Kyler Murray entering Draft

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Here it is:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/oklahoma-provides-official-height-for-kyler-murray/

That's still almost 3 inches shorter than Mayfield, who isn't exactly 6-5 Peyton Manning back there. I still think Murray's bigger issue is the fact he loves to run downfield. Not sure he can do that in the NFL, but he has the talent to adapt his game. He should use his scrambling ability to throw the ball instead of using it to run.
3 from Baker. 2 from Brees. 1 from Russell. 1/4th to 1/3rd of a modern cell phone. Thats what we are talking about.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
3 from Baker. 2 from Brees. 1 from Russell. 1/4th to 1/3rd of a modern cell phone. Thats what we are talking about.

Which one should then also consider there appears to be a certain lack of height where one is not able to see over your average NFL OL and the DL and once that height is under the limit, it does not matter what the percentages of that increase might be

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Honestly.... Being 6 3 myself..... I have never seen over any NFL o lineman I've stood next to. Especially if they raise those tree trunk arms in the air. Haha

Even Rosen gets batted down.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read some article today claiming we want murray and that belicheck might try to get rosen. thought it was funny.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Wilson, Baker Mayfield, & Drew Brees all look grown as hell compared to Kyler. I love Kyler, been following him since his Sophomore year at Allen High School, but dude is 5’8 & celery looks like it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. You've crushed my soul Ron_IN_OC.

The thing is, shouldn't the Cardinals feign interest in Murray or anyone else if there is a possibility they decide to move down in the draft.

Why eliminate options ahead of the draft.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing is, shouldn't the Cardinals feign interest in Murray or anyone else if there is a possibility they decide to move down in the draft.

Why eliminate options ahead of the draft.

They don't have to feign interest given they can select whoever they like and it almost goes without saying that they are open for business if some team wants the #1 pick.

My sense is that Oakland is the only team with the ammunition that could tempt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. You've crushed my soul Ron_IN_OC.

heartbroken... lol.

do you REALLY think that Kingsbury would actually diss Rosen by saying it's up in the air, even if behind closed doors it is up in the air? I get that you're in love with Murray, but come on... common sense says we'd play that pretty close to the vest so that if we DIDN'T go that way, it wouldn't create a rift with Rosen... or devalue Josh if we were trying to trade him.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do we even know if Rosen is committed to football? I don't get a competitive vibe from him at all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't have to feign interest given they can select whoever they like and it almost goes without saying that they are open for business if some team wants the #1 pick.

My sense is that Oakland is the only team with the ammunition that could tempt.

The Cardinals can draft any player they want but another team who might covet Murray might decide not to deal with the Cardinals because they can get Murray from a team drafting later for less assets.

My thought is, why should the Cardinals tip their hand.

I know, the only sure way is to draft #1 but anther team drafting slightly later might reap the windfall.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes we do and his competitive vibe was on full display when he got up time after time, ready to go, after being slammed into the turf.

Did you miss that?

We'll see. He could be someone who walks away early.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals can draft any player they want but another team who might covet Murray might decide not to deal with the Cardinals because they can get Murray from a team drafting later for less assets.

My thought is, why should the Cardinals tip their hand.

I know, the only sure way is to draft #1 but anther team drafting slightly later might reap the windfall.

There is no credible prognosticator who sees Murray as the #1 QB off the board, let alone the first pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no credible prognosticator who sees Murray as the #1 QB off the board, let alone the first pick.

It only takes one team.

I don't see how it benefits the Cardinals to take quarterback off the table even if they are happy with Rosen and do not intend to draft a quarterback.

IMO, they should play it coy.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It only takes one team.

I don't see how it benefits the Cardinals to take quarterback off the table even if they are happy with Rosen and do not intend to draft a quarterback.

IMO, they should play it coy.

Feigning has to be credible. And turning your back on a top 10 pick after one season and taking a $8m CAP hit doesn't meet that test - IMO.

Further: the #1 pick has a 3000 point value. Check out the NFL draft value chart and ask yourself if any team would be willing to pay that price for a midget QB.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feigning has to be credible. And turning your back on a top 10 pick after one season and taking a $8m CAP hit doesn't meet that test - IMO.

Further: the #1 pick has a 3000 point value. Check out the NFL draft value chart and ask yourself if any team would be willing to pay that price for a midget QB.

I still don't get why taking a position off the table is a good thing.

The Cardinals should keep other teams guessing about their intentions.