The Drums Continue to Beat

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I feel like a whirling dervish and I’m getting dizzy. I did a little personal info gathering and reached out to most of the guys with whom I spoke a couple weeks ago. At that point they were convinced the Cards would take Murray. Now the majority has changed their opinion. They now think the Cards (unless overwhelmed by a trade offer) will go defense. They’re divided between Bosa and Williams. Way back I said I thought Williams would fit the need better. However I wavered because several people I really respect feel Bosa is far and away the biggest impact player. If I’m picking I still go Williams, but I’d be happy with Bosa. I could live with a great trade but only if it nets a potentially impactful defensive player.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think they are reading the same stuff we are......

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Williams would be a more Keim-y pick.

Bosa is a finished product with better than average athleticism.

Williams is a rare combo of size and athleticism who is 20 years old: major upside

Keim loves guys with higher ceilings.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Bosa is definitely the more disruptive player. Williams is the more likely to be available and steady EVERY game. Ala Campbell. The question becomes is a young Calais with a higher ceiling worth the #1? It doesn't mean he'll achieve the ceiling though. Bosa they'll have to address the concern for durability largely. Does the way he plays make injuries a legitimate bigger concern on a regular basis?

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
If we pass on Murray we deserve to stay at the bottom. A game changer like him comes around once a decade. The defensive players mentioned are certainly outstanding players but none of them have the game changing impact of KM. Rosen is a run of the mill QB like Smith or Tannenhill. KM could bring the Cards to exciting respectability immediately. I hope SK doesn't outthink himself on this one.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we pass on Murray we deserve to stay at the bottom. A game changer like him comes around once a decade. The defensive players mentioned are certainly outstanding players but none of them have the game changing impact of KM. Rosen is a run of the mill QB like Smith or Tannenhill. KM could bring the Cards to exciting respectability immediately. I hope SK doesn't outthink himself on this one.

Out thinking would be believing that mini-me is a pint size Andrew Luck, who was drafted in the past decade.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"game changers" like him have come out of the draft a lot and failed miserably lately.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly can’t think of another first round QB that fits Murray’s mold. Please enlighten me with the “a lot” of them that have come out “lately.”

Mobile, electric heisman trophy winners that are supposed to be transcending talents:

RG3: The redskins traded the FARM because he was the next big thing.

Tebow: Mobile, super stud, heisman winning elite QB.

But Murrays hype machine is currently out of control. We'll see what happens when that settles down.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If you really believe that you are being told the truth about anything by anyone.... You're being played.

They knew weeks ago.

Keim is a tape watcher. And fortunately it doesn't lie. The rest of this entire crap show is all puffery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Old thinking dies hard. I hear ya.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mobile, electric heisman trophy winners that are supposed to be transcending talents:

RG3: The redskins traded the FARM because he was the next big thing.

Tebow: Mobile, super stud, heisman winning elite QB.

But Murrays hype machine is currently out of control. We'll see what happens when that settles down.
RG 3...horrible at avoiding hits. Which ultimately dimmed his lightbulb. Let's not forget how valued he was to start his career.
Tebow..no comparison. Never had the arm. The speed.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you really believe that you are being told the truth about anything by anyone.... You're being played.

They knew weeks ago.

Keim is a tape watcher. And fortunately it doesn't lie. The rest of this entire crap show is all puffery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup! The Bosa, Q, Oliver, Allen tape is outstanding and doesn't lie.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As all signs point towards Murray does one need to check if signs are installed backwards?.. ...go on..

You must be registered for see images attach

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RG-3 wasn't horrible at avoiding hits in College.
Ok... but one comparison. Not only that.. but he surely wasn't seen as a bust until injury plagued his career. Same could easily happen to Bosa. Williams. Guys fall on other dudes all the time in these piles and scrums. How pumped were we about Jon Cooper until that leg injury messed him up mentally for the rest of his career..I remember him being quite the sure thing at the time.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Ok... but one comparison. Not only that.. but he surely wasn't seen as a bust until injury plagued his career. Same could easily happen to Bosa. Williams. Guys fall on other dudes all the time in these piles and scrums. How pumped were we about Jon Cooper until that leg injury messed him up mentally for the rest of his career..I remember him being quite the sure thing at the time.

And somebody can squash Murray also.Acting like QBs don`t get hit is nonsense.He was sacked 18 times last season.That was in college with a OLINE with 4 draft picks protecting him.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Old and new thinking tells me there has been precisely one under 6' QB who won a SB in the past 51 years, and it was delivered by an outstanding defence.
Cool. It also tells me that is in the past.. and the NFL is changing. Whether we like it or not. If the guy can play football, he can play football. I think most understand this about Murray. Whether it pans out..no one knows. But I don't think anyone can discredit the fact that this kid can play at a high level regardless of height. Jmo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And somebody can squash Murray also.Acting like QBs don`t get hit is nonsense.He was sacked 18 times last season.That was in college with a OLINE with 4 draft picks protecting him.
I never said he couldn't. Just saying maybe we should stop thinking Bosa and any other pick couldn't suffer a nasty injury that sets them back years.. my Cooper comparison should be proof that there is never a sure thing. They are all on the same level when it comes to that stuff. Imo

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like a whirling dervish and I’m getting dizzy. I did a little personal info gathering and reached out to most of the guys with whom I spoke a couple weeks ago. At that point they were convinced the Cards would take Murray. Now the majority has changed their opinion. They now think the Cards (unless overwhelmed by a trade offer) will go defense. They’re divided between Bosa and Williams. Way back I said I thought Williams would fit the need better. However I wavered because several people I really respect feel Bosa is far and away the biggest impact player. If I’m picking I still go Williams, but I’d be happy with Bosa. I could live with a great trade but only if it nets a potentially impactful defensive player.
My instincts (mostly from the gut) pretty much match yours:

Q Williams. Forget Murray. Stick with Rosen. But nothing's a lock.

Fortunately the decision on Rosen vs. Murray is in the hands of the dude who knows a lot about this stuff and who also happens to be head coach.