Murray may not run at Pro Day Today (3/13)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
To answer the first question. yeah, I do.

As for Petrino, his offenses have proven to be very good at the college level. Give him a little talent (and no hot women as his assistants) and he moves the ball up and down the field with impunity.

Lamar has never been a good passer. Ever. Josh Allen level passing. Maybe even worse. Skelton/SCUD level passing. People make excuses for QB's like that because of their running ability and physical traits they possess. "Oh.... We can coach him up. His accuracy will improve with better footwork!!!"

It's a total joke. A con-job.

Again, Kyler is not like any of those dudes.

Kyler is the con-job .Buying into the BS that he will come in take the NFl by storm and is transcendent is absolutely nonsense.Not Kyler isn`t like any of those dudes- he a short overhyped small QB riding a media driven frenzy hysteria eaten up by fansboys who refuse to think or admit that KM has obstacles to try and overcome.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kyler is the con-job .Buying into the BS that he will come in take the NFl by storm and is transcendent is absolutely nonsense.Not Kyler isn`t like any of those dudes- he a short overhyped small QB riding a media driven frenzy hysteria eaten up by fansboys who refuse to think or admit that KM has obstacles to try and overcome.
#Facepalm

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry Doctor, I'm starting to think we're in pretty good shape. I'm starting to feel pretty confident that Murray will be holding up an Arizona Cardinals jersey on 04/25.

CW if that's the case I will be totally disgusted and lose all faith and hope in the team that I followed for 50 plus years.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
CW if that's the case I will be totally disgusted and lose all faith and hope in the team that I followed for 50 plus years.
Just noticed your from Crestwood.

I lived in Radcliff, then St. Matthews, then out past brownsboro road east of the Ford plant from 1996 to 2003.

Don't give up hope. We will be fine either way.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed your from Crestwood.

I lived in Radcliff, then St. Matthews, then out past brownsboro road east of the Ford plant from 1996 to 2003.

Don't give up hope. We will be fine either way.

The area by the Ford plant is where I worked for years at KI Lumber there on Collins lane .Moved to Crestwood 1990.We lived in Lyndon before that.Liked the area but Oldham county had a huge building boom that slowed some but the roads still can`t handle the traffic and you likely remember traffic when Ford let out.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The area by the Ford plant is where I worked for years at KI Lumber there on Collins lane .Moved to Crestwood 1990.We lived in Lyndon before that.Liked the area but Oldham county had a huge building boom that slowed some but the roads still can`t handle the traffic and you likely remember traffic when Ford let out.
Wow. Yeah. the plant was always a problem on the outer loop.

I remember when they built that outside shopping area across from the Kroger. man did that screw things up as well!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My last address in KY was 4302 Glenarm Road.

we were practically neighbors for 2 years!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Yeah. the plant was always a problem on the outer loop.

I remember when they built that outside shopping area across from the Kroger. man did that screw things up as well!

There is still more commercial building going up across the tracks from Kroger on LaGrange road behind the industrial park by Ford.Glad I am retired and don`t have to fight the traffic or be stuck behind trains going in and out of Ford with Car carriers.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Hey man, I understand. You believe with your heart and soul that it would be a bad decision. I'm not faulting you for that.

If it happens, I hope that you can get past it quickly. The kid will still be sporting that redbird on the side of his helmet, and they'll be 21 other guys out there that you can cheer for too.

*hit, he might even make some plays that win us some games. That will help a little I bet.

Take care man. Let get some beers someday soon. You me, and the Good Doctor.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
My last address in KY was 4302 Glenarm Road.

we were practically neighbors for 2 years!

Remember the IGA and when there was only the flashing yellow light in Crestwood?We lived 2 streets from the only light in town for a while.Then Crestwood when big city and buildt up like crazy.I think we have 5 stoplights now and a McDonalds (LOL) I remember when it was Dairy Queen or nothing.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hey man, I understand. You believe with your heart and soul that it would be a bad decision. I'm not faulting you for that.

If it happens, I hope that you can get past it quickly. The kid will still be sporting that redbird on the side of his helmet, and they'll be 21 other guys out there that you can cheer for too.

*hit, he might even make some plays that win us some games. That will help a little I bet.

Take care man. Let get some beers someday soon.

I probably would get over it.The Cards are a habit I can`t break.I would cheer for the kid but I feel it would be a bad choice to risk when there are safer less risky options on the table.My nature I guess.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
FWIW, I don’t think people generally hate Kyler Murray, but rather, the idea of drafting him #1 overall. He may very well become a great QB. Who knows? We have a franchise guy in Rosen already, but holes in numerous other positions. Both Rosen and Murray will need refining from their coach, whomever it will be.

There are a number of guys who’re worthy of the #1 pick who could be instant contributors to this team. Murray has numerous red flags, which should be concerning for teams in the first round.

There are others in the Top-10, as well, if the team can trade down (which is Keim’s goal).

I know for certainty that KK took the job with grooming Josh Rosen in mind. Stay the course, take the top guy or trade down and get capital in return.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was definitely not for drafting Kyler Murray and thought it was all smoke and mirrors by the Cardinals. But, after watching more of his game tape, his pro day, and his interview after his pro day ... I have changed my opinion!

Kyler Murray is a generational talent! He will create match-up nightmares for defensive coordinators for years to come and will be able to carry a team on his back if necessary! He has an arm that will allow him to sit in the pocket or chuck it on the run. He has the wheels to breakout and take it to the house! He has the football I.Q. to drive a team to the promised land.

I now believe it would be a huge mistake, and we would regret it for years to come, if we pass on him at number 1!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I was definitely not for drafting Kyler Murray and thought it was all smoke and mirrors by the Cardinals. But, after watching more of his game tape, his pro day, and his interview after his pro day ... I have changed my opinion!

Kyler Murray is a generational talent! He will create match-up nightmares for defensive coordinators for years to come and will be able to carry a team on his back if necessary! He has an arm that will allow him to sit in the pocket or chuck it on the run. He has the wheels to breakout and take it to the house! He has the football I.Q. to drive a team to the promised land.

I now believe it would be a huge mistake, and we would regret it for years to come, if we pass on him at number 1!

To each his own.I feel like it would be a huge mistake to draft him 1.Hoping that he can become a success in the NFl in spite of physical size and thinking his athletic ability will cover for his lack to height/weight is a gamble IMHO.I would prefer the safer choice in Bosa.No player is a 100% surefire guarantee star but in this case I would take the player who has less hurdles to get over.There are those who say "No risk no biscuit" but I say I would rather have some biscuit than chance of no biscuit.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not the point - the point is they can take hits and continue to play without a problem.

Murray is not going to be running the ball 10 times a game. He should not be hit more than 2 or 3 times a game unless something goes wrong.

Really? Rosen gets hit 2 or 3 times in the first offensive series of the game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what about Wentz, Cam, & Watson

All 3 guys that suffered big time injuries the not that long ago, while 2 of them (Wentz/Cam) were still battling injuries the previous season

This myth of “mobile QBs will evade injuries cause they can escape cause mobility” has to stop

Wentz, Cam, and Watson are significantly bigger men than Murray. With that, they're much larger targets & it's harder for them to avoid contact. Furthermore, all three of these guys seem to enjoy getting that extra yard or two. Murray is extremely good at getting down & getting out of bounds.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sure, mate

He's an Andrew Luck mini-me!

Pass it on.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do have concerns that Murray didn't run or even get his height measured again. The only thing I can think of is that he hung upside down for hours to stretch out his spine and gain a 1/4 or 1/2 inch in height and he wasn't feeling stable enough to run. Yeah, that's stretching it :)

An average race horse weights one thousand pounds and they add weights to horses that weigh less to even the playing field, sometimes as little as 5 lbs. Well of 5 lbs can affect a 1000 lb animal which is basically all muscle then 15 to 20 lbs on a 5' 10" really could impact their speed.

If Murray put the extra weight on by working out then those pounds wouldn't slow him down much or at all.

Haven't we all seen college players that wowed us and they sucked in the NFL. Haven't we seen players drafted in the later rounds or even go undrafted who are now HOFers.

Most important position is the QB so if Murray is that much of an upgrade over Rosen then we should make the change. Would suck for Rosen but that's the NFL. Having said that I'm still hoping we don't draft Murray and KK makes good on his promise to make Rosen the QB he said he could when he got the job as the Cardinals HC.
FWIW, I don’t think people generally hate Kyler Murray, but rather, the idea of drafting him #1 overall. He may very well become a great QB. Who knows? We have a franchise guy in Rosen already, but holes in numerous other positions. Both Rosen and Murray will need refining from their coach, whomever it will be.

There are a number of guys who’re worthy of the #1 pick who could be instant contributors to this team. Murray has numerous red flags, which should be concerning for teams in the first round.

There are others in the Top-10, as well, if the team can trade down (which is Keim’s goal).

I know for certainty that KK took the job with grooming Josh Rosen in mind. Stay the course, take the top guy or trade down and get capital in return.

The voice of reason! I would be fine taking him with a lower pick and keeping both he and Rosen on the roster. That would actually be a dream scenario. But we can't risk that #1. We never get it and certainly don't want to see it again next year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So none of the Oklahoma players were remeasured for height at the pro day. That eliminates that whole charade of a “concern” for me. He did what everyone else did.

The sole criticism is not running the 40. It’s not a good look, but I take it with a grain of salt considering that’s not exactly part of his game under scrutiny.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can't assume he is the same speed either, which is why not running creates questions
True but you can see that he ran for 1,001 yards at 7 yards a clip. I don’t think anyone is going to question his ability to pick up yards with his legs or extend plays. You’re surely not going to argue that, are you? That you don’t think he’ll be effective hoofin’ it?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Take care man. Let get some beers someday soon. You me, and the Good Doctor.
If he’s good everyone will be onboard. If he’s not everyone will kill him and the cardinals organization. If he’s middle of the road the Murray threads will be a weekly thing that legends are made of . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave