Kent Somers, Diehard OU fan, Recommends Williams, Keep Rosen

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
"I saw almost every snap he took last season for the Sooners (his only year as a college starter) and voted for him for the Heisman Trophy.

Even at 5-feet-10-inches, I think he will eventually be successful in the NFL.

But, he is not Baker Mayfield. He is not Andrew Luck. He is not Peyton Manning or Patrick Mahomes.

But I’m not convinced Murray is going to be a better NFL quarterback than Rosen.

I’d rather emerge from this draft with Rosen and Williams or Bosa, than with Murray and a missed opportunity to add a long-term impact player on defense.

Taking Murray first overall isn’t worth passing on either Williams and Bosa."

The voice of reason

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"I saw almost every snap he took last season for the Sooners (his only year as a college starter) and voted for him for the Heisman Trophy.

Even at 5-feet-10-inches, I think he will eventually be successful in the NFL.

But, he is not Baker Mayfield. He is not Andrew Luck. He is not Peyton Manning or Patrick Mahomes.

But I’m not convinced Murray is going to be a better NFL quarterback than Rosen.

I’d rather emerge from this draft with Rosen and Williams or Bosa, than with Murray and a missed opportunity to add a long-term impact player on defense.

Taking Murray first overall isn’t worth passing on either Williams and Bosa."

The voice of a man with an opinion
Ftfy. :)

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Fans will be calling for Rosen to be pulled after the first five games. Murray may not even make it through the season. Quite a mess

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just think a #1 on a QB in this draft is a reach. As much as Im not sold on Rosen being our guy I also like the idea of controlling the variables. If we keep Rosen and he improves we know KK is solid. If we do the exact same then KK isn't all that because even if Rosen isn't a great qb, a better system should produce better results than last season. Put KM and KK together, two rooks, and only way we get a result with clarity is by winning so much it doesn't matter if it's because of the one, the other or both.

Murray might be good but I'm not sold he is a lock to be better than anything we can get in the future. Tua is coming out next draft and if Lawrence keeps playing like he has he will coming in the draft after that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where did all this, "The fans are against Rosen stuff" come from? Was he booed while attending a D-Backs game? Only thing I read in NY are Mocks which show teams taking four QB's in the first round. Very quiet about any teams showing interest in trading for JR. At this time of year that might be a good thing, as things are usually kept quiet.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Where did all this, "The fans are against Rosen stuff" come from? Was he booed while attending a D-Backs game? Only thing I read in NY are Mocks which show teams taking four QB's in the first round. Very quiet about any teams showing interest in trading for JR. At this time of year that might be a good thing, as things are usually kept quiet.

If he were to stay around and the Cards are 2-12 (which they may be with this schedule) everyone will be lamenting keeping him. You do understand that Kyler Murray wouldn’t be a starting QB for anyone else in the league from day one? Any franchise with common sense wouldn’t start him. He would be sitting on the sidelines for another team while Rosen gets ripped and passing on Murray is the theme of the season

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If he were to stay around and the Cards are 2-12 (which they may be with this schedule) everyone will be lamenting keeping him. You do understand that Kyler Murray wouldn’t be a starting QB for anyone else in the league from day one? Any franchise with common sense wouldn’t start him. He would be sitting on the sidelines for another team while Rosen gets ripped and passing on Murray is the theme of the season

No matter what Rosen does he will be ripped ,second-quessed,blasted,criticized by the Murrayites.Rosen could throw 20 TD passes and he would be ripped because he didn`t throw 21.If the pick is Bosa or Q.Williams they will be ripped because that didn`t get 15 sacks or cause 10 fumbles etc;.Even if Rosen helps the team go 6-10 or better it won`t be enough for the Murrayites.Murray would have done this or murray would have done that better ,blah,blah,blah..etc;.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what Rosen does he will be ripped ,second-quessed,blasted,criticized by the Murrayites.Rosen could throw 20 TD passes and he would be ripped because he didn`t throw 21.If the pick is Bosa or Q.Williams they will be ripped because that didn`t get 15 sacks or cause 10 fumbles etc;.Even if Rosen helps the team go 6-10 or better it won`t be enough for the Murrayites.Murray would have done this or murray would have done that better ,blah,blah,blah..etc;.
Your probably right. But the same will happen if we go the other way with Murray. I have never seen a draft so polarizing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If this board is a representation of Cardinal fandom, I think the fans want to keep Rosen.

Honestly I think BOTH scenarios would work.

I think Bosa and Q Williams are going to be good players. Rosen will be Eli Manning. And Murray is going to be Russell Wilson.

The Cardinals are going to win with Rosen. And whoever gets Murray will win with him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I just think a #1 on a QB in this draft is a reach. As much as Im not sold on Rosen being our guy I also like the idea of controlling the variables. If we keep Rosen and he improves we know KK is solid. If we do the exact same then KK isn't all that because even if Rosen isn't a great qb, a better system should produce better results than last season. Put KM and KK together, two rooks, and only way we get a result with clarity is by winning so much it doesn't matter if it's because of the one, the other or both.

Murray might be good but I'm not sold he is a lock to be better than anything we can get in the future. Tua is coming out next draft and if Lawrence keeps playing like he has he will coming in the draft after that.
my position is give Rosen two more years, hopefully with the same OC for a change...and if he doesnt pan out then get Lawrence.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Not sure who is at fault but the Cardinals are now almost boxed in with the Murray situation. If the Cardinals really do want Murray and wanted to create a smoke screen, they would have pretended that they were going with Rosen/Bosa and had someone trade up for Bosa. Now they have devalued the pick and their leverage with Rosen. At least when the Chiefs got stuck with Eric Fischer at number one, they didn’t tear apart their fan base and locker room. They just shied away from controversy and drafted the best player available at a position of need.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure who is at fault but the Cardinals are now almost boxed in with the Murray situation. If the Cardinals really do want Murray and wanted to create a smoke screen, they would have pretended that they were going with Rosen/Bosa and had someone trade up for Bosa. Now they have devalued the pick and their leverage with Rosen. At least when the Chiefs got stuck with Eric Fischer at number one, they didn’t tear apart their fan base and locker room. They just shied away from controversy and drafted the best player available at a position of need.

It's just a debate amongst fans; no scars, and the locker room couldn't care less at this point.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my position is give Rosen two more years, hopefully with the same OC for a change...and if he doesnt pan out then get Lawrence.
Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. So many variables, that its absolutely no guarantee we get the kid in 2021. Then what?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why so defensive? Fans just want wins at the end of the day. Especially guys on this site.. if Rosen goes out and plays well..great! We are in good shape.. You won't hear a peep out of me...ill be glad I was proven wrong. But if he's not, I will be critical of him..as will others. That's the biz.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Why so defensive? Fans just want wins at the end of the day. Especially guys on this site.. if Rosen goes out and plays well..great! We are in good shape.. You won't hear a peep out of me...ill be glad I was proven wrong. But if he's not, I will be critical of him..as will others. That's the biz.

Just saying that IMO Josh Rosen will never satisfy some fans no matter what he does short of a Super Bpwl win.Some will probably Cards would have done better with( insert name) as QB.