Suns @ Clippers 2-13-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday the Suns visit the Clippers before the All-Star break.

The Clippers (31-27) are coming off a six game road trip. They lost their last game to the Timberwolves on Monday 130-120.

While the Suns (11-47) have lost fourteen straight games with their last loss coming on the road to the Kings 117-104 on Sunday.

The Suns/Clippers game is scheduled to be televised at 8:30 p.m. Arizona time on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is a worse team in the NBA it's probably the Knicks who rank last in the league standings.

They have lost 17 games in a row.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melton and Warren are out for Wednesday's game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. These injuries seem too regular, almost a pattern.

They both have been out for awhile but so has Booker.

The Suns play the same no matter what. LOL

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't know. These injuries seem too regular, almost a pattern.
I think it was the eighties, where almost EVERY Sun had "back spasms" at some point in the season. Seems like ankle injuries and ham strings are the new back spasms.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton gets the Suns first points.

Game tied 4-4.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers start three point guards in Shamet, Beverley and Shai. It's doesn't seem fair.

Also the Clippers waived Teo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers stretch it to a 10 point lead 25-15.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 10 well it’s not 20 so that’s good right

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Clippers 32 - Suns 22

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a layup drill for the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has 14 points and 4 rebounds thus far. Also 2 assists.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Clippers 67 - Suns 51

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in a game where the ONLY person playing hard is Ayton, can anyone explain to me WTF HE'S ONLY GETTING 13 MINUTES WITH 1 FOUL?!

He has been feasting on guys on offense and playing okay defense. BOTH times they took him out of the game, the lead went from 7 to 15 the first time, then 7 to 15 again the second time.

And don't give me that "Igor has rotation minutes locked in." The guys aren't JV players at Phoenix Country Day School.

I mean, Tyler Johnson, who looks like one of the most usless basketball players I've ever seen is getting 17 minutes? Holmes, who has been awful tonight is deserving of 10 minutes when Ayton's getting 13?

Sorry. That makes no sense. Every time they've gone into Ayton he's either been productive or at worst put up a good shot. And yet, they're still sitting him, with 1 foul, with 4 minutes left after just cutting a 17 point lead to 7, after he got a 3 point play. That's AWFUL coaching. Atrocious.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
in a game where the ONLY person playing hard is Ayton, can anyone explain to me WTF HE'S ONLY GETTING 13 MINUTES WITH 1 FOUL?!

He has been feasting on guys on offense and playing okay defense. BOTH times they took him out of the game, the lead went from 7 to 15 the first time, then 7 to 15 again the second time.

And don't give me that "Igor has rotation minutes locked in." The guys aren't JV players at Phoenix Country Day School.

I mean, Tyler Johnson, who looks like one of the most usless basketball players I've ever seen is getting 17 minutes? Holmes, who has been awful tonight is deserving of 10 minutes when Ayton's getting 13?

Sorry. That makes no sense. Every time they've gone into Ayton he's either been productive or at worst put up a good shot. And yet, they're still sitting him, with 1 foul, with 4 minutes left after just cutting a 17 point lead to 7, after he got a 3 point play. That's AWFUL coaching. Atrocious.

FWIW, I have been saying this for several weeks now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Jones viewed Johnson primarily as a chip to make a trade work.

If not, this summer doesn't look good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cavaliers lost in 3OT to the Nets; 76ers beat the Knicks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

And All-Star break comes up after the game. What is he saving Ayton for?

Or is he punishing him for going public about not wanting to play "Guard"?

If that is the case, who in the organization has the combination of authority & knowledge to take action behind the scenes?

The only ones I can think of who have the knowledge are color commentary announcers -- EJ, TC and Annie. All former players.

Unless the Front Office has made the tank official behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA