THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Eh, I've just seen Newcastle screwed too many times, and the lower table teams screwed too many times, to not want VAR. 3 points denied by Wolves, and we would have locked up 3 points (instead of none!) against Man U by going up 3-0, except...good lord...a handball in the box that then careened out for a corner, and a GOAL KICK was given! Three unforgivable ref decisions, just off the top of my head, that would have Newcastle on 31 points already. Bring on the VAR, please lol
you are correct. there is clearly bias. not to get off topic, but Mike Deen is trash. watched him today in spurs match vs. burnley. if you cough you get a caution. and don't bother trying to reason with him you get cautioned for that as well. the next ref behind him has given 20 less bookings???

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Magnificent. Almiron's a revelation. It's a crime he didn't score today, but he got a man sent off with his pace (about time someone else got red carded against us, too!), figured in some goals, and was just cracker jack. This game could easily have been 8-0, what with so many close misses and FOUR good shots off the woodwork. Massive result, and suddenly it looks a decent squad, with all the people coming back from injury. A squad that still needs a lot of additions, but still.
that's good to hear. wish I saw the match.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
you are correct. there is clearly bias. not to get off topic, but Mike Deen is trash. watched him today in spurs match vs. burnley. if you cough you get a caution. and don't bother trying to reason with him you get cautioned for that as well. the next ref behind him has given 20 less bookings???

Man, that's crazy.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What a perfect day of results! Newcastle earned every bit of those 3 points. Ref was complete ass...AGAIN...but this time it ended up in Newcastle's favor. Burnley should have gotten a penalty at the end of the 1st half. 2-1 going into the break would have been a whole different game. I'll take it after all the screw jobs that went against the Mags. Newcastle are still down 4 points to the refs, by my count, if I'm being generous and crediting Burnley with a draw after that call.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a perfect day of results! Newcastle earned every bit of those 3 points. Ref was complete ass...AGAIN...but this time it ended up in Newcastle's favor. Burnley should have gotten a penalty at the end of the 1st half. 2-1 going into the break would have been a whole different game. I'll take it after all the screw jobs that went against the Mags. Newcastle are still down 4 points to the refs, by my count, if I'm being generous and crediting Burnley with a draw after that call.
I'm glad to see Newcastle getting on well. I watched the highlights from the battering they gave to Huddersfield. it was impressive, should have had 5 goals.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
HUGE win earlier today from Brighton (big win from Palace too)... Newcastle on right now in a big one too.

Edit - and within one minute of posting this WHU scores... figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Missed the Newcastle result. I plan to watch the highlights later on. I only watched the N. London Derby yesterday. if we bring back the topic of poor refs. most of the game there were rodeo rules applied and then the refs gave 2 phantom penalties. Next year with VAR Kane's penalty would not be given, but I do wonder about the penalty given to Arsenal because there was minimal contact in comparison to many other fouls not given in the game.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yep, Newcastle came back to earth. No surprise, really. The run was going to come to an end sometime, and they're never very good in London.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What a comeback win! Howay the lads! Newcastle had their tails up the entire 2nd half, and took Everton to the woodshed. That first half, that was ugly. Almost as ugly as Pickford's keeping :biglaugh:

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Good rugby tackle, Pickford! :biglaugh:

Actually, I would have been furious had Newcastle lost, because this foul penalty didn't result in a YELLOW, let alone a red. WTF, Lee Mason? At least Silva was furious about a phantom offside non-call on the winning goal. That's worth another :biglaugh:

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ref Mike Dean must have been disappointed with Ritchie's stunning stoppage-time volley, because it meant his team didn't come away with all 3 points. What a joke of a ref.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ref Mike Dean must have been disappointed with Ritchie's stunning stoppage-time volley, because it meant his team didn't come away with all 3 points. What a joke of a ref.
he's a dalek and everyone knows it. I don't know why he does not suspend himself so that we all can enjoy a match of football.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score

When he reported to the England squad, Pickford talked about how he had made mistakes in the Newcastle/Everton game, and he had to learn from it and mature, meanwhile complaining about the abuse Newcastle fans gave him. Never mind that he was sticking his tongue out at them and, when he went to the tunnel after the game, challenged them to step outside for a fight. He didn't apologize for those parts, the git :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Tough loss against Palace - would have pretty much clinched safety. Hoping for both of our sakes that Cardiff has just enough of a hole they can't climb out of.. winnable games left vs Burnley, Brighton, relegated Fulham and Palace though.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Tough loss against Palace - would have pretty much clinched safety. Hoping for both of our sakes that Cardiff has just enough of a hole they can't climb out of.. winnable games left vs Burnley, Brighton, relegated Fulham and Palace though.

Thankfully I was away and didn't have to watch it. Should still be safe, but I'd like to be sure by now.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Massive result that should see the Mags safe now. Focus on Rafa's contract, please! It could have been more than 1-0--hit the woodwork, late 1st and early 2nd-half attacks--but they didn't seal the deal, making for nervy late minutes.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Big win. Great header from Perez. Man, if he was consistent, I wouldn't want him replaced int he starting XI. Miggy was frustrated, but was playing well. Should be safe now, so now get Rafa's deal done.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Want to know how effed up Newcastle United are under Jabba the Ashley? The team threatens fans with fines and such if they sell their tickets to Liverpool fans...then sells a giant block of corporate boxes to Liverpool fans, which sparked a near riot in the stands. Greedy, hypocritical moron.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Talks that started in optimism on Thursday about Benitez's future at Newcastle have stalled and will drag on into the weekend. Jabba they Ashley said to be personally refusing reasonable transfer funds but, more importantly and more astonishingly, refusing to allow Benitez control of how funds are spent. Dear God, he's saved your Premiership ass TWO seasons in a row, you cockney ****! He knows FAR MORE about soccer than you and your flunkies! Give him the power if not the money. A modest budget and the power to spend what he generates? Benitez will get them into the top 10!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Welp, that's Newcastle relegated. Jabba the Cashley refuses to allow Benitez to make any transfer decisions or buy any players over 26 years old. Refuses to give him money to spend. Benitez MADE him 11.2 million pounds as a coach in the transfer market. What an effing joke this football club is. Thank God I just watch from afar, because I would have to force myself to not renew season tickets if I were over there.

Oh, and the supposed takeover drags on, proving Jabba the Cashley isn't going to sell yet again, but is using his standard stall tactics to not spend any money. The idiot has lost tons of money by relegating the club several times already. I would wonder how this douchebag is a successful businessman, but he's not anymore. He's leaking money by the hundreds of millions these days. What an effing moron.