Is Keim a fool by showing his hand so early?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Meow.

Everything at this point is subterfuge. Don't believe anything the brass says, and everything the media tries to invent is total gibberish.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Considering the Cards have never ever had a smoke screen lol, it's Murray to the Cards, they don't do smoke screens we were able to know the Cards were drafting every Keim draft

Hardly, their smoke screen for a few years has been being blunt which most did not believe but I see a change up here with Keim fighting for his job... also, they have often avoided players in the public eye which they end up drafting

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it on another thread and I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Keim and this front office is smart enough for all this to be a smokescreen. In years past, they always seem to show their hand early. When was the last time our #1 pick was a shocker?
I didn't see bucannon coming. Or Rosen.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Kim doesn’t have the guts to do anything risky after last season’s fiasco. It will be Bosa, Williams or an absolute sack of another team with a stupid manager in a trade down

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kim doesn’t have the guts to do anything risky after last season’s fiasco. It will be Bosa, Williams or an absolute sack of another team with a stupid manager in a trade down

So basically what you are saying he needs to be smart which is why he has the job and should act accordingly :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not overrated in what I value and I like the progression of the character Andrei, while Anna Karenina is great as well. Depends on how one appreciates the flow of a book and "The Death of Ivan Ilyrich" is more immediate in that its a much shorter length without a grand scope to comment on society but still delivers the basic themes of Tolstoy's work which "The Kreutzer Sonata" is also excellent in my opinion, but seems to be a more gritty and darker investigation of a character's psyche as in the more personal works of Dostoevsky... of which I really like his novel "The Idiot" :)

Well, sorry football guys, I know we have a book section....

Yes, the two works, and Anna Karenina, are very different and will appeal to different people. I say "The Death of Ivan Ilyich" is the book where Tolstoy makes his most profound insights on the human condition known. He's an older man than the one who wrote War and Peace, and it is noticeable.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
5 weeks before the draft you knew it was Rosen?
Nobody could know. But while Baker and Allen were big risers in the predraft process, Rosen slid. Darnold was highly rated from the start. Everybody knew we needed a QB desperately. Bradford, who couldn't even walk properly the last time he played for the Vikings, on a 1 year deal and Mike Glennon of all people. The Cards leaving the draft without a legit future QB would've resulted in empty seats. We were almost forced to take Rosen, and it was so obvious that even Keim couldn't botch the opportunity.

Rosen didn't slid just because of his personality - which was way overblown - but because of the flaws in his game. Surpassing 60% completion just once in college (62.5%) isn't really good, even in below average circumstances. Too many easy missed throws. He continued this bad habit in the NFL. Again in bad circumstances. But circumstances are hardly ever perfect. Easy throws must be completed no matter the circumstances. If you miss easy throws regularly, you won't surpass 60% completion in the NFL. You can get by if you make many "wow" throws to compensate, but one "wow" throw every other game isn't enough when you miss so many easy ones. There wasn't any competition for Rosen at #10 and Keim rightfully pulled the trigger at a favorable price. His arm talent was just too good to pass up at this point. And of course you must have confidence in your decision to grab a young QB.

All this shouldn't stop us though from selecting Murray 1st overall, if he has a higher grade than Rosen.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Nobody could know. But while Baker and Allen were big risers in the predraft process, Rosen slid. Darnold was highly rated from the start. Everybody knew we needed a QB desperately. Bradford, who couldn't even walk properly the last time he played for the Vikings, on a 1 year deal and Mike Glennon of all people. The Cards leaving the draft without a legit future QB would've resulted in empty seats. We were almost forced to take Rosen, and it was so obvious that even Keim couldn't botch the opportunity.

Rosen didn't slid just because of his personality - which was way overblown - but because of the flaws in his game. Surpassing 60% completion just once in college (62.5%) isn't really good, even in below average circumstances. Too many easy missed throws. He continued this bad habit in the NFL. Again in bad circumstances. But circumstances are hardly ever perfect. Easy throws must be completed no matter the circumstances. If you miss easy throws regularly, you won't surpass 60% completion in the NFL. You can get by if you make many "wow" throws to compensate, but one "wow" throw every other game isn't enough when you miss so many easy ones. There wasn't any competition for Rosen at #10 and Keim rightfully pulled the trigger at a favorable price. His arm talent was just too good to pass up at this point. And of course you must have confidence in your decision to grab a young QB.

All this shouldn't stop us though from selecting Murray 1st overall, if he has a higher grade than Rosen.
The original post said DO NOT TALK ABOUT MURRAY!! BLASPHEMER!! Lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

You point something out...last year it was obvious the Cards needed a QB...the only unknown was which of the big 4 it would be. This year, the Cards do not need a QB...but there is a QB available that might be a better fit (obviously debatable)
This, IMO, makes it more unpredictable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk