Larry will return for his 16th season

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonderful news. Makes the receiving corps a helluva lot better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the right price ...yes it's awesome to have Larry back, but if they're paying him $11 million as they did last year the Cardinals are FOOLS

When you have a maximum of say $100 to spend on the entire team you can't afford to pay Larry $12 of that $100.

He had 69 receptions for 734 yards ....that translates to $2 mill MAX per year for ANY other receiver.

Love Larry ....everyone does...but to pay him BECAUSE of his name and not based on the production is ignorance.

No one here can justify his ON FIELD performance to put $11 mill at the cap BECAUSE HE'S LARRY.

His speed has dropped of a ton and he can not Jump like he once did. He's a slot receiver without elite speed (normally not wanted)

It was time for the Cardinals to put money at the O line, 2nd CB across from PP (who's at the pro bowl) and some LB's (inside and out) ...not to an aged vet who's a walking living legend. At this point Kirk is better than Larry.

Hate all you want, but in this day and age of the cap, when you put $11 million towards Larry when they have as many holes as they do...isn't smart. You can spend 99% of your cap on Tom Brady, but who's gonna keep him upright? (with the 1% you got left) The cap matters! The O lineman that are worth their weight WANT TO GET PAID...and if the Cards can only offer them $4 mill per season and another team has $6 mill in their cap available....guess where they're going. No player is 'dying' to play with Fitz anymore....I'll add he doesn't have any clout to get players here...no prime player is going to take less to 'play with Fitz' So essentially you've spent too much on Larry and left with buying cheaper players and HOPE they turn out rather than having the money to buy quality....but you got Larry and gave Rosen an O line that gives him 1.8 seconds to throw it.

I can't wait to hear the haters! You guys will comment ...Larry's awesome....he's a leader....We love Larry, You like the Chargers....no one and watch no one can justify the cost of spending that much of the cap on him that'll translate to ON THE FIELD come Sunday next season. I'll add there wouldn't have been one team in the NFL who'd have paid him more than $4 mill had he tested the market (which I bet his agent did and found out only the Cardinals are foolish enough to triple the pay of every other franchise)

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the right price ...yes it's awesome to have Larry back, but if they're paying him $11 million as they did last year the Cardinals are FOOLS

When you have a maximum of say $100 to spend on the entire team you can't afford to pay Larry $12 of that $100.

He had 69 receptions for 734 yards ....that translates to $2 mill MAX per year for ANY other receiver.

Love Larry ....everyone does...but to pay him BECAUSE of his name and not based on the production is ignorance.

No one here can justify his ON FIELD performance to put $16mill at the cap BECAUSE HE'S LARRY.

His speed has dropped of a ton and he can not Jump like he once did.

It was time for the Cardinals to put money at the O line, 2nd CB across from PP (who's at the pro bowl) and some LB's (inside and out) ...not to an aged vet who's a walking living legend. At this point Kirk is better than Larry.

Hate all you want, but in this day and age of the cap, when you put $11 million towards Larry when they have as many holes as they do...isn't smart.

I can't wait to hear the haters! You guys will comment ...Larry's awesome....he's a leader....We love Larry, You like the Chargers....no one and watch no one can justify the cost of spending that much of the cap on him that'll translate to ON THE FIELD come Sunday next season. I'll add there wouldn't have been one team in the NFL who'd have paid him more than $4 mill had he tested the market (which I bet his agent did and found out only the Cardinals are foolish enough to triple the pay of every other franchise)
Blah blah blah

He's worth every dime of 11mill

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hell yeah. love this for both myself and Josh. We get at least one more year of the best Cardinal ever and Josh gets to go into a big season where he MUST show MAJOR improvement and will have at least three solid weapons to play with with Fitz, Kirk and DJ. None of them are superstars, but at least we're going into the season with that base and hopefully adding more through FA/Draft.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No one here can justify his ON FIELD performance to put $11 mill at the cap BECAUSE HE'S LARRY.

His speed has dropped of a ton and he can not Jump like he once did. He's a slot receiver without elite speed (normally not wanted)

Hate all you want, but in this day and age of the cap, when you put $11 million towards Larry when they have as many holes as they do...isn't smart. You can spend 99% of your cap on Tom Brady, but who's gonna keep him upright? (with the 1% you got left) The cap matters! The O lineman that are worth their weight WANT TO GET PAID...and if the Cards can only offer them $4 mill per season and another team has $6 mill in their cap available....guess where they're going. No player is 'dying' to play with Fitz anymore....I'll add he doesn't have any clout to get players here...no prime player is going to take less to 'play with Fitz' So essentially you've spent too much on Larry and left with buying cheaper players and HOPE they turn out rather than having the money to buy quality....but you got Larry and gave Rosen an O line that gives him 1.8 seconds to throw it.

So many words to say so little of consequence from a guy who probably couldn't negotiate $2 bucks off of a cheap rug in a Marrakesh bazaar.

We are not short of CAP room to meet off season objectives and more can always be created.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Blah blah blah

He's worth every dime of 11mill

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

So many words to say so little of consequence from a guy who probably couldn't negotiate $2 bucks off of a cheap rug in a Marrakesh bazaar.

We are not short of CAP room to meet off season objectives and more can always be created.

As expected ....not a single word of PROOF of why Larry is worth the cap....and NO you can't 'create' cap space....only go into debt later ....like credit cards. The lack of intelligence of the statement that you can 'create cap' space has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard....sounds like a kid who got a new credit card "LOOK THEY GAVE ME A FREE $500"

0 for 2 so far

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As expected ....not a single word of PROOF of why Larry is worth the cap....and NO you can't 'create' cap space....only go into debt later ....like credit cards. The lack of intelligence of the statement that you can 'create cap' space has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard....sounds like a kid who got a new credit card "LOOK THEY GAVE ME A FREE $500"

0 for 2 so far

And where exactly is your 'proof' of what Fitz is worth on the open market?. You pull numbers out of your nether region and expect people to accept your brain farts.

And, yes, if need be one can change bonus structures to create space, which does not add to the final cost of a contract.

Dumb, lack of intelligence - is parading your ignorance for all the world to see.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Why do you even care? He's not going to the Chargers. You gave up on this team remember? You said something to the effect that you are going to root for a real team. Go find a Philip Rivers fan club or something.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

0 for 2 so far
I have zero interest in trying to "prove" anything to an overreaction on a message board.

Fitz will have a good year and be worth an above average contract in production alone. Then the leadership, locker room presence and more tops it off and hes totally worth 11 million in the grand scheme of things. 100% other teams would pay him more than 4 million. You are simply pulling that assumption from your chocolate factory.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score

If you watched Larry the last two years he's the same receiver that he has been. Great hands and probably the best route runner in the NFL. Those two skills alone make him worth 11 million. We had only Kirk if Larry retired and that would have sucked. With this new offense Larry will probably have over 100 receptions next season. That will make his contract look cheap. Plus have you seen how much just average receivers contracts are nowadays. Guys that aren't even Larry's caliber are getting that much money and the receivers that are really good are 15 to 20 million.

I think 11 million for Larry is actually a very fair price in today's NFL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watched Larry the last two years he's the same receiver that he has been. Great hands and probably the best route runner in the NFL. Those two skills alone make him worth 11 million. We had only Kirk if Larry retired and that would have sucked. With this new offense Larry will probably have over 100 receptions next season. That will make his contract look cheap. Plus have you seen how much just average receivers contracts are nowadays. Guys that aren't even Larry's caliber are getting that much money and the receivers that are really good are 15 to 20 million.

I think 11 million for Larry is actually a very fair price in today's NFL.

I love Larry but if you think his hands are the same old you’re not paying attention. He had several crucial drops this year especially early ones you’de never see in the past.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

0 for 2 so far

Why are you here? Except to act like an a$$hole.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First off your fractions are off. It’s not $11 of a $100 . More like $11 on $190. Your Chargers have enough to worry about. You have creeped to the edge of “trollism”. Bye bye.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I love Larry but if you think his hands are the same old you’re not paying attention. He had several crucial drops this year especially early ones you’de never see in the past.
Yes he did and he has had a few bad drops every year. Still he is the best receiver we could have signed this year. Even this late in Larry's career I would still put him in the top 25 receivers in the NFL. I am very happy to see Larry back for another season. The thought of only having Kirk was a scary one. Now we have at least two guys that can catch the ball next season and i'm sure Keim will bring in at least two more guys to help out KK's offense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he did and he has had a few bad drops every year. Still he is the best receiver we could have signed this year. Even this late in Larry's career I would still put him in the top 25 receivers in the NFL. I am very happy to see Larry back for another season. The thought of only having Kirk was a scary one. Now we have at least two guys that can catch the ball next season and i'm sure Keim will bring in at least two more guys to help out KK's offense.
this year was the first year I noticed him having drops.

Reaction score
11 mil for Fitz or 8 mil for Tyrell Williams. That is the argument.

Why not both? You pay Larry now & Tyrell down the line. He's young so sign him for 5 years & move money down the line. Unless of course he's not worth it. Then I see your point. I don't know a lot about Williams other than a few highlights.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose