PP21 Could Learn Something

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Have always been a fan of PP but he is starting to remind me of the bridesmaid who can't control her emotions and tries to put herself in the spotlight at the shower, ceremony or reception. He seems to have great timing on the field but really crappy timing off the field. Why try to leave a fart cloud and take attention away from the team, the fdraft picks and fans right before the draft? He has a great role-model to emulate right across the locker room in Fitz. He is damaging his brand while Larry constantly improves his. Football is a short period of their lives and I can assure you Fitz has future plans and has built an amazing brand for himself to leverage.

I think Rosen was dragged through far worse than PP and even though he initially reacted by un-following Cards (understandable), he adjusted beautifully. Tyran was humble and transparent enough to publicly acknowledge his own poor public reactions maybe PP will too. Unfortunately, narcissism doesn't work that way. You look for a spot light to make a proclamation (16th hole) and the public forgives you and embraces you but less than 90 days you are back at it and the public will think less of you. Not so much as to lose your talent but enough to invest their fandom into a different player and lose empathy for you claims. He would be wise to show back up at camp and not say a word. Do your job PP, enjoy your top 4 positional compensation, support Byron and the rest of your teammates and be a damn leader! Then hope everyone forgets about your ill-timed tantrum and stop sabotaging your brand.

I thought it was telling that Starks and Mark May on 98.7 last week said without hesitation, as players they would not want him as their team Captain. Listen and learn PP.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6355509-...and-tyrann-mathieu-gives-him-hilarious-praise

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Have always been a fan of PP but he is starting to remind me of the bridesmaid who can't control her emotions and tries to put herself in the spotlight at the shower, ceremony or reception. He seems to have great timing on the field but really crappy timing off the field. Why try to leave a fart cloud and take attention away from the team, the fdraft picks and fans right before the draft? He has a great role-model to emulate right across the locker room in Fitz. He is damaging his brand while Larry constantly improves his. Football is a short period of their lives and I can assure you Fitz has future plans and has built an amazing brand for himself to leverage.

I think Rosen was dragged through far worse than PP and even though he initially reacted by un-following Cards (understandable), he adjusted beautifully. Tyran was humble and transparent enough to publicly acknowledge his own poor public reactions maybe PP will too. Unfortunately, narcissism doesn't work that way. You look for a spot light to make a proclamation (16th hole) and the public forgives you and embraces you but less than 90 days you are back at it and the public will think less of you. Not so much as to lose your talent but enough to invest their fandom into a different player and lose empathy for you claims. He would be wise to show back up at camp and not say a word. Do your job PP, enjoy your top 4 positional compensation, support Byron and the rest of your teammates and be a damn leader! Then hope everyone forgets about your ill-timed tantrum and stop sabotaging your brand.

I thought it was telling that Starks and Mark May on 98.7 last week said without hesitation, as players they would not want him as their team Captain. Listen and learn PP.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6355509-...and-tyrann-mathieu-gives-him-hilarious-praise

Agree. I really like Rosen, but I think he had a better attitude after being traded to a needed QB team. If he would have stayed and had to compete with Murray for the starting QB, it would've been different, I think..

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This would have been a great draft to have traded him and his contract, swapping with a team who took a cb high in the 2nd round.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not care what Peterson thinks as long as he covers and shuts down the opposing team's stud WR... if you are looking for your CB to be a leader of your defense, you have a skewed perception of football

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Unless someone gave us two first-round picks, there's nothing "great" about trading Peterson.

Two first round picks is still unlikely to make up for what you lose by trading him.

There are very few guys that consistently cover as well as Peterson does.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And still no real word on what big puss was whining about I see. Multiple social media posts from players about how "they better not be trying to trade him" but I dont know if we were or what happened. Why isnt steve smith ripping him for taking his cardinal photos off his social media and throwing a tantrum?

OP
OP
Reddog

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I do not care what Peterson thinks as long as he covers and shuts down the opposing team's stud WR... if you are looking for your CB to be a leader of your defense, you have a skewed perception of football
No just hoping the Defensive Captain would be the leader on Defense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me the Cards drafted his possible replacement in Byron :shrug:

possible but a longshot IMO. I would prefer we extend pp21 next year as Byron will still be 2-3 years away from his big payday and when that comes, then we worry about it. by then pp21 should be moving to safety anyway.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim mentioned that PP was first one to text him when Kyler was drafted. If the rookie lights it up, watch PP change his tune quickly. He loves the limelight more than any player on roster.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And still no real word on what big puss was whining about I see. Multiple social media posts from players about how "they better not be trying to trade him" but I dont know if we were or what happened. Why isnt steve smith ripping him for taking his cardinal photos off his social media and throwing a tantrum?

You probably know why Steve Smith is crickets.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim mentioned that PP was first one to text him when Kyler was drafted. If the rookie lights it up, watch PP change his tune quickly. He loves the limelight more than any player on roster.

He was also absent on social media welcoming players to the team where normally he is not. He's still throwing a fit behind the scenes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Peterson started talking about snakes in the grass and deleting Cardinal stuff on Insta after the Prisco report about not taking Murray. This morning on the radio Keim said PP was the first to text him after the Murray pick. He’ll be fine and probably wants a raise.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson started talking about snakes in the grass and deleting Cardinal stuff on Insta after the Prisco report about not taking Murray. This morning on the radio Keim said PP was the first to text him after the Murray pick. He’ll be fine and probably wants a raise.

Snakes in the grass had nothing to do with who we took with the #1 pick. He was calling the front office snakes and liars and now hes hiding just like he did after he threw his last tantrum.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He is half the player he used to be, wont tackle, and gets beat more than ever.

Did you forget to take your pills again @KYCardFan ?

Patrick Peterson is still the best cornerback in the National Football League. Teams routinely avoid throwing the ball in his direction, and when they do, they perform poorer than throwing elsewhere.

Take Peterson off the Cardinals last year, and they probably don't win any games. He's that good.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't think he wants the captain's responsibility any more. I'd be surprised if he takes on the leadership role this season really. That alone is telling, and would signal his final season here.

If I'm wrong maybe things can work themselves out, but it's not looking bright at this juncture.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose