Arizona Basketball 2018-2019

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If that’s the case, Heeke needs to be fired immediately because that sort of hack job is incredibly senseless and unethical. Plus, he will never see a dime from one of our big-time boosters ever again

Not sure how he even got a job like Arizona. We have the worst track record of AD’s.

In the case of Phelps it definitely seems like a panic move but if the guy made two mistakes and they have proof they had to do it. I know Sheer is throwing around a lot of accusations and being dramatic so who knows.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not sure how he even got a job like Arizona. We have the worst track record of AD’s.

In the case of Phelps it definitely seems like a panic move but if the guy made two mistakes and they have proof they had to do it. I know Sheer is throwing around a lot of accusations and being dramatic so who knows.

So go the UNC route and wait for the NCAA to finish its investigation before doing anything. Now, Heeke has basically admitted to a Level 1 recruiting violation. If Heeke is the one who leaked information to Thamel, he needs to go

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
What I’m getting from all this is that the big money boosters support Sean Miller, Dave Heeke wants him gone and Robbins is on the fence. Dissention within the ranks is not good, but you’re not going to win a battle going against the money men.

I have no idea what the end result of anything will be and I’m not going to guess, but Heeke is playing with fire right now as he has no public backing at all.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It’s a sad situation. I feel like the University of Arizona basketball program has become the one targeted to pay for the sins of North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and just about everybody else. I am no longer angry at ESPN. I am just disgusted with them

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s ridiculous that this even needed to happen.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

It’s ridiculous that this even needed to happen.
Heeke let it get to this point. He’s only now getting in front of it because his job is on the line. The boosters and fans have all turned on him and have instead supported Miller.

This is not a situation in which the AD can go completely dark. The media has been teeing off on Arizona and Miller for a solid year now. I truly hope Heeke is gone when it’s all said and done

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Heeke let it get to this point. He’s only now getting in front of it because his job is on the line. The boosters and fans have all turned on him and have instead supported Miller.

This is not a situation in which the AD can go completely dark. The media has been teeing off on Arizona and Miller for a solid year now. I truly hope Heeke is gone when it’s all said and done

They just need to move on from him. The next few months are too important to go into with a mid-major AD.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

If you had doubts about a rift....not anymore

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Aside from Ayton, the 2017 recruiting class was worthless. Randolph, Barcello, and Akot were complete missed. Lee is developing into a solid role player. He’s the only one who’d play minutes on next season’s team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Akot was one of the bigger busts in AZ history. Randolph is just a selfish/low-iq player.

Hopefully Barcello can find a role when the team gets better...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Aside from Ayton, the 2017 recruiting class was worthless. Randolph, Barcello, and Akot were complete missed. Lee is developing into a solid role player. He’s the only one who’d play minutes on next season’s team.

Agreed. Quite the mess. Hard to imagine that the outside noise helped.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’m expecting a mass exodus from the team at the end of the year.

The seniors will be gone, obviously.
Dylan Smith will grad transfer
Brandon Randolph is likely gone
Barcello, Jeter, and Doutrive are 50/50.

Miller is going to have to bring in another HS recruit and 1-2 transfers

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m expecting a mass exodus from the team at the end of the year.

The seniors will be gone, obviously.
Dylan Smith will grad transfer
Brandon Randolph is likely gone
Barcello, Jeter, and Doutrive are 50/50.

Miller is going to have to bring in another HS recruit and 1-2 transfers

I don't know that this is a bad thing...unless, of course, Miller is the reason for the mass exodus...

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I don't know that this is a bad thing...unless, of course, Miller is the reason for the mass exodus...
It’s a bad thing because while you’re bringing in better talent, you’re losing depth. If you lose Jeter, you lose size, too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s a bad thing because while you’re bringing in better talent, you’re losing depth. If you lose Jeter, you lose size, too.

Any idea of the reason for the mass exodus?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where do you think they lose jeter to? Surely not the draft.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Any idea of the reason for the mass exodus?

Dylan Smith and Randolph for playing time because they suck and know they're not going to get much run next year. Smith will be a grad transfer, so that transition will be easy.

Doutrive and his family don't like the way he's been used in the offense and he comes off as a W.L.B. when he comes off the court. Barcello may stick it out, though.

Where do you think they lose jeter to? Surely not the draft.

Jeter graduated in December, so from an academic standpoint, he doesn't have much of a reason to stay unless he wants to complete his Master's degree. He'd declare for the draft and probably go summer league and eventually Europe.

He should stay and it's not a foregone conclusion that he's leaving.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dylan Smith and Randolph for playing time because they suck and know they're not going to get much run next year. Smith will be a grad transfer, so that transition will be easy.

Doutrive and his family don't like the way he's been used in the offense and he comes off as a W.L.B. when he comes off the court. Barcello may stick it out, though.

Jeter graduated in December, so from an academic standpoint, he doesn't have much of a reason to stay unless he wants to complete his Master's degree. He'd declare for the draft and probably go summer league and eventually Europe.

He should stay and it's not a foregone conclusion that he's leaving.
Ah hadn’t realized that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Chance Comanche thinks he’s ready than Jeter can too. He’s soft but that would be a big loss. You don’t want to be relying on Christian Koloko as a freshman...

If Jeter, Lee and Doutrive are here next year for depth the team will be big time.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Yay more court stuff!

It’s a subpoena that will likely be quashed. Dawkins’ lawyer is throwing Hail Marys at this point with this plus using Yahoo Sports as his de facto PR firm.

There’s a plea bargain for only two years in jail if Dawkins is so inclined to take it. He’d be an idiot not to at this point. He has no case

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s a subpoena that will likely be quashed. Dawkins’ lawyer is throwing Hail Marys at this point with this plus using Yahoo Sports as his de facto PR firm.

There’s a plea bargain for only two years in jail if Dawkins is so inclined to take it. He’d be an idiot not to at this point. He has no case

Dawkins’ lawyer would be an idiot to think they’d beat the Feds in court. Idk what to make of the subpoena. I don’t think Miller would be dumb enough to be negotiating payment with Dawkins anyway. I don’t recall anything concrete coming up on Miller in the investigation besides hearsay.