Larry will return for his 16th season

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now here’s a picture of my 10-year old Weimaraner whose official AKC registered name is “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” - we just call him “Fitz.” (The little one is our 1-year old Vizsla Ginger)

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice looking dogs.

My uncle had several Vizslas. Great dogs.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Just 11 with incentives

He has had incentives in his contract every year as I recall. Hopefully he reaches them in the Air Raid system.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He has had incentives in his contract every year as I recall. Hopefully he reaches them in the Air Raid system.

I think every player (and coach for that matter) should be paid on performance (incentives). Lower base salary and more upside.

The challenge you may have is how to evaluate certain players/positions.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly, he had 69 receptions with the horrible play calling. I can't wait to see what he gets in KK's offense.
Just to be contrary -

Maybe the reason why Larry caught 69 passes was because Josh Rosen had few options other than Larry. (When the BA machine was operating on full cylindars with Nelson, (ughh!) Floyd and the two Browns, the QB could afford to let Larry be the decoy and let the other 4 guys catch more passes.

That said - Larry's value transcended the stats.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice looking dogs.

My uncle had several Vizslas. Great dogs.
Thx. Both great pups but yeah ginger is the wonder puppy. Easiest I’ve ever had and I’ve had 8 different breeds. House trained after only one accident, learned sit, down, come, stay in just two or three sessions (w/o a trainer just me). Great temperament. Had no idea vizslas were so great.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As expected ....not a single word of PROOF of why Larry is worth the cap....and NO you can't 'create' cap space....only go into debt later ....like credit cards. The lack of intelligence of the statement that you can 'create cap' space has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard....sounds like a kid who got a new credit card "LOOK THEY GAVE ME A FREE $500"

0 for 2 so far

This may be the worst take EVER on ASFN, and that's really quite an accomplishment.

You have an opinion, that's all. You spew crap in all caps and argue about it as if it's fact. And as an opinion, it stinks on ice.

Larry is worth every penny of $11m next year, even at his age and declining skills level. His value extends well beyond numbers and statistics. It extends into the locker room, and into the stands.

Nice try. I respect that you have a different take on this than many of us, but don't be a whiny b about it and cry like you're "right" and the rest of us are wrong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This may be the worst take EVER on ASFN, and that's really quite an accomplishment.

You have an opinion, that's all. You spew crap in all caps and argue about it as if it's fact. And as an opinion, it stinks on ice.

Larry is worth every penny of $11m next year, even at his age and declining skills level. His value extends well beyond numbers and statistics. It extends into the locker room, and into the stands.

Nice try. I respect that you have a different take on this than many of us, but don't be a whiny b about it and cry like you're "right" and the rest of us are wrong.

WRONG! FAKE NEWS! he is the SMARTEST man in the ENTIRE ROOM!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
$11 million ...paid as a top 10 receiver ....yet produces at 32nd by all stats

I get the love for the guy....he's a legend

I just don't get the team can afford to pay Larry $11 mill of the cap when there's a ton (if not more) needs they need to address.

Celebrate those of you loving it ... I hope you enjoy watching him .... as we all do, but when Free Agency starts and the Cardinals end up getting lower tiered players for the O line, LB and again no CB across from PP ....you'll know exactly why.

You'll see in free agency ...Player X was interested in the Cardinals and (insert team) and the (insert team) offered him a million or two more...so he signed.

Larry should be paid $4-5 million based on his production (he's 32nd at WR by every statistical measurement).

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Even states here he's the 39th ranked WR ....so why would they pay him as a top 10?
Money management 101

just don't complain during free agency when players the cardinals need signs elsewhere due to getting more $.

I hope Larry has 120 catches for 1200+ yards and 18 TD's, but even the most die hard kool aid drinking fan would agree he isn't that kind of receiver anymore. He's more of a 80 catch 800-900 yard and 6-10 TD guy at this point in his career. Shoot the teams facing the Cards didn't even put their best CB on Larry...they had their best CB covering Kirk.

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Thx. Both great pups but yeah ginger is the wonder puppy. Easiest I’ve ever had and I’ve had 8 different breeds. House trained after only one accident, learned sit, down, come, stay in just two or three sessions (w/o a trainer just me). Great temperament. Had no idea vizslas were so great.

omg - I love Vizlas. I follow a bunch of them on Instagram. If I were to get a dog again, it would be a Vizla.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I just don't get the team can afford to pay Larry $11 mill of the cap when there's a ton (if not more) needs they need to address.

Celebrate those of you loving it ... I hope you enjoy watching him .... as we all do, but when Free Agency starts and the Cardinals end up getting lower tiered players for the O line, LB and again no CB across from PP ....you'll know exactly why.

You'll see in free agency ...Player X was interested in the Cardinals and (insert team) and the (insert team) offered him a million or two more...so he signed.

Larry should be paid $4-5 million based on his production (he's 32nd at WR by every statistical measurement).
As is stands today, at 11 mil, Larry would be the 19th highest paid WR for the 2019 season. That is per over the cap. You need to review what WRs are getting paid around the league. Doug Baldwin is scheduled to make 13.1 mil and Kenny Stills 9.75 mil.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even states here he's the 39th ranked WR ....so why would they pay him as a top 10?
Money management 101

just don't complain during free agency when players the cardinals need signs elsewhere due to getting more $.

I hope Larry has 120 catches for 1200+ yards and 18 TD's, but even the most die hard kool aid drinking fan would agree he isn't that kind of receiver anymore. He's more of a 80 catch 800-900 yard and 6-10 TD guy at this point in his career. Shoot the teams facing the Cards didn't even put their best CB on Larry...they had their best CB covering Kirk.
you are basing every ounce of your information on fitz having a bad year in a horrible systema nd overlooking that 9 times out of 10, that is a fluke year and he will be much better statistically in a more productive offense.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz was horribly misused in the offense last season and at times was mysteriously NOT used in the offense. Needing one reception to break an all-time NFL record he wasn't even targeted in the first half of a game. Not his fault.

The previous three seasons he had over 100 receptions each season and led all receivers one year. Well worth every penny he is paid. Great locker room guy, mentor, and a terrific representative of the team on and off the field.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Again, we (which excludes you) are not short of CAP space to meet our needs in Free Agency.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Again, we (which excludes you) are not short of CAP space to meet our needs in Free Agency.

I think this is really being overlooked and it seems like most teams have plenty of cap space so average players are going to get overpaid and some teams may even struggle to make the cap requirement without extending their own players.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
As expected ....not a single word of PROOF of why Larry is worth the cap....and NO you can't 'create' cap space....only go into debt later ....like credit cards. The lack of intelligence of the statement that you can 'create cap' space has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard....sounds like a kid who got a new credit card "LOOK THEY GAVE ME A FREE $500"

0 for 2 so far

Well, you clearly overlooked his 158.3 passer rating, up from 118.7 in 2017 no less. So, you can cut Glennon and cover WR and backup QB at once.

Is that an appropriately ridiculous amount of proof to answer your question?

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Just to be contrary -

Maybe the reason why Larry caught 69 passes was because Josh Rosen had few options other than Larry. (When the BA machine was operating on full cylindars with Nelson, (ughh!) Floyd and the two Browns, the QB could afford to let Larry be the decoy and let the other 4 guys catch more passes.

That said - Larry's value transcended the stats.
By that logic couldn't it be argued with so few other options it would be easier for defenses to target Fitzgerald and prevent targets?