Is Keim a fool by showing his hand so early?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please note this thread has NOTHING to do with Murray...so it'll be interesting to see those that can't read and start going off on Murray...

Everything has pointed to the Cardinals taking Murray at 1. It appears that Keim has shown his hand. The most obvious being yesterday was Alabama's pro day. Every GM in the NFL was there except 1...KEIM...who was meeting with Murray.

Again this thread has NOTHING to do with Murray as the pick

The question is....Is Keim a fool by showing his hand so early?

If the Cards do not pick Murray I'll be on record saying it was the best smoke screen I'd ever seen....but as it stands right now...the pick is in and the 49ers are on the clock.

Enjoy reading the posts and all those who can't read nor stay on topic...Studies have been done that show that over 75% of people commenting on anything never read the article at all...only read the headline.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think yesterday means what you think it means. And it's hard to take this seriously when you say:

Please note this thread has NOTHING to do with Murray...so it'll be interesting to see those that can't read and start going off on Murray...

but, then you say...

If the Cards do not pick Murray I'll be on record saying it was the best smoke screen I'd ever seen....but as it stands right now...the pick is in and the 49ers are on the clock.

So, it took you just six sentences to break the parameters you have set for everyone else. My advice, trash this thread and try again.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

Everything has pointed to the Cardinals taking Murray at 1. It appears that Keim has shown his hand. The most obvious being yesterday was Alabama's pro day. Every GM in the NFL was there except 1...KEIM...who was meeting with Murray.

Enjoy reading the posts and all those who can't read nor stay on topic...Studies have been done that show that over 75% of people commenting on anything never read the article at all...only read the headline.

You spend most of your post going on and on about Murray and then slam everyone else preemptively if they reply to your post which was all about Murray.

Garbage thread.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How has he shown his hand? The media is the one running with the Murray story, not Keim. They've made statements, such as Rosen is the QB "right now" and that they'd listen to overtures about the #1 pick. From my vantage point, he's cast serious doubt on who AZ will be taking or what they plan to do.

This time last season, Sam Darnold was the consensus #1 pick and no one knew that they had targeted Mayfield until draft day.

Advice: put blinders on and pay attention to what the AZ brass says, not the media.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
BS. Right now there is zero indication we are selecting Murray... in fact, looking at the makeup of our team it looks more like Q Williams will be the pick. I wouldnt get to excited about the pro day absence... the cards often pull in lots of guys they never intend to draft and miss pro days of guys they select in the top three rounds. Nobody needs a pro day to see Q Williams, there is the combine and plenty of tape.
the only indication we are seeing that murray is the pick is made up media hype based on an old interview with our rookie coach... the rest is all pipe smoking by wayward fans... those fans need to spit out murrays pipe and look at the team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if the thread has nothing to do with selecting Murray, but then you talk about them interviewing Murray and then claim Keim has already shown his hand.... your whole thread is about murray. I don't think Keim has shown his hand, I don't believe we are drafting Murray and I think every team out there knows we could go Murray, haskins, bosa, allen or Williams at this point and if they really, really want that player, they wont be able to wait around and hope.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Or Keim is really good at playing mind games and is driving up the value of the 1st overall pick, having his eyes set on Bosa or Quinnen for quite some time already. If an offer is blowing him away because one team totally falls in love with Murray, Keim can get a huge haul. In case the Raiders trade up from #4, a blue chip defensive prospect would still fall to us.

I'm tending toward drafting Murray at #1. But I don't think any talk right now can be taken seriously. Cards FO for sure isn't messing around with that pick. If Murray is the choice, they can do all what they want. Nobody can jump in front of us. If not, they are creating a favorable market to cash in.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really think Keim has shown his hand.

They are going to have meetings with all the top prospects. They are not taking calls about Rosen. They have said nothing about picking anyone at this point.

While I do think they are leaning one way or another at this point, I don't think the final decision has been made yet.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't believe Keim has shown anything either. Approaching the draft nobody believed it had a QB worth taking toward the top of the draft. Now the media has manufactured a scenario for Murray. Don't believe any team needing a QB is fooled so not expecting a big offer for the top spot. Just hoping Keim & Co haven't fallen for this hype.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
if the thread has nothing to do with selecting Murray, but then you talk about them interviewing Murray and then claim Keim has already shown his hand.... your whole thread is about murray. I don't think Keim has shown his hand, I don't believe we are drafting Murray and I think every team out there knows we could go Murray, haskins, bosa, allen or Williams at this point and if they really, really want that player, they wont be able to wait around and hope.
A very simple question does anyone know who they talked too yesterday would it not be some other players on the Oline for instance or wide receiver I think Oklahoma has a quiet a few NFL ready players that will be drafted

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

They didn’t go to Murray’s Proday either.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pay attention. I’m pretty sure Keim & Bidwill don’t do pro days! They prefer the individual meetings instead

Yes, I dont even remember a pro day attented by keim
Imo is the right choice, at pro days mostly of the high rated players stuck with combine numbers and probably they have not much time to go in deep talks with the players, pro days is something for scout personnel

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
It's the local sports media that keep drumming up the Rosen trade rumors. They're saying Keim doesn't need to shop Rosen, offers will flow in. One might stick. They keep reporting that NE is interested and that they have the #32 pick and alot of others. The bidding starts there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I have read War and Peace three times so reading is not a problem for me... and yes your comment has something to do with Murray because you are talking about drafting him

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Keim is putting out a smokescreen good enough to fool practically all media that be pretty epic. But doubt we will ever know what their true intentions are right now no matter what the outcomes are come draft day.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I've said it on another thread and I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Keim and this front office is smart enough for all this to be a smokescreen. In years past, they always seem to show their hand early. When was the last time our #1 pick was a shocker?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Overrated. The only Tolstoy book I would say requires multiple reads, and is well worth it, is "The Death of Ivan Ilyich".

Not overrated in what I value and I like the progression of the character Andrei, while Anna Karenina is great as well. Depends on how one appreciates the flow of a book and "The Death of Ivan Ilyrich" is more immediate in that its a much shorter length without a grand scope to comment on society but still delivers the basic themes of Tolstoy's work which "The Kreutzer Sonata" is also excellent in my opinion, but seems to be a more gritty and darker investigation of a character's psyche as in the more personal works of Dostoevsky... of which I really like his novel "The Idiot" :)

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Considering the Cards have never ever had a smoke screen lol, it's Murray to the Cards, they don't do smoke screens we were able to know the Cards were drafting every Keim draft

Last edited:

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score

This isn't about Murray.

Ignore the fact that I mention Murray in every alternating sentence.

Murray

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave