Me thinks you Rosen Lovers are worrying about nothing

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think everyone wants more and everyone has the right to expect more. He will either grow or he won't but to give up on him already is ridiculously premature.
I think most of us who want Murray can acknowledge it's not so much about Rosen as it is about Murray. If Murray wasn't such an overall fit to what KK is going to implement, then I would have no issue with rolling with Rosen. But I've said it many times.. the relationship Murray had with KK and still has with him makes me think it's just something we have to take a chance on. It's could be something extremely special...but I don't see it being anywhere near a bust either. But that's jmo.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What? Let's eliminate the big plays and then judge the offense. Huh?

Okay: Josh Rosen (our rookie backup quarterback to start the season) takes the snap from Mason Cole (our rookie backup center), and fades right behind the blocking prowess of couch callups Oday Aboushi and Jeremy Vujnovich next to Cole, and suprisingly a defensive lineman gets through. Rosen runs farther right, past rookie backup tackle Korey Cunningham, to fire deep to UDFA rookie starters Trent Scherfield and Jalen Tolliver, while Jermaine Gresham punches the referee.

Incomplete. Somehow the timing was off.

Mike McCoy throws his clipboard down in disgust and calls for a run up the gut instead. Pull David Johnson out and shout at him. Put Chase in instead.

Stupid Rosen.

This made my day...LOL

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I will let you guess which game this is from.....

"That first half was an absolute nightmare for Rosen. He was 8-of-17 for 60 yards with the two interceptions returned for scores. His passer rating was 16.4.

Not 106.4. Or even 60.4. Sixteen. Point. Four.

It would be great to be able to say that Rosen circled the wagons at intermission, came out in the second half and rallied. But the second 30 minutes of the game were only slightly less disastrous than the first. He turned the ball over three more times in the game. On Arizona's lone touchdown drive of the game, Rosen threw two more would-be picks that were dropped.

It was a horrendous outing from beginning to end. As a matter of fact, horrendous doesn't do it justice."

You can guess the game. That is the guy you are hitching your hopes and dreams to.

Was it Kurt Warner's Thanksgiving night game against the Eagles in 2008?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-week-13-eagles-sink-cardinals-in-a-48-20-win
I think most of us who want Murray can acknowledge it's not so much about Rosen as it is about Murray. If Murray wasn't such an overall fit to what KK is going to implement, then I would have no issue with rolling with Rosen. But I've said it many times.. the relationship Murray had with KK and still has with him makes me think it's just something we have to take a chance on. It's could be something extremely special...but I don't see it being anywhere near a bust either. But that's jmo.

I would be all in on Kyler if he was Andrew Luck-Peyton Manning HOF-potential good. He will likely be an above average quarterback, but not elite IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think Murray will be the pick and Rosen is going nowhere. We will open camp with Rosen as our starter and his job to lose. The Cards would rather do this than to give Rosen away for pennies on the dollar and take a cap hit. We may not like it but a lot of things can change by opening day.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think everyone wants more and everyone has the right to expect more. He will either grow or he won't but to give up on him already is ridiculously premature.
You have to strike while the iron is hot.

I am convinced we will be picking somewhere between 8 and 15 next year. Do you want to trade the farm to move up for Tua, or Herbert?

I'm just not willing to project his improvement to be above "Dalton & Keenum level". Because that would be about a 100% improvement over last year. Projecting anything more than that is a fools errand IMO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You have to strike while the iron is hot.

I am convinced we will be picking somewhere between 8 and 15 next year. Do you want to trade the farm to move up for Tua, or Herbert?

I'm just not willing to project his improvement to be above "Dalton & Keenum level". Because that would be about a 100% improvement over last year. Projecting anything more than that is a fools errand IMO.

The only current college QB (including this years draftable guys) I would trade the farm for is Trevor Lawrence and he isn't available until 2021. If Lawrence was available in this draft it'd be a no brainer--Murray is not the sure thing that he is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Worried like when you saw Rosen play football last year?
Worried because I would be taking an undersized QB in both height and weight, who only has one year of starting experience, and does not have a reputation as a "grinder". That is worse than Ryan Lindley production because that gets you out of the league.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only current college QB (including this years draftable guys) I would trade the farm for is Trevor Lawrence and he isn't available until 2021. If Lawrence was available in this draft it'd be a no brainer--Murray is not the sure thing that he is.
Lawrence will also have his hiccups I'm sure in his next couple seasons.. so even he will become less of a sure thing at some point. Imo. Maybe he wont.. just saying, we can't predict what will or won't happen.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I know, the Blues just can't seem to get over the hump & it gets frustrating.

They really looked like they did this series though. Game 1 and 2 the Jets were trying to physically abuse the Blues both games and provoke penalties. The blues didn't get suckered in and won both games. Games 3 and 4 the Jets changed strategies and really caught the Blues with their pants down. Game 5 the Blues adjusted to the Jets new gameplan and in game 6 they just dominated the Jets completely. The Jets barely had any shots on goal until the game was practically decided.

I don't know if they will make it to the Stanley Cup or not but the team/goalie/coach certainly are more than capable of getting it done.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Who's for dumping the plain Jane and picking up that hottie who keeps flirting with us?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will let you guess which game this is from.....

"That first half was an absolute nightmare for Rosen. He was 8-of-17 for 60 yards with the two interceptions returned for scores. His passer rating was 16.4.

Not 106.4. Or even 60.4. Sixteen. Point. Four.

It would be great to be able to say that Rosen circled the wagons at intermission, came out in the second half and rallied. But the second 30 minutes of the game were only slightly less disastrous than the first. He turned the ball over three more times in the game. On Arizona's lone touchdown drive of the game, Rosen threw two more would-be picks that were dropped.

It was a horrendous outing from beginning to end. As a matter of fact, horrendous doesn't do it justice."

You can guess the game. That is the guy you are hitching your hopes and dreams to.

Wonder how many of these type of games can be brought up when you look at Troy Aikman's 1-15 season.

What did Dallas do?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmao. Someone doesn't like facts. Historic does not mean "worst ever" but who cares about what words mean when you have it all figured out Don't worry. They will keep Josh and Brett Hundley will be starting sooner than later. Just remember you asked for it.

You are confusing historical and historic. “Any past event is historical, but only the most memorable ones are historic.”

Ergo: if you use historic, you are referencing the worst.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Wonder how many of these type of games can be brought up when you look at Troy Aikman's 1-15 season.

What did Dallas do?

Guernsey you know you will be told that what happened back then no bearing on today's NFL-thats the gospel according to St Murray and his minions.I mean why take the time to build up the supporting cast when all you have to do is The Great Transcendent almighty Super duper QB Murray and your team is playoff bound.:sarcasm:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards to Rosen when they pass on Murray Thursday:

You must be registered for see images attach

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards to Rosen when they pass on Murray Thursday:

You must be registered for see images attach

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They really looked like they did this series though. Game 1 and 2 the Jets were trying to physically abuse the Blues both games and provoke penalties. The blues didn't get suckered in and won both games. Games 3 and 4 the Jets changed strategies and really caught the Blues with their pants down. Game 5 the Blues adjusted to the Jets new gameplan and in game 6 they just dominated the Jets completely. The Jets barely had any shots on goal until the game was practically decided.

I don't know if they will make it to the Stanley Cup or not but the team/goalie/coach certainly are more than capable of getting it done.
I thought in game 5 when the Jets went up 2-0 we were done? Noooooooo, they came back & spanked dat ass & then won game 6 by the same score 3-2. We'll see what happens from here?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Either QB can win with a good team around him, and can't with a bad team. That's the more pressing long term concern.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I was worried about ALL the QBs last year and and I am worried about all of them this year. As for Mayfield, he had a terrific first year. So did RGIII. You just cant know.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I was worried about ALL the QBs last year and and I am worried about all of them this year. As for Mayfield, he had a terrific first year. So did RGIII. You just cant know.
Yup. It's a crapshoot. Just give KK the QB he wants and call it a day. Then the front office will have an alibi if he sucks and have to fire KK. Its a win win. :)