Kyler Murray entering Draft

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Limited number of snaps
Under norm in height
Under norm in weight

...these are red flags. It doesn't mean that he can't overcome them, but it does mean he has more ways to fail in the pros. These are reasons guys fall, despite their talent. Ton of risk in taking Murray, more than most top 15 guys come with.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about his height and way more concerned a out his slight build. He doesn't even have Russell Wilson type of frame...and that would scare me, taking all those hits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wilson was also a 24 year old rookie. Murray will be a 21 year old rookie. I remember thinking Wilson looked like a grown man despite his height early on.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wilson was also a 24 year old rookie. Murray will be a 21 year old rookie. I remember thinking Wilson looked like a grown man despite his height early on.

Murray is a wild card if there ever was one but I think Wilson threw a much better ball when he was in college... not to say Murray cannot throw the ball but not as accurate

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Murray has a small frame...not much you can do with that. Trying to bulk up on a small frame takes away some of his mobility.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who knows..... I’m going to focus on the combine and then his pro day. All will be revealed in less than 75 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Murray has a small frame...not much you can do with that. Trying to bulk up on a small frame takes away some of his mobility.

I wouldn’t want him to bulk up too much. He needs to be the anti-RG3/Watson in terms of decision making around contact.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about his height and way more concerned a out his slight build. He doesn't even have Russell Wilson type of frame...and that would scare me, taking all those hits.

I agree. My only concern about his skill set is I feel he doesn’t read defenses as well as Baker the Touchdown Maker did.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In your opinion. This is a board where thousands have opinions. Mine is different.

Height is an argument for 2005. Not 2019 and beyond IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
New age QBs and their heights:

Watson - 6’2”
Mahomes - 6’3”
Garoppolo - 6’2”
Goff - 6’4”
Wentz- 6’5”
Rosen - 6’4”

In 2019, height is still a valid topic of discussion. 5’9” is a significant red flag.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This Murray kid is the real deal and has ties to KK. Word is they stay in touch.
The writings on the wall too, KK recruited him out of high school and stated late last year that he would draft #1 overall if given the chance. It’s even possible that Murrays been talking to Kingsbury all along and has helped him make up his mind. I just wonder if KK has free reign to make this decision or does Keim/Bidwill want to keep Rosen? Question is do they have the balls?
I say do it! ...Take a chance and shock the league! We definitely have nothing to lose cuz I’ve seen enough of Rosen to know he’s nothing special and is a work in progress.

Have you seen enough of Murray to say he isnt???

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler will be 5'9 7/8ths roughly bringing him to 5'10".

You’ve measured him at that number? I’ll take the other guy’s word for it that he’s around 5-9 since he stood next to him.

The bigger question with Kyler in my opinion is whether his playing style can translate into a game with much faster/stronger players. Never saw him take a big hit in college, but the same can be said of RG3 who was blazing fast.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is KM willing to sit for a year?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You’ve measured him at that number? I’ll take the other guy’s word for it that he’s around 5-9 since he stood next to him.

The bigger question with Kyler in my opinion is whether his playing style can translate into a game with much faster/stronger players. Never saw him take a big hit in college, but the same can be said of RG3 who was blazing fast.
There is a tweet from the Oklahoma people who did measure him in socks. And it was 7/8ths.

I believe that will be close to accurate.

It's in this thread somewhere.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It should also be noted that Cosell had Rosen as his #1 QB in the draft last year and also listed him as a better prospect coming out than Jared Goff was.

I still believe that Bosa is our guy if we stay at one.

If we can get #3, 5, or 7 for Rosen, I could see Keim taking the leap and going Bosa and KM.

And I do think Kyler has not only a much higher ceiling..... But also a much lower floor.

Makes for a compelling decision for the scouting department.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
There is a tweet from the Oklahoma people who did measure him in socks. And it was 7/8ths.

I believe that will be close to accurate.

It's in this thread somewhere.

Here it is:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/oklahoma-provides-official-height-for-kyler-murray/

That's still almost 3 inches shorter than Mayfield, who isn't exactly 6-5 Peyton Manning back there. I still think Murray's bigger issue is the fact he loves to run downfield. Not sure he can do that in the NFL, but he has the talent to adapt his game. He should use his scrambling ability to throw the ball instead of using it to run.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson