Regardless of what we do at #1.. The Cards have done a serious injustice to Rosen

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the whole thing is a smokescreen, Maybe it's not....But if it's a smokescreen to get a trade partner, did we really have any reason to not give Rosen the heads up (and piece of mind??) Do you really think if he were offered an insight into our draft master plan...He would be the type to blab about it on Social media?

Hell....maybe he is privy, and this is one of the most elaborate smokescreens ever.

But if it's not, They are doing Rosen dirty IMO, Confidence is a huge factor for the man you chose just under a year ago... to lead your team, and screwing with his head seems fairly counter-productive to me.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe the whole thing is a smokescreen, Maybe it's not....But if it's a smokescreen to get a trade partner, did we really have any reason to not give Rosen the heads up (and piece of mind??) Do you really think if he were offered an insight into our draft master plan...He would be the type to blab about it on Social media?

Hell....maybe he is privy, and this is one of the most elaborate smokescreens ever.

But if it's not, They are doing Rosen dirty IMO, Confidence is a huge factor for the man you chose just under a year ago... to lead your team, and screwing with his head seems fairly counter-productive to me.
If they don't take Murray, maybe it's no injustice at all, quite possible that they told Rosen to play along with the smokescreen? Hoping to acquire more picks. We will find out Thursday.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Rosen is a confident kid and is handling this like a trooper.

That said, you’re right. Unless this is some elaborate hoax being played on fans and the media, this is not how you treat players, especially your QB. Sends an awful message to other players.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If they don't take Murray, maybe it's no injustice at all, quite possible that they told Rosen to play along with the smokescreen? Hoping to acquire more picks. We will find out Thursday.

That ship has sailed. The media ratcheted up the pressure, but management handled the situation wrong. A good portion of the fan base will now be booing Rosen on every incompletion. The Cardinals front office (With Bidwill in charge) have driven the value of the top pick down. No one will trade up for Murray. And the Cardinals have signaled that either Bosa or Q Williams will likely be available after the Card’s and Niners pick. Who would trade up now?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sucks for fans that want to give Rosen another chance too.. it just screams way too messy to me. You have a young QB that you want to instill with absolute confidence.. I would say that even if you are smokescreening for the #1 spot bidders, it's still a crappy thing to put your young QB through. Imo. So if it's not Murray, how will Rosen really handle all this? Really well...Id hope

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Rosen understands the worst case is he is going to go start for another team or backup under a veteran great. No one is trading us what we want for him to go sit on a practice squad let alone not have plans for him to be their starter if he really has what it takes. He still controls his own destiny whether traded or not thru his ability displayed next season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

I am afraid that this is true.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Kliff truly believed in Rosen over Murray I think they would’ve publicly committed to Rosen right after the rumors started. If it’s all a smokescreen then they really miscalculated the idea that a team would trade up for Murray. That SI feature sounded like Rosen was trying to sound attractive to teams listening and I don’t know what to make of the schedule spoof videos... What is this high school or something?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think Rosen understands the worst case is he is going to go start for another team or backup under a veteran great. No one is trading us what we want for him to go sit on a practice squad let alone not have plans for him to be their starter if he really has what it takes. He still controls his own destiny whether traded or not thru his ability displayed next season.

And the Cardinals get Murray who had the potential to drop like a rock because of his size and the fact that he fits very few systems. His father is also a potential cause for concern. All they had to do was back Rosen and draft the best player available. That ship has sailed.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the Cardinals get Murray who had the potential to drop like a rock because of his size and the fact that he fits very few systems. His father is also a potential cause for concern. All they had to do was back Rosen and draft the best player available. That ship has sailed.
Bpa is a catch 22. No one knows who the best player is until they have played some games in the NFL.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why not just draft Murray and have him compete with Rosen for the starting gig in preseason.
Won't happen. Imo. I believe we have some really good bidding wars going on for him right now and will want to load up on draft picks this year. But never say never.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I got one for you, the Cardinals have already decided on drafting Murray and already have a trade partner for Rosen, which they are more than satisfied with. Both teams see no advantage to announce it now and Rosen is vaguely aware of this but knows it's best not to give it away for his new employer which he might not be fully aware of yet, because anything can happen to the said players till the draft but it's already in place... this is possible and something the NFL would endorse for ratings leading to the draft :)

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't want us to draft Murray either. I'm just saying I don't think Josh is worried that his football life hangs in the balance on Murray. Your QB is typically very close with the org at all levels. To think Josh knows as much as we know would be hard to believe. If he doesn't know exactly where things stand then our org is in serious trouble.

I believe they told him one of two things (whichever is the truth)...
As an org it would be negligent for us not to always be evaluating every possible move and there is a chance another team could make us an offer we can't refuse. If the roles were reversed and you were a free agent and another team offered you a better deal than we could make we couldn't fault you for taking it.

Or...

Dude, you are our guy but we have a chance to really capitalize on this Murray hype. Don't tell anyone that, just act like you're in the dark also. Once we get a trade for our #1 we will come out and tell everyone after careful consideration it was an easy choice to stick with you and we have full faith and essentially confirm the smokescreen without saying as much but everyone will know you were the guy all along.

If the org told him the second story AND traded him then I would say he was done wrong.

I don't buy that fans as a majority want Murray so I don't see fans booing Rosen. The reverse would be true though, if Murray struggles people would be booing that if we spent a #1 on him and shipped off Rosen.

I think the only way Rosen is getting booed on every incomplete pass is if he is below mediocre AND Murray is crushing it with another team. That's when the woulda coulda frustration will take over. I don't think that combo is likely to happen or I would be advocating for spending a #1 on Murray.

I have said it plenty, #1 in this draft on a QB is a reach for the cards. If we drafted a QB I would much rather trade down to 4 with the raiders, get our D stud and parlay the trade down with Rosen to get another pick for Haskins or Lock. I don't see how such events could come to fruition though.

I think all of the teams know what we want and aren't going to give us a good value on our #1. I hope SK doesn't just give it away for some poor value because he is too scared to use the #1 himself.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I got one for you, the Cardinals have already decided on drafting Murray and already have a trade partner for Rosen, which they are more than satisfied with. Both teams see no advantage to announce it now and Rosen is vaguely aware of this but knows it's best not to give it away for his new employer which he might not be fully aware of yet, because anything can happen to the said players till the draft but it's already in place... this is possible and something the NFL would endorse for ratings leading to the draft :)

So Kliff is teaching Josh a fake playbook? :lmao:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why not just draft Murray and have him compete with Rosen for the starting gig in preseason.
I don't want for this to come off wrong to someone who just started posting here, so my apologies in advance...

But if you think there's enough time in practice and preseason to have a real QB competition between two first round picks, and maintain any kind of trade value, you don't understand the current CBA. There are barely enough snaps with the first team unit to get a single QB up to speed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If I was Rosen I would be playing along with it. Why? Keim is trying to trade that first pick for more picks. No one wants Murray that bad. So Keim is trying to make a market. All it takes is one. If I was Rosen I would wan the Cards to get multiple picks, too! They need the talent infusion! OL, DL, WR, line backer, etc. We have needs!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't happen. Imo. I believe we have some really good bidding wars going on for him right now and will want to load up on draft picks this year. But never say never.

There ain’t nobody nobody in a bidding war to move up and grab Murray. But dreaming is free I guess.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That ship has sailed. The media ratcheted up the pressure, but management handled the situation wrong. A good portion of the fan base will now be booing Rosen on every incompletion. The Cardinals front office (With Bidwill in charge) have driven the value of the top pick down. No one will trade up for Murray. And the Cardinals have signaled that either Bosa or Q Williams will likely be available after the Card’s and Niners pick. Who would trade up now?
Didn't realize people think the cardinals have given away their plans. The media for sure are saying the cardinals will draft Murray, more than not anyways. From what I've read I don't feel like the cardinals have tipped their hand to the media. They may very well draft Murray & make everyone look right, but hopefully they keep Rosen & trade down to acquire more picks? That's my draft wish anyways.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Rosen's Cards contract is $17.6 million. He already received an $11 million bonus. I don't feel sorry for him.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Josh Rosen's Cards contract is $17.6 million. He already received an $11 million bonus. I don't feel sorry for him.
Bingo! And at the rate qb salaries are skyrocketing, if he can be just an adequate starter for the Cards, or someone else, when he signs his next contract or extension in a few years he’ll be making $25- $30 million, and that will be a bargain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose