Where I’d Take Them

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know many will disagree on my placement but that’s how talent evaluation works. This is a tough year. Take Ya-Sin a CB who I’ve had scouts place him late 1 to early 2 while others tell me day 3. This is not where I think people will go with these picks, it’s where I would take them. It’s certainly fine to disagree but please tell me why you differ. I’ll tell you why I put them where I did. They are in order of preference by pick number but of course the later picks will be impacted by previous choices. Of course if someone I like at 33 is still there at 65 they’d be my first choice. I know I’ve picked a bunch of WRs, but if there’s a position needing depth, that’s it. Also this draft will see a ton taken with these pass happy NFL offenses. If you wonder why I elevated Sutton Smith to the top at 139, I expect him to be the top special teams player in this draft. The Cards have to improve special teams!

Risner OL KSU
Dillard OT WSU
Harmon WR NCSt
Arcega-Whiteside WR Stan
Brown WR MS
Harry WR ASU

Lindstrom G BC
Simmons DT MSU
Tauaefa LB UTSA
Ya-Sin CB Temple
Wilkins DL Clemson

Cajuste OL WVU
Campbell WR OSU
Hall WR MO
Scharping OT NIU
Saunders DL WIU
Long CB MICH
Hodge LB BUFF
Hampton S RUT
Howard OT ALSt

Smith S/LB NIU
Hart WR/KR GASt
Edoga OT USC
Edwards LB WISC
Boykin WR ND

174 & 179
Moreland CB JMad
Ramsey S ALSt
Morgan WR NEB
I Johnson CB HOU

248 & 249 & 254
Tears WR NIU
Wesley WR TxTech
J Smith WR LOU
Butler WR NAU
Betts DE Laval

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Harry!

Brown WR MS or
Harry WR ASU

Lindstrom G BC

Cajuste OL WVU

Boykin WR ND

Would take that group in a heartbeat.

Add in Q or Bosa at #1 and a TE after 139.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff Harry, need some time to analyze the guys and choices.
I do like the WRs that you have picked. I agree that the Cards need them especially since there really weren't many good ones in free agency.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Harry. Where would you rank wr Andy Issabella? I know he’s small but that little booger seems to be very scrappy and quick.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the second and third rounds are thick with WR and OL, and it makes me sad to think we may only have one pick in each round.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome stuff Harry. You don't have any TE's listed, is that because you think we have much bigger needs?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Thanks Harry. Where would you rank wr Andy Issabella? I know he’s small but that little booger seems to be very scrappy and quick.

If we were picking a track team I’d like him better. He’ll go by round 3 and for everyone of these guys who makes it there’s 3 that don’t. I’d rather take a guy like Butler late in the draft but who fills a similar role. I just don’t think the Cards can afford third round risks. I think he’s a good player but tends to body catch often which is very hard to do in the NFL. Many of these guys fail because they can’t take the physicality.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Miles Boykin a bit better than you do I guess... I expect him to go in the third or fourth round . I would take him at 103 if he is there....dude has talent, skills, and pizazz

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry what are your thought on WR Jalen Hurd?

You guys don’t make it easy. He may just have scratched the surface on his already impressive ability. His concussion problems at UT concern me. He’s also very raw and it’s already hard for first year WRs to contribute. He’s a poor route runner so a complex offense may also make it harder for him to shine. This is another risk the Cards likely won’t take but if things break right someone might win big with him.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys don’t make it easy. He may just have scratched the surface on his already impressive ability. His concussion problems at UT concern me. He’s also very raw and it’s already hard for first year WRs to contribute. He’s a poor route runner so a complex offense may also make it harder for him to shine. This is another risk the Cards likely won’t take but if things break right someone might win big with him.
Yea I’m not sure why he continues to miss opportunities. Was going to play in Sr bowl but couldn’t after what was thought to be a minor knee procedure. Then he was going to be at combine but couldn’t make that either. Baylor Pro day is last opportunity. Hope he can make it. Freak athlete, hard worker but your points re little experience at the position are valid. Kingsbury coached against him in his last game before being fired so he might have an opinion that could lead to a late round flyer. Be interested to see if and where he is drafted.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Would you take JJ over N'Keal at 33? I think they will both be great, but N'Keal is more of a gamebreaker to me

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Would you take JJ over N'Keal at 33? I think they will both be great, but N'Keal is more of a gamebreaker to me

I know you are asking Harry, but Arcega-Whiteside looks like Michael Floyd to me, and I dont mean that in a good way.

Both seem really stiff, not flexible fluid athletes. I think AW has a very limited upside.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm an old fart like you except older :D. It's nice to see you back and heavily involved on the Board and especially with the Draft which is your expertise. We really respect your opinions and insights, thanks so much for your postings. One final question: Should the Cards daft Murray???

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The good ones will go early. Until I see this offense I’m not certain which tight end fits. Small pool, very top heavy.
Totally agree Harry.

As I’ve stated before on other threads the only TE that ever was a factor in K2’s offense was Amaro & he was flexed out as a WR the majority of the time. The last 2 years there wasn’t even a TE on the Tech roster & he generally has used bigger WRs when needed in blocking.

I know the NFL game is different, but I personally wouldn’t use anything but possibly a late rounder on a TE for the reasons above

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, I'd love to draft Wilkins with our 65th pick, but almost every pundit that I've read has him going long before that. Hope you're right and they are wrong.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I know many will disagree on my placement but that’s how talent evaluation works. This is a tough year. Take Ya-Sin a CB who I’ve had scouts place him late 1 to early 2 while others tell me day 3. This is not where I think people will go with these picks, it’s where I would take them. It’s certainly fine to disagree but please tell me why you differ. I’ll tell you why I put them where I did. They are in order of preference by pick number but of course the later picks will be impacted by previous choices. Of course if someone I like at 33 is still there at 65 they’d be my first choice. I know I’ve picked a bunch of WRs, but if there’s a position needing depth, that’s it. Also this draft will see a ton taken with these pass happy NFL offenses. If you wonder why I elevated Sutton Smith to the top at 139, I expect him to be the top special teams player in this draft. The Cards have to improve special teams!

Risner OL KSU
Dillard OT WSU
Harmon WR NCSt
Arcega-Whiteside WR Stan
Brown WR MS
Harry WR ASU

Lindstrom G BC
Simmons DT MSU
Tauaefa LB UTSA
Ya-Sin CB Temple
Wilkins DL Clemson

Cajuste OL WVU
Campbell WR OSU
Hall WR MO
Scharping OT NIU
Saunders DL WIU
Long CB MICH
Hodge LB BUFF
Hampton S RUT
Howard OT ALSt

Smith S/LB NIU
Hart WR/KR GASt
Edoga OT USC
Edwards LB WISC
Boykin WR ND

174 & 179
Moreland CB JMad
Ramsey S ALSt
Morgan WR NEB
I Johnson CB HOU

248 & 249 & 254
Tears WR NIU
Wesley WR TxTech
J Smith WR LOU
Butler WR NAU
Betts DE Laval

I think that is a good list. Amazing how much the underwear Olympics affects the draft order, but that is what a lot of the rankings looked like before the combine.

Couple of those guys moved up because of their combine, but again, I agree with these rankings.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Harry, I'd love to draft Wilkins with our 65th pick, but almost every pundit that I've read has him going long before that. Hope you're right and they are wrong.

I think that means Harry is as high on Wilkins as most people.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were picking a track team I’d like him better. He’ll go by round 3 and for everyone of these guys who makes it there’s 3 that don’t. I’d rather take a guy like Butler late in the draft but who fills a similar role. I just don’t think the Cards can afford third round risks. I think he’s a good player but tends to body catch often which is very hard to do in the NFL. Many of these guys fail because they can’t take the physicality.
Thanks Harry. That one was easy. Now for a hard one....should we draft Murray? Lol!

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

Yes. I think JJ has more upside. He’s the best at 50-50 balls in this group which is critical with a young QB. He could improve dramatically with better route running. I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if the took N’Keal, but he seems like he may be better in the slot.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry you gotta have a few TE's somewhere. ?

The problem is I don’t see any I like after 33 that will last until the third pick. If they trade down for extra picks that might change.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose