Markus Golden to the Giants

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Surprised there wasn’t a thread for this already. This seemed inevitable with Suggs, Reed, and maybe Bosa jumping onboard.

Good luck to him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great guy... but damaged goods unfortunately.

Wish him nothing but the best!

Damaged goods? 1 ACL TEAR in today’s world is hardly damaged goods.... Most players aren’t at their full 100% till their 2nd year. This will be his 2nd post injury.

Todd Gurley, Frank Gore and a plethora of other players have had ACLs and some multiple years and still come back to be very productive...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Damaged goods? 1 ACL TEAR in today’s world is hardly damaged goods.... Most players aren’t at there full 100% till their 2nd year. This will be his 2nd post injury.

Todd Gurley, Frank Gore and a plethora of other players have had ACLs and some multiple years and still come back to be very productive...

For sure. But the Cards obviously have their doubts about his ability to come back and be the guy he was pre-Injury. I’m no doc and I haven’t examined him... But the Cards were apparently quite convinced. Doesn’t mean he can’t prove them wrong... And I hope he does!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really, really rooting for him to become a homegrown, talented keeper of an edge rusher. He was on pace until that injury and unfortunately, it stopped there. He should be fully healthy now, I hope he has a great year and gets paid. Real humble guy with a lot of passion for the game. Always stayed and did interviews even in the worst of times.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Damaged goods? 1 ACL TEAR in today’s world is hardly damaged goods.... Most players aren’t at there full 100% till their 2nd year. This will be his 2nd post injury.

Keim LOVES chronically injured players as long as they are from other teams. But jettisons Golden fir one bad year when the team stupidly switch to a 4-3...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim LOVES chronically injured players as long as they are from other teams. But jettisons Golden fir one bad year when the team stupidly switch to a 4-3...
An injury year and a bad year.

Id like to have had him back and he didn't get a payday so it would have been worth it to have him and suggs rotating in but maybe he didn't want to be a backup to bosa and jones?

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will miss him, and I heard we were open to having him back, but with Suggs, and possibly Bosa, his smartest move was to play under Bettcher for a year and regain value.

I hope he kills it for them.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is terrible news. The team must have absolutelyzero faith in him returning to his pre-injured status. Terrible move on our part imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys if this were a dude on another team we would all be saying “he’s a one-year wonder!”

He was a pleasant surprise for a year. Got injured. He was already slow for the position, if he’s lost even half a step his days as a significant impact player are done. This is reflected in the deal he got too.

I would’ve liked to keep him on the slim chance he rebounded. But it was just unfortunate that he was a free agent this year. Wish him well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys if this were a dude on another team we would all be saying “he’s a one-year wonder!”

He was a pleasant surprise for a year. Got injured. He was already slow for the position, if he’s lost even half a step his days as a significant impact player are done. This is reflected in the deal he got too.

I would’ve liked to keep him on the slim chance he rebounded. But it was just unfortunate that he was a free agent this year. Wish him well.
"oh great, Keim signs another guy with an injury history that had one good year."

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alex Okafor signed a 3/18M deal with incentives to reach 24M.... I feel like they are both rotational guys with Golden possibly having more upside to be a starter.... What am I missing here (More on the Okafor side)?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He hit a $1M bonus by achieving double digit sacks. Apparently he’s back to full force. Bummer.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I didn’t care about him leaving at the time. Not going the hindsight criticism route on Keim here.

The situation reminded me a bit of what we did with Calvin Pace, who in some sense offers what Golden does... but how much should one pay for solid production because most free agents get more than they are worth