Conservatism bit us in the butt.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To state the obvious, last year was a
disaster. I feel like we lacked urgency in so many ways and we’re content to play it safe more often than not.

To start, the organization took its sweet time in the off-season looking for a new HC and ended up being the last team to make a hire. We settled for Wilks (A far departure from the “no risk it no biscuit” B.A.)

After an embarrassing D.U.I., Keim’s major free agent signings were the following injury prone players:

-Sam Bradford
-Andre Smith
-Justin Pugh

With so many holes on the roster I thought we would have been more aggressive. This conservative culture even trickled down to the play calling (remember how we lost that home game to Seattle?)

To Keim’s credit, so far I feel like he has held true to his statement of coming out “swinging like hell.” He seems to have finally woken up and is operating as if his job is on the line.

It began when we finally made some positive roster additions at the end of the season in Pharoah Cooper & DJ Swearinger.

The following week he fired Wilks on black Monday...

Then he quickly hired a HC before many other teams. Rather than playing it safe, he choose to make an unconventional hire by bringing a college coach onboard...who happened to have a career losing record.

Despite all the criticism at the hire I appreciate Keim’s urgency and conviction.

The free agent additions of Suggs, Hicks, & Philon alone have me a 1,000 more times excited than last years free agent signings.

I’d even love to see a pre-camp trade that continues to bolster our roster.

My hope is he will complete this offseason of risk taking by giving his new HC the perfect qb by drafting Kyler Murray (despite the fact that we took a 1st rd qb last year and no team has drafted back to back qbs in the 1st rd in decades).

Keim, drown out the critics and push all your chips to the middle. Go big or go home big guy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
disaster. I feel like we lacked urgency in so many ways and we’re content to play it safe more often than not.

To start, the organization took its sweet time in the off-season looking for a new HC and ended up being the last team to make a hire. We settled for Wilks (A far departure from the “no risk it no biscuit” B.A.)

After an embarrassing D.U.I., Keim’s major free agent signings were the following injury prone players:

-Sam Bradford
-Andre Smith
-Justin Pugh

With so many holes on the roster I thought we would have been more aggressive. This conservative culture even trickled down to the play calling (remember how we lost that home game to Seattle?)

To Keim’s credit, so far I feel like he has held true to his statement of coming out “swinging like hell.” He seems to have finally woken up and is operating as if his job is on the line.

It began when we finally made some positive roster additions at the end of the season in Pharoah Cooper & DJ Swearinger.

Then he quickly hired a HC before many other teams. Rather than playing it safe, he choose to make an unconventional hire by bringing a college coach onboard...who happened to have a career losing record.

Despite all the criticism at the hire I appreciate Keim’s urgency and conviction.

The free agent additions of Suggs, Hicks, & Philon alone have me a 1,000 more times excited than last years free agent signings.

My hope is he will complete this offseason of risk taking by giving his new HC the perfect qb by drafting Kyler Murray (despite the fact that we took a 1st rd qb last year and no team has drafted back to back qbs in the 1st rd in decades).

Keim, drown out the critics and push all your chips to the middle. Go big or go home big guy.

He has to get the QB right. That's what gets a GM fired ultimately or allows him to keep his job. It's just one chip on the table and a very valuable one because Murray has to be a world beater if selected if Rosen moves on and is a legit starter... because he gave up time and draft capital to acquire him :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has to get the QB right. That's what gets a GM fired ultimately or allows him to keep his job. It's just one chip on the table and a very valuable one because Murray has to be a world beater if selected if Rosen moves on and is a legit starter... because he gave up time and draft capital to acquire him :)

Not a draft capital, plus Rosen did an amazing job putting us in condition to get the first overall pick
We got something back

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not a draft capital, plus Rosen did an amazing job putting us in condition to get the first overall pick
We got something back

that is a extremely foolish and narrow minded incorrect point of view.Blaming the whole mess on Rosen is flat out wrong.Showing your agenda are you.Sure Rosen had a rough rookie season...most rookie QBs do.If you think wonderboy Murray is going to come in and light up the league then you will be sadly disappointed.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

-Sam Bradford
-Andre Smith
-Justin Pugh

Was with you up to: 'My hope....'

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that is a extremely foolish and narrow minded incorrect point of view.Blaming the whole mess on Rosen is flat out wrong.Showing your agenda are you.Sure Rosen had a rough rookie season...most rookie QBs do.If you think wonderboy Murray is going to come in and light up the league then you will be sadly disappointed.
i know and i didnt say he was the main one to blame, but can i say he was bad facing that mess? there are some excuses obviously but in the end of the day let me trolling a bit against rosen supporters

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
i know and i didnt say he was the main one to blame, but can i say he was bad facing that mess? there are some excuses obviously but in the end of the day let me trolling a bit against rosen supporters

You rotten dog:cheers:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose