• Yes, just to watch a potenial train wreck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to several places while I was in Phoenix, couldn’t find one anywhere, a couple of places told me they were going to wait to see how the league went before they stocked any. I ended up ordering a couple off the AAF website, I am still not a fan of the color but the logo is cool. I really wish they’d have incorporated copper in to their colors, since that is significant to the state..the green and yellow is just sort of tacky.

I'm hoping in this era of alternate jerseys and color schemes that they release some gear (hats/shirts) that don't look like a Green Bay Packers' throwback color combination.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember these guys?

You must be registered for see images attach

Starter seems to be the exclusive provider for AAF unis and gear.

"When the Alliance of American Football debuts in February 2019, its uniforms and apparel will be provided by Starter as part of a multi-year deal with G-III by Carl Banks."

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Turned down free tickets to tonight's inaugural game. Not a fan of the colors or our head coach. Time will tell with this team, but I think more could have been done to make them feel like a true AZ team. Hope they do well, but still kinda "Meh" about the whole thing.
I can't say that I like the colors either. Here is some info on how the were chosen:

The Hotshots are named after the firefighters organized by the U.S. Forest Service that battle fires in Arizona, and the team's colors and uniforms are inspired by the same colors and logos worn by those firefighters.

"The Arizona Hotshots colors are inspired by the uniforms worn by most hotshot crews -- forest green, orange and golden yellow, while the crossed axes are depicted as 'pulaskis,' a cutting and digging tool used by these heroic men and women," the AAF said in a statement.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Remember these guys?

Starter seems to be the exclusive provider for AAF unis and gear.

"When the Alliance of American Football debuts in February 2019, its uniforms and apparel will be provided by Starter as part of a multi-year deal with G-III by Carl Banks."

New Era made both the AAF hats I purchased on their website.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly, there isn't a team I can follow as there are none near me. I'll follow the league though. I'm more interested in the players.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sadly, there isn't a team I can follow as there are none near me. I'll follow the league though. I'm more interested in the players.
Yeah, they are basically southern teams except Salt Lake City.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah, they are basically southern teams except Salt Lake City.

I think they were trying to avoid cold weather games as best they could, makes sense to have them a bit more fan friendly environment. I suppose they could do domes in northern areas though, but aside from Detroit who has domes in the northern half of the country? Syracuse is the only one that comes to mind, St Louis isn't exactly "north" but they do have a dome sitting there collecting dust too.

I would not be shocked though if this first year is a success if they don't add another couple of teams next season to take it to an even 10, especially if they get the NFLs buy in for using it as a place to develop practice squad players.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they were trying to avoid cold weather games as best they could, makes sense to have them a bit more fan friendly environment. I suppose they could do domes in northern areas though, but aside from Detroit who has domes in the northern half of the country? Syracuse is the only one that comes to mind, St Louis isn't exactly "north" but they do have a dome sitting there collecting dust too.

I would not be shocked though if this first year is a success if they don't add another couple of teams next season to take it to an even 10, especially if they get the NFLs buy in for using it as a place to develop practice squad players.
This would be a mistake after the first year. Expanding too fast is what led to the demise of the USFL.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This would be a mistake after the first year. Expanding too fast is what led to the demise of the USFL.

If the NFL sends their practice squads to the AAF that is 320 players, currently they have 416 players on 8 teams. Now I don't expect every team to give 10 players but even at half that the only way to accommodate that is to expand.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
What’s with the 15 yd penalties for illegal formation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What’s with the 15 yd penalties for illegal formation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't blitz more than 5 on defense and you have to be within a certain distance from the LOS or the outside tackles to blitz. A strange rule for sure.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the NFL sends their practice squads to the AAF that is 320 players, currently they have 416 players on 8 teams. Now I don't expect every team to give 10 players but even at half that the only way to accommodate that is to expand.
The mistake would be assuming you can find cities who are willing to struggle. Unless the NFL is willing to invest expanding too quickly might not be the way to go but if they do, maybe 2 cities but even that would be pushing it. Of course, everything hinges on how things are going this season. I hope it succeeds.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The mistake would be assuming you can find cities who are willing to struggle. Unless the NFL is willing to invest expanding too quickly might not be the way to go but if they do, maybe 2 cities but even that would be pushing it. Of course, everything hinges on how things are going this season. I hope it succeeds.

Remember the teams don't have owners, they are owned by the league, cities wouldn't be on the hook for much aside from leasing their facilities (and most of those aren't publicly owned--aside from college facilities). Not sure how having a team in an otherwise empty stadium would cause a city to struggle. I think a quick expansion to 10 teams and then staying there for a long time is realistic. A lot of this hinges on how successful the league is going forward, and game day attendance is less important than how it does on broadcast ratings and what kind of sponsors they are able to get--as well as any exposure the league gets from players who were on their roster making 2019 NFL rosters this fall.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's cool that the league has a link to the NFL. Michael Bidwill talked about the league on Doug and Wolf. Sounded like the relationship between the AAF and NFL is positive.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember the teams don't have owners, they are owned by the league, cities wouldn't be on the hook for much aside from leasing their facilities (and most of those aren't publicly owned--aside from college facilities). Not sure how having a team in an otherwise empty stadium would cause a city to struggle. I think a quick expansion to 10 teams and then staying there for a long time is realistic. A lot of this hinges on how successful the league is going forward, and game day attendance is less important than how it does on broadcast ratings and what kind of sponsors they are able to get--as well as any exposure the league gets from players who were on their roster making 2019 NFL rosters this fall.
It's said it outdrew the NBA Saturday night so we'll see.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are the Hotshots going to be around long enough for me to add a new section to this forum? :p

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is anyone else a little turned off by the "Hot Shots" name? Really feels like they're trying to capitalize on a bunch of guys who suffered gruesome deaths.

If not for those guys dying I wouldn't have though a Football team called the "Hot Shots" would have anything to do with fire fighting. And the skeptic in me is pretty sure that if not for a tragic story about dead firefighters this team would not be named the "Hot Shots".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose