For the Murray lovers...

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Based on what? Was that a joke? The dude had the highest college passer rating ever. And was almost 10 points better on his comp % than anything Rosen has ever produced in one season. On the same amount of passes!

AND..... He rushed for over a thousand yards on top of all that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
\

So the hell what? Big deal.Do you and your group think that that just because he had good stats in a lousy defensive conference that those will translate to the NFL? He isn`t getting any taller.Dude is going to be a boy among men in the NFL.Still wondering about all those successful 5`10 QB s in the NFL?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would explain why his ball is so powerful. Better torque! :-D

I don't know if Josh will be good or bad..... But I do have a pretty good idea that he wont be a transcendent, game deciding force in this league. THAT type of stuff shows up on tape and in stats even when your line is crap and your WR's are dropping passes.

• He has a poor rating in clean pockets.
  • Has a poor rating under pressure.
  • Poor rating when blitzed.
  • Lowered his eyes as the season wore on as he was under pressure more.
  • Drills balls in to the ground.
  • And has a tendency to sail two to three passes a game.
I dont think he will ever be a top 10 QB in this league.

Will Murray? Who knows...... But I definitely think he has the talent to be much more that Rosen can be.

We have a pretty good idea that Murray won’t be a transcendent anything in the NFL... lol

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
\

So the hell what? Big deal.Do you and your group think that that just because he had good stats in a lousy defensive conference that those will translate to the NFL? He isn`t getting any taller.Dude is going to be a boy among men in the NFL.Still wondering about all those successful 5`10 QB s in the NFL?

Well there’s a 5’10 qb in this division who has already been to a couple Super Bowls...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
\

You said based on what.

I say based on that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m just curious. If Murray would have measured 5’9” would you still be all in? And more interesting if Murray did not enter the draft who would you want the cards to take with the first pick?

43-0 in Texas highest level of high school football
3 State Championships
6 all time records in college football
highest QB rating of all time in college football
All he does is WIN WIN WIN ...and make all his team around him better

and ya'll worried about
his height is absurd ...
college O line and D line are the same height as NFL players....it's not like he can't throw over them.
Doubting his height is the same thing Baker Mayfield, Doug Flutie, Drew Bree's and Russel Willson critics said.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 State Championships

and ya'll worried about
his height is absurd ...

And all that really means absolutely squat. Do you even know how many studs in HS and college go to the NFL AND JUST DISAPPEAR? His height will be an issue.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
And all that really means absolutely squat. Do you even know how many studs in HS and college go to the NFL AND JUST DISAPPEAR? His height will be an issue.

The height is not the main issue to me. The small frame is a bigger problem. Barry Sanders was 5-8 and a lot thicker than Kyler. I posted a photo of Kyler in practice next to Mayfield. Baker looks like a much thicker guy who can take the big hits a lot better than a tiny guy like Kyler.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 State Championships

and ya'll worried about
his height is absurd ...
I’m not worried. Right after he measured 5’10” the universe has been turned on his side. Thus the original question. The second question was how the pro- Murray camp feel about Rosen if he wasn’t in this draft. Would they be crowing for Haskins? But if I recall correctly you wouldn’t draft Murray.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Bingo. The greatest mobile QB talent in Texas playing high school ball was Vince Young (and please nobody out of state try to educate me) and yet he still did not transfer his game from Texas HS ball, from college Texas ball, to the pros... Murray is not even in the same league as Young, so those citing Murray's exploits before becoming a pro does not hold water

Sincerely, a Native Texan

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand why fans are not high on Murray. What I can't understand is how sure they are about it.

The reason I took a step back on Murray is because I questioned some of his throws he made into traffic.

Let's not forget Rosen can be a bust as well.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I can understand why fans are not high on Murray. What I can't understand is how sure they are about it.

The reason I took a step back on Murray is because I questioned some of his throws he made into traffic.

Let's not forget Rosen can be a bust as well.

I think everyone realizes Rosen can be a bust. The Cards front office has invested a lot in Rosen and he is still an unknown product for them at this point.

But if they stick with Rosen and he turns into a bust, maybe they can go after Trevor Lawrence. That seems to be a smarter approach than dumping Rosen after a year and going with a more risky prospect than Lawrence.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone realizes Rosen can be a bust. The Cards front office has invested a lot in Rosen and he is still an unknown product for them at this point.

But if they stick with Rosen and he turns into a bust, maybe they can go after Trevor Lawrence. That seems to be a smarter approach than dumping Rosen after a year and going with a more risky prospect than Lawrence.

I've never been a proponent of trading Rosen right away. I'm not sure who is the best quarterback if the Cardinals decided to draft Murray.

If the Cardinals improve next season they may not get a chance to draft Lawrence or it would take a premium to get him.

Too bad there are not more top rated quarterbacks in this draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave