For the Murray lovers...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can understand why fans are not high on Murray. What I can't understand is how sure they are about it.

The reason I took a step back on Murray is because I questioned some of his throws he made into traffic.

Let's not forget Rosen can be a bust as well.

Personally I do not even think about Rosen when looking at Murray.

When watching Murray last year I keep seeing receivers doing the work. Mainly under thrown balls or really fast receivers being hard to gauge. Either way those throws won’t work at the next level.

Other than his feet I didn’t see anything special. Murray’s slight build is my other concern regardless of his position.

We need another impact player (not a replacement part) is the only thing i’m sure about...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I do not even think about Rosen when looking at Murray.

When watching Murray last year I keep seeing receivers doing the work. Mainly under thrown balls or really fast receivers being hard to gauge. Either way those throws won’t work at the next level.

Other than his feet I didn’t see anything special. Murray’s slight build is my other concern regardless of his position.

We need another impact player (not a replacement part) is the only thing i’m sure about...

This is why I took a step back on Murray because he tends to throw some balls into traffic.

I'm not sold on Rosen but if Murray is not BPA, then the Cardinals should look at improving the rest of the team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I took a step back on Murray because he tends to throw some balls into traffic.

I'm not sold on Rosen but if Murray is not BPA, then the Cardinals should look at improving the rest of the team.

At #1 it’s oretty much a guarantee he’s not BPA

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
At #1 it’s pretty much a guarantee he’s not BPA

Well it depends on how much you value QB compared to the rest of the league. PFF made this point. Mahomes was graded around 8 WAR in 2018. Aaron Donald was around 2 WAR. They said even 4th tier starting QBs around the league can grade out at 2 WAR.

Odds are pretty heavily stacked against any of the pass rushers in this class turning into Aaron Donald. But even if they did, a pretty average performance by Rosen or Murray would have a similar impact on the team's volume of wins. And if you somehow got high level QB performance out of either of them, they are worth a hell of a lot more than an elite pass rusher (or any other player).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it depends on how much you value QB compared to the rest of the league. PFF made this point. Mahomes was graded around 8 WAR in 2018. Aaron Donald was around 2 WAR. They said even 4th tier starting QBs around the league can grade out at 2 WAR.

Odds are pretty heavily stacked against any of the pass rushers in this class turning into Aaron Donald. But even if they did, a pretty average performance by Rosen or Murray would have a similar impact on the team's volume of wins. And if you somehow got high level QB performance out of either of them, they are worth a hell of a lot more than an elite pass rusher (or any other player).

Haskins is a better QB so regardless of position he’s not #1 bpa

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At #1 it’s oretty much a guarantee he’s not BPA

It's looking that way to me.

I was sort of hoping there might be a quarterback worthy of the #1 pick so the Cardinals could protect themselves if Rosen busts.

This board is going to go crazy if the Cardinals draft Murray.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Haskins is a better QB so regardless of position he’s not #1 bpa

I don't buy that. Ohio State has a pretty massive bust rate with QB's, similar to USC. Both of them have so much 5-star talent surrounding their QBs, it's no wonder the guys rarely translate to the league. There are huge risks with Murray for sure. But I know which one Kingsbury would pick and it's not Haskins.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't buy that. Ohio State has a pretty massive bust rate with QB's, similar to USC. Both of them have so much 5-star talent surrounding their QBs, it's no wonder the guys rarely translate to the league. There are huge risks with Murray for sure. But I know which one Kingsbury would pick and it's not Haskins.

Right
Ohio state qb tend to fail at next level
Cardale Jones last one i remember

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Murray had only 5 blocked balls the entire season...the lowest amount of any college qb.

Yeah I heard this stat and it is impressive but when I watch him play he always seems to be very far back from the line, he's never really IN the pocket he's behind it and often he was 7 to 10 yards from his line who wouldn't let defenders get close to him most of the time.

Hard to bat a ball down from 10 yards, it's already well out of reach.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

I think its better odds on one of the passrushers in this draft turning into another Aaron Donald instead of Kyler Murray turning into a game changing QB.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not worried. Right after he measured 5’10” the universe has been turned on his side. Thus the original question. The second question was how the pro- Murray camp feel about Rosen if he wasn’t in this draft. Would they be crowing for Haskins? But if I recall correctly you wouldn’t draft Murray.
I'm worried. It doesn't matter whether the dude is 5-10 or 6-5. If he gets hit hard enough, he's toast. All it takes is a torque to a knee or falling the wrong way onto a wrist.

It's a brutal business. Just get 3-deep in QB's who can make plays and hope at least one of them stays healthy.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"I KNOW Troy Aikmen isn't the answer."
--said after Aikemen's rookie season.
I agree, please be patient and keep making excuses for my terrible play.

Signed Rosens twin,
JP Losman

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray has the shortest arms ever measured in combine history

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members