Goff was a Bust Too

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...in his rookie year. 7 games, QBR 19, only 5 TDs to 7 INT. IIRC he never won a game he started and he looked like as bad or worse as Rosen doing it. Then McVay comes in the next year and the guy is their franchise QB.

Goff has probably the most parallels to Rosen as any QB in recent history. I thought for sure Goff was a bust just for playing so bad even if it was a bad Fisher team. I don't think anyone can argue Wilks was a better org than 2016 Fisher.

Going only off 2018, I still think Rosen could be a bust, but I was watching Goff LOLing at the Rams for having a bust for a QB in 2016. Not LOLing at the Rams anymore (unfortunately).

I think the dynamics of this draft make it hard to draft another QB this year. If Rosen stinks it up again it makes it a lot easier to know the exact move to make in the next draft. Things are just a little opaque to do it in this one and know you got max value for your pick.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just a gut opinion, but I believe Goff has peaked in McVay’s system. Can’t see him putting up the same numbers as this past season...And that Super Bowl performance, oh boy.

Regarding Rosen, I agree he has higher upside than Goff. But man, if Kyler becomes a superstar, can you ever forgive yourself if you actually pass on him?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a gut opinion, but I believe Goff has peaked in McVay’s system. Can’t see him putting up the same numbers as this past season...And that Super Bowl performance, oh boy.

Regarding Rosen, I agree he has higher upside than Goff. But man, if Kyler becomes a superstar, can you ever forgive yourself if you actually pass on him?
Ding! Keim would get another extreme dui in a couple years from now, if so...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?NO difference than speculation and hope than Murray is transcendent and leading the Cards to the Super Bowl and being a "generational talent".

I am not talking about Murray. I am talking about the failure we currently have at QB

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not "dug into my Murray love", epecially because I think the best move is to trade down and take another QB next year

I think Rosen SUCKS until he proves otherwise and the sooner we dump him the better

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can say things too.MURRAY is overrated and will flop in the NFL.History says short QBs have little success in the NFL.

At this point probably overrated and more likely to bust than be good

Murray has nothing to do with Rosen being a crapshow at QB

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
in 44 hours this board will be in meltdown mode either way.Half saying "WTF" how can you pass on him and the other half saying "WTF are they thinking drafting him first.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I will be pissed if we draft the short overrated homophobic tweeting Daddys boy midget QB

Last edited by a moderator:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders, you're a "Super Moderator," maybe lay off of the divisiveness?

You're awesome, but you're throwing the gauntlet down with Bosa's presumed racism, homophobia, and you're planting your flag. I know there's a really unpleasant tweet he liked, but I don't know if everyone is aware.

I'm all for your concerns, and I don't think @BW52 needs to drop what he just said either.

Just take a step above?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Chris_Sanders, you're a "Super Moderator," maybe lay off of the divisiveness?

You're awesome, but you're throwing the gauntlet down with Bosa's presumed racism, homophobia, and you're planting your flag. I know there's a really unpleasant tweet he liked, but I don't know if everyone is aware.

I'm all for your concerns, and I don't think @BW52 needs to drop what he just said either.

Just take a step above?

You are probably right. I have deleted my comments and will refrain from voicing that again.

I believe I do about 80% of the moderating on this board at this point. I will just go back to washing the glasses and cleaning up the spills.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and Super Moderator is just a title. It means I can edit anything on the board.

I certainly didn't make it cause it sounds dumb :)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not if Bosa turns out to be the next Lawrence Taylor.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will be pissed if we draft the short overrated homophobic tweeting Daddys boy midget QB
Then leave your fandom at home because there are 31 other teams to root for. No need to quote everyone who is pro-Murray or realize that Josh has the worst year statistically out of all rookie qb’s.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Then leave your fandom at home because there are 31 other teams to root for. No need to quote everyone who is pro-Murray or realize that Josh has the worst year statistically out of all rookie qb’s.
how about you stop

trying to tell me who to root for.I have been rooting for this team for 50 plus years and I don't need or particularly give a damn what you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave