Shameful Bit of History

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
If indeed the Cards end up taking Murray and ditching Rosen, the Cards franchise will make history, and not in a good way. Heard it on the radio here in the 'Burgh the other day when John Clayton was on--it would be the first time a first-round QB was ever traded after only one year. And I think it would be shambolic. Not a comment on Murray--I'm torn, leaning towards not taking him and sticking with Rosen, but still torn. It would be the final nail in Keim's coffin for me, though. I mean, Jesus wept!

Wow, John Clayton is still with us?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang - If Rosen is average, what were we doing a year ago drafting him in the first place - wasting our time, energy and resources?

Teams draft average to below average QBs in the 1st round all of the time.

If the Cardinals have already identified that this is Rosens path, then good on them.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Teams draft average to below average QBs in the 1st round all of the time.

If the Cardinals have already identified that this is Rosens path, then good on them.

No, bad on them, because they won't have even tried to develop him. And bad on them because it would not just mean you're admitting he's average or below average, but hot garbage. Not a good look for an already suspect talent recognition FO.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
No, bad on them, because they won't have even tried to develop him. And bad on them because it would not just mean you're admitting he's average or below average, but hot garbage. Not a good look for an already suspect talent recognition FO.

If Kingsbury is supposed to be so good at developing QBs then why not Rosen?Or his rep is just BS?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not true. If Rosen is average and Murray is really good, then there is no shame in moving on.

This is the way I feel about it as well. If one makes a mistake, correct it and move on as quickly as possible.

I'm not saying drafting Rosen was a mistake but if Murray is significantly better, the Cardinals should draft him.

I think Dallas set the precedent in 1989. We can argue about the details but it's close enough in my book.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like if we could follow the Jacksonville and Blaine Gabbert model, who had a Rosen like first year, and then just let him keep sucking for multiple years...

That seems like the way to go

This is what I fear; the Cardinals stick with Rosen, he sucks, but the team wins just enough games to miss out on Hebert/Tua/Lawrence in the coming years. The Cardinals bring in Blake Bortles as competition. He has his moments, but the Cardinals still need a Qb.

Murray goes to Oakland. Murray to Brown, Murray to William's. The Raiders move to Vegas and become relevant again.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is what I fear; the Cardinals stick with Rosen, he sucks, but the team wins just enough games to miss out on Hebert/Tua/Lawrence in the coming years. The Cardinals bring in Blake Bortles as competition. He has his moments, but the Cardinals still need a Qb.

Murray goes to Oakland. Murray to Brown, Murray to William's. The Raiders move to Vegas and become relevant again.
Or Kyler comes to a team with bumbling front office and potentially aged out HC, where no one trusts each other, gets a diva WR who won't tolerate him being bad, and then moves to Vegas to be watched by a stadium 80% filled with tourists.

I mean, there's also a very easy scenario where Murray doesn't win us any more games this year, and we're looking at Tua going "well, can't do that again."

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kingsbury is supposed to be so good at developing QBs then why not Rosen?Or his rep is just BS?
Kingsbury began recruiting Murray when Murray was a 15 year old H S athlete. Hopefully it is not KK's decision to draft him. Drafting him because he is an obsession is bad logic.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, let's waste 1st round picks. Sounds like a load of fun! Let's set THAT trend...wait, no, we already have. Let's CONTINUE that trend!!!

Yeah, you're right, circumstances are absolutely meaningless. I mean, we all know QBs play on an island, right? I'm so glad you absolutely know he's a bust, Chris! That'll totally save the Cards FO the agony of making this decision.

You aren't short on...confidence. I'll give you that, but nothing else.

I wish I could reassure you that Rosen will be decent because I still believe we keep Rosen.

Just the more game tape I watch, the more it validates the analytics.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wish I could reassure you that Rosen will be decent because I still believe we keep Rosen.

Just the more game tape I watch, the more it validates the analytics.

What kind of analytics can you possibly use when the kid had historically little time to throw? Wasn't it something like 2.5 seconds? I'm just firing from memory here.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I agree that it's the end of Keim if this happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose