Final Call. Make your #1 pick prediction

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, the fact so many of you want to trade down making the decision making a lot harder with the GM we have with his history of 1st rounders is scary as hell.

Amazing take! As much criticism as so many of us have given Keim combined with all the strong opinions about who should go #1, be it Murray, Bosa, or Williams, it’s laughable so many people are saying trade down because your absolutely right...The weight of picking #1 is scary as hell. There’s basically zero pressure drafting mid to late in the first round.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The ask was for a prediction, not necessarily what we want. At least that's how I answered the question. ;)

Amazing take! As much criticism as so many of us have given Keim combined with all the strong opinions about who should go #1, be it Murray, Bosa, or Williams, it’s laughable so many people are saying trade down because your absolutely right...The weight of picking #1 is scary as hell. There’s basically zero pressure drafting mid to late in the first round.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, the fact so many of you want to trade down making the decision making a lot harder with the GM we have with his history of 1st rounders is scary as hell.
In KK, we trust. Let him take his guy @ 1.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is an amazing prospect who just takes you in by all he can do but I have consistently said the way you win with Rosen is a ton of ralent aeouar him.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You want to know who my well respected source is , my GUT feeling , not mistake proof , but vastly accurate over time . It says to me that Kyler Murray is going to be a Phenom in the NFL . I want him to be a Phenom in a Cardinal uniform . This is a pressure cooker situation as the #1 pick whitch non of us our used to . When I think of mistakes , I think the biggest mistake is not to take KM # 1

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I'm going to stick with my emulating the Rams theory. The Cards got their Pac-12 QB like Goff. They got their perfectly coiffed, young, innovative offensive HC like McVay. Now they're going to add a beast NT to shore up the defense.

Granted, the sequence and timing of everything won't perfectly match but I really think they'll build around Rosen.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Rosen has done nothing to warrant any trust in building around him and passing on Murray unless you think Murray is not good at all.

So Murray it is.

QB is the most important position so you always need to prioritize getting the best QB possible no matter what your needs are.

Even if you draft for need you don't even know if you actually fill the need. The draft has been a crapshoot also. If you spend top 10 picks on defensive linemen you have no clue if those guys are even going to be better than 3rd round picks.

I'm going to stick with my emulating the Rams theory. The Cards got their Pac-12 QB like Goff. They got their perfectly coiffed, young, innovative offensive HC like McVay. Now they're going to add a beast NT to shore up the defense.

Granted, the sequence and timing of everything won't perfectly match but I really think they'll build around Rosen.

People bring up the Rams because they are a good defensive team yet looking at their draft history:

their first two picks in 2018 were a Tackle and Center,
their first 2 picks in 2017 were a TE and a WR,
their first 4 picks in 2016 were a QB, 2x TE and a WR
their first 3 picks in 2015 were a RB and 2x Tackles.

The last time the Rams used a high pick on defensive player was Aaron Donald at 13 in 2014 and Michal Brockers at 14 in 2012.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do NOT trade down. The Cardinals have never fared well when any team has the opportunity to jump ahead of them...….Mahomes, Watkins, Shazier, Dupree, etc. With the hire of KK, you definitely draft KM. Nothing more needs to be said. Anything short of that & we're the same ole Cardinals.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Rosen has done nothing to warrant any trust in building around him and passing on Murray unless you think Murray is not good at all.
I don't think that's an accurate statement. Rosen did plenty of positive things, especially considering the circumstances. And choosing to keep Rosen doesn't mean that Murray isn't good at all. It just means that he isn't clearly a significant upgrade over Rosen.

As others have pointed out, there is validity to Rosen + Bosa/Williams vs. Murray. Especially if Rosen is put in an offense where he has more opportunities to succeed. Sure, if Murray is going to give you Mahomes level of production and Rosen continues to struggle the choice would be obvious but I don't think anyone can predict their futures that clearly. Rosen may not be the answer and the Cardinals may move on from him but I can't help but wonder, for example, if he'd been the QB at Oklahoma how things might have gone?

Reaction score
Would be ok with Williams.

Would rather have Bosa.

Would be ok with trading down.

Would not cry if it was Murray.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
quinnen williams makes the most sense.

look at steve keim...two time nfl executive of the year...a man with a huge ego....a man who drafts best in rounds 3-5...
last year he traded two picks in his sweet spot to move up for Rosen....oh yeah, and he is a scout...so he fancies he can pick a player.
then he had to hire a HC..in every interview...neither keim nor bidwill said anything about an X's and O's type coach...nothing about a "Leader of Men"...what they said repeatedly was that they were looking for a coach to develop Josh Rosen....and they found a coach who apparently fits that bill and is young enough to be with the team for decades if it all works out.
aaron rodgers has been mentoring Josh...and they bring in Rodgers QB coach to work with Josh Rosen.
They brought in possibly the leagues best oline coach to put together a line....to protect Josh Rosen.

steve keim,..a man who repeatedly uses the terms "Length" and "measurables" when discussing the draft....for every year he has been here

Hard to believe a man with Keims resume and ego is so gassed up on Kingsbury that he would essentially write off his entire 2018 draft as a miss just to go draft an undersized QB for him. a guy with zero Length or measurables.

if Rosen works out 2018 was keims best ever draft...got a center, got a WR, and got his franchise QB... that is a career maker as far as drafts go

but somehow the world thinks he is gonna drop all that,...an entire off season of garnering assets to improve Rosen....to pick a player that goes against everything he has stood for as a GM.

I dunno....I just dont see it. Not at #1

quinnen Williams... the dudes only red flag is that he gets gassed easily... but he is a beast when he is on the field.

Pick murray at 33 as a slash player when the rest of the first round passes on him for being too small.... the dude can play runningback and wide receiver with the benefit of throwing some passes

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Got 5/1 odds on Murray not being #1. Too much to ask that we pick Bosa/Williams or TB/Oakland trade up for them?