again. And I was kind of bummed that they had infiltrated Shield and that Shield is now over. I kind of felt a tad cheated by that. I feel like Shield should have caught that waaaaaay before it came to this. But what do I know? Lol

I was also not prepared to see Bucky or doctor Lola from the last movie. And I was not prepared for Nick Fury’s death and I am glad he wasn’t really killed. Is anyone actually dead in these movies? Jeeeeez, every time!

Curious what’s gonna happen with Bucky aka The Winter Soldier

I am glad Captain got to see old Agent Carter.

I think I liked the first Captain movie a bit more than this one. I didn’t NOT like it, but I just am just feeling kinda lost on the direction moving forward if there’s no Shield. Captain America kicked ass in this so I can see why a lot of folks liked this movie.

Also, the secret scene, with the German doctor talking about the twins and miracles? I have no clue what that is about. I guess we’ll see!

Next movie: Guardians of the Galaxy (super stoked to finally see this. I love Chris Pratt and I heard it’s a funny movie)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Awesome write ups. Bc you’re doing this as a marathon I think you’ll be able to piece together a lot of these questions you’ve been asking that others might miss when some time elapses between viewings. Keep it up!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Movie #9 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Initial impression: WTF?

Fave scene: Black Widow kicking ass scenes, sadness when Captain went the museum just so he could see his life from before, Black Widow and Captain scenes about trust

I was not prepared for the Hydra stuff to be front and center again. And I was kind of bummed that they had infiltrated Shield and that Shield is now over. I kind of felt a tad cheated by that. I feel like Shield should have caught that waaaaaay before it came to this. But what do I know? Lol

I was also not prepared to see Bucky or doctor Lola from the last movie. And I was not prepared for Nick Fury’s death and I am glad he wasn’t really killed. Is anyone actually dead in these movies? Jeeeeez, every time!

Curious what’s gonna happen with Bucky aka The Winter Soldier

I am glad Captain got to see old Agent Carter.

I think I liked the first Captain movie a bit more than this one. I didn’t NOT like it, but I just am just feeling kinda lost on the direction moving forward if there’s no Shield. Captain America kicked ass in this so I can see why a lot of folks liked this movie.

Also, the secret scene, with the German doctor talking about the twins and miracles? I have no clue what that is about. I guess we’ll see!

Next movie: Guardians of the Galaxy (super stoked to finally see this. I love Chris Pratt and I heard it’s a funny movie)
Funny, this is GENERALLY considered one of the very best Marvel movies. Always interesting to see different opinions.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, this is GENERALLY considered one of the very best Marvel movies.
Wow, that’s interesting actually. It was a good movie, for sure. I’m just going off initial reactions. I am curious if my opinions will change once I see them all.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Movie #10 - Guardians of the Galaxy

Initial reaction - Fun movie!!

Fave scenes: initial scene when Quill takes the purple infinity stone, Groot rag doll-ing Ronan’s people and then smiling shyly after (lol), prison break scene

Overall, I thought this was a fun movie. It took me a minute to understand everyone’s names and such but it was nice to see them get to be friends so quickly. Quill’s lines, like calling Ronan a “turd blossom” and “it’s not a purse, it’s a knapsack!” had me laughing.

The twist about him being half human and half something else was cool - I wonder who his dad is?

I’m excited to finally see this Thanos guy. Of the little I know, he’s supposed to be one baaaaad hombre and that he snaps his fingers? Anyhoo, I know I’ll be seeing him later.

So far I have seen the blue stone (the one that Asgard has?), The red stone (which was given to Benicio Del Toro by the Asgardians) but that wasn’t mentioned in this movie, and then the purple one which is now protected by the Nova guys. It’s under...Nova Lox and key (I made a pun!)

Next movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Very interesting. IMO this movie is far superior to part 2.

Definitely not the consensus overall, as far as I know. Then again, as was just said, Winter Soldier is considered one of the best, and it wasn't received that way on this thread. Interesting to get all the different opinions, and especially the new impressions here.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the consensus overall, as far as I know. Then again, as was just said, Winter Soldier is considered one of the best, and it wasn't received that way on this thread. Interesting to get all the different opinions, and especially the new impressions here.

I wonder if it will grow on thirty-two. It might take a while to process. It is a superhero movie, but also a throwback spy thriller. My two favorite parts are the beginning (the run with Falcon and the assault on the ship) and the discussion in his kitchen.

It is top 3 on my list, definitely.