2018-19 English Premier League

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Big Friday win for Brighton against the Hammers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah it was. I was rooting hard-core for West Ham, only because they had more points that BHA and Newcastle need to stay in touch with teams above them, because they're winless and in the drop zone :(

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Another 3 points for scrappy Brighton! Solidly mid-table now

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The helicopter owned by Leicester chairman crashed after the game on the stadium grounds. Nothing confirmed yet, but doesn't look good.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The helicopter owned by Leicester chairman crashed after the game on the stadium grounds. Nothing confirmed yet, but doesn't look good.

yeah just horrible. I don't know the details but it looked like there was an explosion after the crash. i'm sure we will find out more soon.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I follow Chelsea

I did a study abroad over there in 99 and had one professor who backed ManU and another who was a Chelsea member - he would set us up with tickets.

Those teams had some of the influence from the Italian national teams I liked and they will blue, so it all kind of fit

I'm probably drawn a bit to teams I shouldn't be (like Tottenham) and haven't liked everything Chelsea has run out over the past 20 years, but they have been eventful and fairly easy to follow

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I follow Chelsea

I did a study abroad over there in 99 and had one professor who backed ManU and another who was a Chelsea member - he would set us up with tickets.

Those teams had some of the influence from the Italian national teams I liked and they will blue, so it all kind of fit

I'm probably drawn a bit to teams I shouldn't be (like Tottenham) and haven't liked everything Chelsea has run out over the past 20 years, but they have been eventful and fairly easy to follow
Tottenham have certainly come a long way. People love to bash them when they fall, but their consistent results against big clubs over the last few years speak loudly. There are other big clubs in England who have also not made good on a major trophy in a very long time. Still Spurs need to win a PL or UCL trophy if they are ever going to get equal respect and it would be nice if they open their new stadium before the next decade starts.

Chelsea has been great for a long time...easily the best London club for the last 15 years. they have dominated spurs and Arsenal over that period... especially Tottenham. Spurs have a nice 2 game win streak over them outscoring them 6-2 over that period. The match yesterday was remarkable for me personally. spurs should have scored 6 goals. david luis needs to sit down and kante probably needs to stay back to win the ball against a team like spurs. Chelsea also got screwed out of a penalty early on.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a definite penalty - but Hazard also dove in what should have been a simulation call later on

Don't think that call would have mattered, field was tilted and both Kane and Son easily could have scored 2-3 each

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Arsenal blitzed spurs today. I thought spurs withstood the opening. but spurs defenders were poor today. Vertonghen rightfully put out of his misery and foythe is stringing together forgettable performances. Toby Alderweireld is their best defender and was on the bench resting I gather...Poch too late with his subs. I think he was watching a different match than everyone else. spurs far too lethargic in the 2nd half.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
city's loss to Chelsea last week opens up the table. now Liverpool at the top. city look ok vs. everton today.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Liverpool are starting to flex on the entire league. Spurs and City have been very good, but their losses are haunting them. Huge match on Thursday.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Chelsea signed Christian Pulisic and loaned him back to Dortmund for the rest of the season.
yeah 57 million quid. he's probably going to feature well at Chelsea. wish he wasn't going there, but happy I'll get to see him in the PL for my last few months here.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You'll still be there for the opening of next season, then?
Yeah I'm supposed to leave later in the calendar year, but hoping that gets pushed out longer. I love living in England.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
1-0 to city at the half. hoping city get the 3 points to make the top of the table more thrilling.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Have to say I'm pulling for United tomorrow to beat Liverpool. Interesting results in the UCL last week. United humbled at home by PSG and Liverpool really missed a chance to get results at home vs. Bayern Munich.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Chelsea hit with a two-window transfer ban. Guess they'll be recalling some of those loan players.
I reckon pulisic may get to see the pitch now. they are fools if they don't keep their young players. Chelsea's problem is they keep trying to buy their way to a title and fire their manager every time he needs to go #2 on the toilet. good lord they are crapping the bed. but i'm enjoying watching their demise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I reckon pulisic may get to see the pitch now. they are fools if they don't keep their young players. Chelsea's problem is they keep trying to buy their way to a title and fire their manager every time he needs to go #2 on the toilet. good lord they are crapping the bed. but i'm enjoying watching their demise.

Ooh yeah, great point about Pulisic!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Brighton gets our biggest win of the season, and then Cardiff, Soton and Newcastle all win after, the latter two come from behind. Thanks for nothing bigger clubs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose