Vance Joseph is DC

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check his Wonderlic score.
Bound to Happen - Patrick has something to say, and he says it. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it so. PP21 felt at the time that he had something to say about his role in the defense. No doubt he'll have something to say in the future. But that doesn't mean we have to buy it. It's just football talk.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I listened to that last night. Came away impressed. Also came away with the feeling that the phrase "gap integrity" that was constantly thrown around last season has become somewhat of a joke within the organization.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was a good interview. He went into alot more on scheme and X's and O's than you normally get in these interviews. Notable quotes:

On Bosa at #1:

"I wouldn't say no to it, but that's Steve's job and his job to do what's best..." Goes on to explain the extra benefits of adding Chubb across from Von Miller.

On defending the RPO:

"I think the RPOs are genious because it's really a play action pass without calling it..." Goes on to explain problem he has with it. Something to do with linemen being downfield too much.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
here is what I liked about the Big Red Rage stuff:

he gave a clear vision of how they will play defense vs last year at this time: "we have a system, not a scheme"

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vance Joseph: I want Kliff Kingsbury’s blessing on defense sometimes

The Cardinals hired Kliff Kingsbury as their new head coach this offseason and they gave the NFL newcomer an experienced assistant on the defensive side of the ball.

Vance Joseph has served as a defensive coordinator and head coach in the past, which would lead some to believe that the Cardinals are going to give him a lot of space to run the defense his way in 2019. The fact that Kingsbury called Joseph “the defensive head coach” and has been largely leaving the defensive staff to itself serve to reinforce that notion.

Joseph said there are going to be times when he wants Kingsbury to offer his thoughts on what should be going on defensively.

“I want his blessing sometimes, especially when you’re in a two-minute drive and they’re driving to win,” Joseph said, via the team’s website. “When do you pressure? Is it [an all-out blitz]? Be patient? What are your thoughts on this? Absolutely, I have to, as a coordinator, ask the coach certain things like that, because that’s a Cardinal decision. We’re going to win and lose together.”

Joseph’s certainly right about the last part. Kingsbury’s not going to have a successful run in Arizona if the defense doesn’t hold up its end of the bargain, so it would behoove him to speak up if things aren’t going the right way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson