OK, I'm In

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Consensus is that we had the best draft of the weekend of any team. Yes, it would have been nice if we had gotten Williams or Bosa but I'm hearing pundits on my side of the country praising our draft especially the Murray pick. So count me in. Looking forward to OTA's and training camp!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consensus is that we had the best draft of the weekend of any team. Yes, it would have been nice if we had gotten Williams or Bosa but I'm hearing pundits on my side of the country praising our draft especially the Murray pick. So count me in. Looking forward to OTA's and training camp!
That a boy! Up until about a week before the draft I was in the keep Rosen and build the team. I finally came to grips that it was time to move on and if we were going to draft Murray we had to load up on wrs in the draft. We did. I don’t expect Murray to “transcend” the nfl , however , I do believe he AND this offense is going to challenge and befuddle defenses.

If things go the way I imagine I will no longer feel the game is over because we’ve fallen behinds by 10 pts.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That a boy! Up until about a week before the draft I was in the keep Rosen and build the team. I finally came to grips that it was time to move on and if we were going to draft Murray we had to load up on wrs in the draft. We did. I don’t expect Murray to “transcend” the nfl , however , I do believe he AND this offense is going to challenge and befuddle defenses.

If things go the way I imagine I will no longer feel the game is over because we’ve fallen behinds by 10 pts.
I didn't care for how they handled the Rosen thing. Not that I thought they would have gotten a 1st round pick for him but literally waiting minutes before the draft to try to move him was stupid beyond reality.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Wasn't initially on the Murray train, but after actually watching some of his film (not just the highlights) I became a believer. He can literally make every throw and can do serious damage from the pocket. He can quickly go through his progressions and can even continue to do so while he is scrambling and is a crazy running threat as well. There will obviously be some adjustment to the speed and overall talent level of the NFL, but I believe he is going to be a major success in the long run.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

My man.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing is, we have no choice. This is what we have. Some more players will come in due to cuts and what have you but it's like you're playing poker. When you're dealt a pair of 2's, you can't toss them in and ask for new cards. So, let's play with the hand we're dealt and try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.*

*-I am self admitting that I've used my limit of platitudes for the day.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in the "wait and see" category. The draft looks great on paper, but we all have seen this before and its totally different on the field. KK has a lot of work to do to get this team in sync with one another on offense, as most of it will be rookies, 4+ rookie WRs and a rookie QB. I just don't see them clicking until several games in and by then, it maybe to late to make the playoffs.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I know may Cardinals' fans who were unhappy the way things went done (myself included). Not so much with Murray, but the way Rosen was portrayed, including the cheap shots against him just hours before the draft. But as Cardinals' fans we are very resilient, we have to be. I never stay mad or upset for over a few hours, I have always been that way. So yeah, I am fully aboard and can't wait for the season to begin.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Colts and Patriots had better drafts but no one has ever transformed a team in one draft as much as the Cardinals just did

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is, we have no choice. This is what we have. Some more players will come in due to cuts and what have you but it's like you're playing poker. When you're dealt a pair of 2's, you can't toss them in and ask for new cards. So, let's play with the hand we're dealt and try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.*

*-I am self admitting that I've used my limit of platitudes for the day.

A pair of 2s is considered a premium hand in poker. ;)

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

It may Challenge and Befuddle defenses for about 6 weeks is all Been saying ever since KK was hired

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do miss an exciting offense
I thinks it possible that we will witness a Cardinals team offensively that we have never even dreamed of.. which is what brings me excitement. Forget the future predictions and all that crap.. all that matters right now is NOW.... and I'm excited! :)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm in the "wait and see" category. The draft looks great on paper, but we all have seen this before and its totally different on the field. KK has a lot of work to do to get this team in sync with one another on offense, as most of it will be rookies, 4+ rookie WRs and a rookie QB. I just don't see them clicking until several games in and by then, it maybe to late to make the playoffs.

I’m in but it was a painful wake up call for me. This is the best collection of draft picks I have seen in sometime. Seriously nice haul but we have never picked first in each round before so I was interested to see the outcome having ones choice of players for the bulk of the picks.

We will talk about this draft for years...