Disney's Aladdin (live action)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So looks like they did go blue with the genie. That was a huge complaint when they put out that EW cover.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This looks bad, and I loved the movie. I'm getting the sense that Disney is just going to do live action movies of all their cartoons, just to try to bank more bucks.
You’re just getting that sense now after Cinderella, Malificent, Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, lion King and Dumbo? LOL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re just getting that sense now after Cinderella, Malificent, Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, lion King and Dumbo? LOL

yeah... he's a little late to the party.

Blue Man Smith looks kinda terrifying. This might be the first of their remakes to bomb... relatively speaking, anyway.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as they movies keep being hits at the box office they will keep them coming. Why not? The wife and kids are Disney/Pixar fanatics. They love most of what they put out there. I am cool with that as long as they don't suck. I am a bit more harsh than the rest of the family.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as they movies keep being hits at the box office they will keep them coming. Why not? The wife and kids are Disney/Pixar fanatics. They love most of what they put out there. I am cool with that as long as they don't suck. I am a bit more harsh than the rest of the family.

definitely. They already have Jungle Cruise and Little Mermaid in post and production set for later this year and next year.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't fricking pay me to watch them. Talk about the low point of imagination! But that's the evil empire for ya :D

I will give you lack of originality. However that doesn’t mean the film can’t be good. If they are? My family will be there.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have to be a transcendental movie to draw me in, considering I only get to go to one or two a month now.

Uhhh..there is probably only one or two of those a year?!?!?!!? If I used that standard I wouldn't go to the movies at all. Popcorn movies are plenty fun.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It would have to be a transcendental movie to draw me in, considering I only get to go to one or two a month now.
Have you seen any of them? Most of them are actually quite good. From what I've seen, Aladdin may be the first one that won't be very good. Which is disappointing, because out of all the remakes that have happened (and I've seen), Aladdin the animated film was one of my favorites.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen any of them? Most of them are actually quite good. From what I've seen, Aladdin may be the first one that won't be very good. Which is disappointing, because out of all the remakes that have happened (and I've seen), Aladdin the animated film was one of my favorites.

I am actually surprised that people are being so judgemental based on a few seconds to be frank. That isn't any indication of the overall film. It's early and things can still change. Trailers can be so misleading. I can't count how many times a trailer looked great and the movie sucked or when a trailer didn't do anything for me and the movie was good.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am actually surprised that people are being so judgemental based on a few seconds to be frank. That isn't any indication of the overall film. It's early and things can still change. Trailers can be so misleading. I can't count how many times a trailer looked great and the movie sucked or when a trailer didn't do anything for me and the movie was good.
Yes they can, but I don't think there will be much change in the genie's look and, especially, how young Jafar sounds and looks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you missed out on Jungle Book. That was top notch entertainment.

The rest of them have been pretty eh for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they pull off with the Lion King, especially since it's Favreau directing again. dude has hit so many home-runs in his career as a director. From just the teaser trailer, i'm expecting another one.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The rest of them have been pretty eh for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they pull off with the Lion King, especially since it's Favreau directing again. dude has hit so many home-runs in his career as a director. From just the teaser trailer, i'm expecting another one.

That one was really good. The wife and kids loved Beauty and the Beast. They went to see it twice.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I had forgotten about that one, and had gone to see it with a friend of mine. It wasn't bad at all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Still have issues with it, but doesn't look as bad in this trailer as the previous one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose