Draft scenario with the Raiders?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Jon Gruden does indeed really like Kyler Murray as some have said, he could very well draft him at #4? Some have said he isn't as high on David Carr as many people think & is very intrigued by Murray's potential. This will only happen if the cardinals do indeed make the #1 pick without a trade & pass on Murray? Let's say hypothetically we do take Nick Bosa, then Williams goes to the 49ers & Josh Allen goes to the Jets at #3, or visa versa? The Raiders then take Murray at #4 but keep their #24 & #27 picks. They do indeed need an edge rusher after trading Mack last season. They could take either of these 3 depending on who's left? Clelin Ferrell (Clemson) Montez Sweat (Miss. St) or Brian Burns (Fla. St) with either of those picks. I guess a lot of it depends on if they really believe our smokescreen & if they really want Murray?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I think that’s what may happen. I could see them making that selection at 4 if he falls in their lap , but no way losing picks to select him at 1. Way too many other needs.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that’s what may happen. I could see them making that selection at 4 if he falls in their lap , but no way losing picks to select him at 1. Way too many other needs.
I agree, we have a lot of team needs also, if they do make a trade I hope it's with us so we can acquire another 1st round pick?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If NYG are interested in him (they are working him out soon) then that might force Gruden's hand to jump to #1 because NYJ could be in talks with NYG about #3.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
If Jon Gruden does indeed really like Kyler Murray as some have said, he could very well draft him at #4? Some have said he isn't as high on David Carr as many people think & is very intrigued by Murray's potential. This will only happen if the cardinals do indeed make the #1 pick without a trade & pass on Murray? Let's say hypothetically we do take Nick Bosa, then Williams goes to the 49ers & Josh Allen goes to the Jets at #3, or visa versa? The Raiders then take Murray at #4 but keep their #24 & #27 picks. They do indeed need an edge rusher after trading Mack last season. They could take either of these 3 depending on who's left? Clelin Ferrell (Clemson) Montez Sweat (Miss. St) or Brian Burns (Fla. St) with either of those picks. I guess a lot of it depends on if they really believe our smokescreen & if they really want Murray?

If the Raiders love KM, they'll trade up to get him rather than risk somebody else doing so.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Raiders love KM, they'll trade up to get him rather than risk somebody else doing so.
This. Which, would then cost them a fortune that I don't think mayock will WANT to spend. But who knows how that show is really run over there. Could happen if the Cards really are smokescreening all this.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They won't have to if they believe the cardinals aren't drafting him. No other team is gonna trade up for him imo. Only teams remotely interested in using a high pick on him would be us & the Raiders, all the others teams will just wait for him to fall in their lap without giving up picks to trade up for him.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But they do have the most draft capital to trade with.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They won't have to if they believe the cardinals aren't drafting him. No other team is gonna trade up for him imo. Only teams remotely interested in using a high pick on him would be us & the Raiders, all the others teams will just wait for him to fall in their lap without giving up picks to trade up for him.
Giants or Skins could swap with Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Giants or Skins could swap with Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
true, but imo, I wouldn't think either the giants or skins would be interested in a 5'8" QB? Gruden supposedly loves him & the Murray connection to the cardinals is obvious. We shall see in 13 days lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose