2019 Arizona Diamondbacks transactions

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Heres an interesting take on the Dbacks from ESPN. They finished 14 in attendance last year.

Not bad.

Arizona Diamondbacks: Who is Merrill Kelly? The D-backs are hoping to pull off a coup with Kelly, similar to what the Cardinals did last year when they plucked Miles Mikolas out of Japan. Kelly, a former Rays farmhand, spent the past four seasons pitching in Korea, and he will get a crack at replacing Patrick Corbin in the rotation.

Level of excitement: 2. The franchise icon is gone. Corbin is gone. A.J. Pollock signed with a division rival. I'd say this will affect attendance, but the Diamondbacks seem to draw 2 million to 2.2 million no matter how good or bad the team plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks)
3/19/19, 2:50 PM
The #Dbacks have optioned INF/OF Tim Locastro to the Triple-A Reno ⁦‪@Aces‬⁩ and reassigned the following players to Minor League camp:

OF Abraham Almonte
RHP Stefan Crichton
RHP Rubby De La Rosa
RHP Ricky Nolasco
RHP Braden Shipley
INF/OF Yasmany Tomás
INF Kelby Tomlinson

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks)
3/19/19, 2:50 PM
The #Dbacks have optioned INF/OF Tim Locastro to the Triple-A Reno ⁦‪@Aces‬⁩ and reassigned the following players to Minor League camp:

OF Abraham Almonte
RHP Stefan Crichton
RHP Rubby De La Rosa
RHP Ricky Nolasco
RHP Braden Shipley
INF/OF Yasmany Tomás
INF Kelby Tomlinson
'Glad to see Tomás sent down. I didn't want to see him in the running for platoon 1B instead of Walker.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
'Glad to see Tomás sent down. I didn't want to see him in the running for platoon 1B instead of Walker.
Yeah I’m glad they aren’t trying to wedge him in because of the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On the plus side, this forces Torey Lovullo's hand. He now has no choice but to play Christian Walker every day.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
On the plus side, this forces Torey Lovullo's hand. He now has no choice but to play Christian Walker every day.
Unless he keeps taking him out with double switches so he can close with Escobar at 1B. That has made no sense.

I can understand, to some degree, not giving the position to Walker at the end of Spring Training. Following Goldy directly would have put unnecessary pressure on Christian.

Just as the Pirates when Roberto Clemente lost his life in the plane crash. They moved his best friend, Catcher Manny Sanguillen, to RF rather than someone with predominantly Minor League experience. Sanguillen was ultimately moved back to Catcher and RF was open to grabs.

Now that Lamb has been the buffer (no matter how short the time), 1B should clearly be Walker's to settle in to. Because he is our only natural 1B and he has been our best hitter this year, through Spring Training and the start of the season.

And hopefully, when Lamb returns, 1B should not be considered. Despite Torey's short-term approach to setting the lineup, which disrupts team chemistry.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm done with Lamb dude gets injured every other game
I questioned in a previous post if he was not diligent in (things like stretching exercises) while sitting vs. left-handers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson