Ridiculous comeback UCLA over Oregon

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon up 9 with 1 minute left.

UCLA hits a 3, it's 6. Oregon makes 2 FT's it's 8, UCLA hits a 3 it's 5. Oregon loses inbounds out of bounds Jaylen Hands fouled on a 3 makes all 3 it's a 2 point game. Oregon hits 2 more FT's it's 4 with 20 seconds left.

UCLA misses, Ali gets the rebound dribbles out and hits a fallback 3 with 3 seconds left it's 1.

UCLA fouls instantly, Oregon makes both Ft's. Oregon fouls intentionally 2 seconds left. Hands makes the first, UCLA brings Moses Brown in, Hands misses on purpose, Brown tips the ball up, Chris Smith catches scores and gets fouled, tie game Smith at the line to win it. He misses, but UCLA wins it in OT.

Horrible game UCLA had 23 turnovers and was only 17-30 from the FT line but a win is a win even against a decimated Oregon.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to kenpom the odds of UCLA winning that game were .02

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then yesterday one of the worst home losses in UCLA history blowing a 23 point 2nd half lead to Utah. They allowed 61 points in the 2nd half, and 23 in the final 2:45 of the game! UCLA up 3 fouled intentionally but did it too quickly, Utah made both shots to go down 1 and then fouled. David Singleton split the Free throws so UCLA up 2. And then Utah inbounds to Barefield who drives into the zone turns and kicks back to Parker Van Dyke who drains a 3 at the buzzer to win the game.

This season can't end soon enough so we can get a new coach in there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then yesterday one of the worst home losses in UCLA history blowing a 23 point 2nd half lead to Utah. They allowed 61 points in the 2nd half, and 23 in the final 2:45 of the game! UCLA up 3 fouled intentionally but did it too quickly, Utah made both shots to go down 1 and then fouled. David Singleton split the Free throws so UCLA up 2. And then Utah inbounds to Barefield who drives into the zone turns and kicks back to Parker Van Dyke who drains a 3 at the buzzer to win the game.

This season can't end soon enough so we can get a new coach in there.

Yeah I started channel flipping in the 2nd half and couldn't believe it when I returned for the last few minutes. What a meltdown. Until about 12 minutes to go in the game UCLA clearly looked like the better team.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I started channel flipping in the 2nd half and couldn't believe it when I returned for the last few minutes. What a meltdown. Until about 12 minutes to go in the game UCLA clearly looked like the better team.

At one point in the 2nd half ESPN had UCLA as 99.5% likely to win the game.

Worst loss in a long time.

The really bad part for me, Bartow suspended Moses Brown for being late for a shootaround so he didn't play him in the game, and then with 5 seconds left he inexplicably put Brown in for defense on the last shot. the shot was a 3, Brown was no factor at all under the rim, and he basically proved to the entire team that he was still going to play a kid he was punishing if it would help him win the game which is the exact opposite lesson he wanted to teach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson