Panic Points

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to predict which pools will be drained by the runs on specific positions and when that will happen. The top edge rushers will likely be gone by pick 15. I also think the other premier DLs will be gone by the end of round 1. I realize most of the edge guys I mentioned will likely be LBs. Finally the core group of QBs will be gone by pick 20. I expect an assortment OLs to go in round 1 but this pool has gotten inordinately deep. Still by midway through round 2 it looks like the pool will be greatly thinned. Look for WRs heavily in round 2 with possibly 1 or 2 having in round 1. It is actually possible no CB will go in round 1. I expect quite a few to be scattered throughout the second round. Safeties will mostly be disappointed. Few will goin the first 2 rounds. Anyway that’s how I see it. There’s a talent gap after pick 3 or 4 depending on Murray. Another falls after 13-14. After that the talent is surprisingly equal all the way to pick 45. This area will determine who has the best scouting and which teams prosper most from this draft. I assure you there is no consensus on who goes where in this latter group. So watch the fun and see who gets desperate.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like there are a decent amount of probable solid average potential players available in RDs 2-4 and rotational/situational/Backup /developmental types RDs 5-7.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Really hoping for a good DL or OL to fall to 33. Lawrence or Ford would be awesome.

I really think one of these 5 will still be there:
D. Lawrence,
Cody Ford
Jerry Tillery
Dre'mont Jones
Jeffrey Simmons

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The QB situations and what happens with Murray and Haskins and if there is a panic run by some QB needy teams after the big two are off the board Daniel Jones and Lock could be late Rd 1 picks .No telling at this point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Really hoping for a good DL or OL to fall to 33. Lawrence or Ford would be awesome.

I really think one of these 5 will still be there:
D. Lawrence,
Cody Ford
Jerry Tillery
Dre'mont Jones
Jeffrey Simmons

I think the Cardinals are operating with a need and some home town pressure with Harry. I like Harry but if he's gone in the first, I see OL in the second and Cody Ford would be great. One cannot fix multiple positions in one draft, removed from the QB position requiring just one, and a OL which can grow together would be a great priority since they work as one and then go to the well in round three for OL too... the schematics of a Air Raid offense lends to getting WRs in the later rounds with quickness opposed to the sought after big WRs seen as the number ones in a traditional offense

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The funny thing is every 'mock' draft I've seen in my life hasn't be wrong....they've all been 99.9% wrong.

D line will be heavy at the top

There will be a QB or 2 taken in the 1st no one saw....that always happens

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of N'Keal. Unless someone can promise me that he is the 2nd coming of Anquan, I would much rather have a Paris Campbell type guy.

Runs the Air Raid mesh concepts and screen games as good as anyone not related to Antonio Brown in this draft class. And he can absolutely fly.

I also think we could move backwards 5 to 10 spots and still get him in this draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of N'Keal. Unless someone can promise me that he is the 2nd coming of Anquan, I would much rather have a Paris Campbell type guy.

Runs the Air Raid mesh concepts and screen games as good as anyone not related to Antonio Brown in this draft class. And he can absolutely fly.

I also think we could move backwards 5 to 10 spots and still get him in this draft.

Harry is really good with the ball in his hands. The problem I have with guys like Paris Campbell is the way he was used in college didn't require a lot from him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The funny thing is every 'mock' draft I've seen in my life hasn't be wrong....they've all been 99.9% wrong.

D line will be heavy at the top

There will be a QB or 2 taken in the 1st no one saw....that always happens
Agreed. Drew Lock and Daniel Jones will get a few people fired IMO. Jake Locker & Blaine Gabbert are calling!!!

D Line will dominate this draft and probably set many records. There are probably a ton of good one who will go in the 2nd for no good reason other than there were a ton of guys of similar value all around them.

God please make Dexter Lawrence one of them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Given Kyler Murray at #1, the board looks to round out a bit at 33

C - Erik McCoy - Texas A&M
OT/OG - Cody Ford - Oklahoma
OT/OG - Dalton Risner - K State
WR - Marquise Brown - Oklahoma
TE - Noah Fant - Iowa
DL - Jeffery Simmons - Mississippi St.

and that is pretty much it for the Cardinals. No CB will be worth it, especially with Alford's contract. No S or ILB are worth that pick. No RB. And they have so many OGs signed that I have a tough time buying a OG only like Chris Lindstrom. No 3-4 OLBs look very good at that spot either. So, that leaves WR, TE, C, OT and DL.

McCoy is the only C worth moving off of Mason Cole.

Both Ford and Risner are RTs only with an OG option. Gilbert will not stop them from making a move if they like one of these guys.

At WR, you are getting a good player, but other than Brown, you can argue that there are about 10-15 guys who are pretty much the same.

TE - I doubt Fant is there and I don't care for Irv Smith this high nor Sternberger or Knox for that matter.

DL is the need, but Simmons is the only guy who is really a standout.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Given Kyler Murray at #1, the board looks to round out a bit at 33

C - Erik McCoy - Texas A&M
OT/OG - Cody Ford - Oklahoma
OT/OG - Dalton Risner - K State
WR - Marquise Brown - Oklahoma
TE - Noah Fant - Iowa
DL - Jeffery Simmons - Mississippi St.

and that is pretty much it for the Cardinals. No CB will be worth it, especially with Alford's contract. No S or ILB are worth that pick. No RB. And they have so many OGs signed that I have a tough time buying a OG only like Chris Lindstrom. No 3-4 OLBs look very good at that spot either. So, that leaves WR, TE, C, OT and DL.

McCoy is the only C worth moving off of Mason Cole.

Both Ford and Risner are RTs only with an OG option. Gilbert will not stop them from making a move if they like one of these guys.

At WR, you are getting a good player, but other than Brown, you can argue that there are about 10-15 guys who are pretty much the same.

TE - I doubt Fant is there and I don't care for Irv Smith this high nor Sternberger or Knox for that matter.

DL is the need, but Simmons is the only guy who is really a standout.

Gotta go Brown