Brett Kollmann video on Kliff Kingsbury's offense in the NFL

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Interesting for sure it most likely boils down to personal preference for the Cards in that I actually do think that Rosen has a very slight advantage because he is able to talk to KK more than Murray can at the present time but would I be surprised if they went with Murray and I'm sorry to say No I am not for reasons I have stated before to me it basically says the front office just doesn't know What the Hell they are doing

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting for sure it most likely boils down to personal preference for the Cards in that I actually do think that Rosen has a very slight advantage because he is able to talk to KK more than Murray can at the present time but would I be surprised if they went with Murray and I'm sorry to say No I am not for reasons I have stated before to me it basically says the front office just doesn't know What the Hell they are doing
KKs man crush on Murray is probably bigger than any pro Murray fan on this board.. I would be completely shocked if they didn't to be honest. Jmo

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
KKs man crush on Murray is probably bigger than any pro Murray fan on this board.. I would be completely shocked if they didn't to be honest. Jmo
I'm afraid your right but I simply dont see it lasting (Personally) and when it all flames out the Cards will be back to square one as always it seems

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm afraid your right but I simply dont see it lasting (Personally) and when it all flames out the Cards will be back to square one as always it seems
Ahhhh.. let's be glass half full...good vibes and energy. Hippy ****. :mrgreen: I think with MB he has shown he won't tolerate losing. Far cry from his dad...and he showed that this off-season. Imo

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Really informative video. Sounds like JR would be a solid QB in this system. He's smart and aggressive two things that seem critical to success under KK. On a side note after watching this I can't help but hope we take 2 wrs in the first 3 it 4 rounds. Besides Kirk and Fitz we have nothing. Chad Williams hasn't show anything to this point to make any of us think he belongs. Maybe Kevin White can stay healthy and flourish in this system, but that can't be counted on. We need alot of help at this position. .. another reason to keep JR, trade back, and accumulate more picks.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Really informative video. Sounds like JR would be a solid QB in this system. He's smart and aggressive two things that seem critical to success under KK. On a side note after watching this I can't help but hope we take 2 wrs in the first 3 it 4 rounds. Besides Kirk and Fitz we have nothing. Chad Williams hasn't show anything to this point to make any of us think he belongs. Maybe Kevin White can stay healthy and flourish in this system, but that can't be counted on. We need alot of help at this position. .. another reason to keep JR, trade back, and accumulate more picks.
Nor to mention the offensive line which quite frankly is Quite Offensive. Man in a perfect world they would use the entire draft in that Offensive line

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Wow...great video.

Makes me even more excited that we hired KK. The Cardinals are attempting to get all the way out in front of something big. Kudos either way.

The crazy thing about this whole Murray vs Rosen speculation, I can easily justify the Cardinals making either choice.

I still hope we keep Rosen and get Bosa or Q.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to come down to which quarterback can read the field the quickest and make the right throws.

A lot of the job is who can mentally adapt so this may determine whether the Cardinals choose Rosen or Murray.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Great video, thanks for sharing. Kind of blows the whole need for a running QB or the whole Rosen can’t run this system argument.

Personally would rather keep Rosen and build the rest of the team but if in 2 years we are one of the most entertaining offenses in football like the guy is speculating it will be fun nonetheless.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, i watched this video this morning and was going to post it when I got back from Payson.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
It seems to come down to which quarterback can read the field the quickest and make the right throws.

A lot of the job is who can mentally adapt so this may determine whether the Cardinals choose Rosen or Murray.
I wonder how are recently signed Brett Hundley would fare under KK's system? Maybe they think he could thrive under it too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how are recently signed Brett Hundley would fare under KK's system? Maybe they think he could thrive under it too.

I think Hundley will be fine as a backup quarterback and he is mobile which should help.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Hundley will be fine as a backup quarterback and he is mobile which should help.

According to this video, mobile isnt really relevant. It is the ability to digest the offense and adjust on the fly.

My biggest takeaway fromt he video is that a cerebral QB is the most important facet and that is Rosen IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to this video, mobile isnt really relevant. It is the ability to digest the offense and adjust on the fly.

My biggest takeaway fromt he video is that a cerebral QB is the most important facet and that is Rosen IMO.

The quarterback needs to make a quick read with two receivers running out patterns and two receivers crossing over the middle as part of the base package.

Still being mobile can buy yards when things break down so it's relevant when evaluating any quarterback. It's just not the primary criteria in this offense.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I really believe they'll trade back, if no legit offer for the #1 then the 2nd rounder. Interesting you mention White. There"s a couple UWV receivers coming out this year, that maybe could be had later in the draft as could Wesley from Tx. Tech.
Pair one of them with a 2nd-3rd round WR would be a good haul. TE in the 4th and now we're talking Air Raid.

Sherfield has shown good promise btw and could take another step. Haven't given up yet on Williams. He could take a step up under KK and a better offense and OL.

Last edited:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great post. I'm a big fan of Kollman and always nice to hear an unbiased from the outside!

One thing I learned from this is we should be adding WR that are smart, reliable and precise route runners. I think that having multiple good WR more important than a true #1.

Although I am a fan of DK Metcalf, I don't think his strengths are a match. Deebo, Riley Ridley, JJ A-W, Renfroe, AJ Brown would be great fits. Larry would've been incredible in his prime!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Great video, thanks for sharing. Kind of blows the whole need for a running QB or the whole Rosen can’t run this system argument.

Personally would rather keep Rosen and build the rest of the team but if in 2 years we are one of the most entertaining offenses in football like the guy is speculating it will be fun nonetheless.

Maybe even draft a tight end. Kliff Kingsbury has run numerous different types of schemes and has moved the ball with the pieces he has had. That is why the Kyler Murray talk is so confusing. But if he really want’s Murray and Bidwill sings off, that’s on them. But the “Air Raid” only nonsense is just talk.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What this video shows me is that to make this offense work, we need a myriad of quick WRs and the point of a big WR does not hold much importance in regards to what this offense tries to accomplish. Kirk actually fits the premier mold to a 'T' but also makes me think guys like Renfrow out of Clemson or Penny Hart out of Georgia State taken later might be just as viable as your traditional big playmaker in the first. If this team insists on Murray, then draft him first but look towards any remaining blue chip defensive guys which might fall into the second and then go OL till the fifth round and fill your WRs there

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
ESPNU has Tx Tech Vs West Virginia on right now, watching it should be a good idea of how our offense could look (from both teams since they run a similar offense).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave