Cardinals LB coach Davis gives inside track on Nick Bosa from time at OSU

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still of the mindset to trade down a bit and stockpile more picks, but there is a Bosa connection on our staff so who knows what we will do...

Cardinals LB coach Davis gives inside track on Nick Bosa from time at OSU

http://arizonasports.com/story/1838...s-inside-track-on-nick-bosa-from-time-at-osu/

There is an obvious connection between a marquee name in the upcoming NFL Draft and the Arizona Cardinals’ coaching staff that does not include Kliff Kingsbury or Kyler Murray.

New linebackers coach Bill Davis held the same position at Ohio State the past two seasons, working on a defense that included the favorite to go No. 1 to the Cardinals in April — Nick Bosa.

Davis provided the inside track on the prospect he knows very well that he could wind up working more with in the future.

“Nick is a phenomenal worker, everything he puts in his body, his health,” he said Tuesday. “Really everything that the kid’s done has been in an effort to make his way to the NFL and follow his father and his older brother’s footsteps. Relentless worker, all about football, loves the game, loves his teammates.”

ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. also mentioned Bosa’s family tree when he joined 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Bickley & Marotta in mid-January, comparing Nick to his Pro Bowl brother Joey of the San Diego Chargers.

"The way they come off the edge, the way they bend like Myles Garrett. Tremendously strong hands, he disengages quickly,” Kiper said. “Just has a natural knack — his father was a first-round pick, John Bosa. The uncle Eric Kumerow was a first-round pick of the Dolphins. Football — they’ve been around it their whole life, great bloodlines, but certainly natural pass rushers, they both are.”

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
so after our pick we will know what the coach of Bosa thought about him ...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sold on Bosa but my scout buddy and others are on him as the real deal.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
To be fair, Bill Davis had no impact on Bosa’s career at Ohio State.

Legendary D-Line coach Larry Johnson Sr. was the one that developed Bosa.

The connection is there for sure, but it’s pretty weak.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
To be fair, Bill Davis had no impact on Bosa’s career at Ohio State.

Legendary D-Line coach Larry Johnson Sr. was the one that developed Bosa.

The connection is there for sure, but it’s pretty weak.
Davis seemed to say that he was pretty much a self starter, super motivated however. Real coachable sure helps in anyone's development.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m not sold on Bosa but my scout buddy and others are on him as the real deal.
I personally think he is the real deal. And will be awesome when chandler becomes too expensive in 3 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The headline implies that the presence of Davis will make it easier for us to land Bosa. We draft #1 and can do that anyway.

The only inside track" we have is knowing a lot about Bosa (i.e. whether we should draft him & not so much whether we can draft him).

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
i agree the floor is high but i am not sure the ceiling is very high. If we stay at 1, I think he should be the pick. That said...I don't think he is good enough to make the pick untouchable.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
High floor and high ceiling. Exactly what this team needs

I'm intrigued by a trade down, but this is how I see it. The idea of stocking the team with another elite pass Rusher before the veteran has hot his decline is appealing.

Building a team starts with QB, then OL, but after that pass Rusher is the most important position to fill.

One of the reasons I think the Cardinals can be a quick turnaround is because the team already has really good players at most of the key positions that are needed to be successful in the NFL.