What about the defnsive line?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So far I have not read or seen any rumors involving the Cards with any DLINE guys at all.Makes me think draft will be DLine focus.Anyone seen or read any DLine rumors for the Cards?As of right now the Cards only have
Corey Peters
NKemdiche
Pasoni Tasini
Vincent Valentine
Cameron Malveaux

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have heard nothing about Cardinals EFRA, and RFA, which is weird at this point and time.

Maybe Joseph has other players in mind.

I am REALLY surprise Malik Jackson has not come in for a visit.

Christian Covington got signed today, who I thought was a good fit here......guess not. LOL

Pretty sure Valentine and Tasini are both under contract, BTW

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Kind of hoping Pierre, Gunter and Mayowa return.

Didn`t the Cards just cut Pierre?Unless he takes a cheap salary why would he be back.Cards didn`t even pay his RFA tender IIRC.Whatever the situation Cards need help.NKemdiche likely PUP,Valentine and Pasini untested PS guys,Peters is the only guy with real inside experience.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have heard nothing about Cardinals EFRA, and RFA, which is weird at this point and time.

Christian Covington got signed today, who I thought was a good fit here......guess not. LOL

yeah I figured Cards would at least sign a widebody cheap vet to add to the mix.They still might but like people have said...its been crickets on the DLine.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

The only restricted FA signed was Foster, the only ERFA were Seals-Jones, OG Vujnovich and TE Daniels.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He signed with Philly on Monday, 3-$30 million

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn`t the Cards just cut Pierre?Unless he takes a cheap salary why would he be back.Cards didn`t even pay his RFA tender IIRC.Whatever the situation Cards need help.NKemdiche likely PUP,Valentine and Pasini untested PS guys,Peters is the only guy with real inside experience.
I could be wrong but I think all three I mentioned are just free agents. Haven’t heard anybody knocking down their doors but it is early. Who knows ? This new coaching staff could have done their evaluations and believe they can find players that fit better.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thankfully Gunter hasn't been really rumored to anything so I think he will be back for sure.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Imo this is really tipping the Cards hand on draft day. I think they add 1-2 Dlineman. Plus when it’s all said & done I think we end up signing Peko from the Donkeys & I think he helps defend the run game better than Gunter or Pierre. We were absolutely destroyed in the run game last season!!! Change is needed imo.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imo this is really tipping the Cards hand on draft day. I think they add 1-2 Dlineman. Plus when it’s all said & done I think we end up signing Peko from the Donkeys & I think he helps defend the run game better than Gunter or Pierre. We were absolutely destroyed in the run game last season!!! Change is needed imo.

We still need additional D-ends.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nobody talking about Quinnen Williams.

Who you calling nobody?!! He's my favorite prospects in the last 3 years. Start a new thread and we can chat about his greatness!!

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So far I have not read or seen any rumors involving the Cards with any DLINE guys at all.Makes me think draft will be DLine focus.Anyone seen or read any DLine rumors for the Cards?As of right now the Cards only have
Corey Peters
NKemdiche
Pasoni Tasini
Vincent Valentine
Cameron Malveaux

That is ugly. One solid aging vet and a whole lot of nothing!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sue is avail lol

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Nobody talking about Quinnen Williams.

You are correct.

I am talking about a defensive lineman at #33, tho.

I just cannot get past, picking the best pass rusher available this offseason. That is not to say if Quinnen Williams name is called at #1 that I would be upset.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It is.based on early lack of FA rumors it looks like Cards could be planning to go heavily on defensive guys for front 7.

Agreed.

I have started to dive into the defensive line a little deeper for the draft.

Pick #33 is going to have someone there that, "should not be there".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose