OT: NFC championship Rams at Saints 1-20-19

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rams went all out with the money to get to the SB this year. Wait till they leave and it's going to be LA Rams of old playing in a half empty stadium. That no call is a killer cause it totally shifted momentum. Not guaranteed the Saints win but it's first and goal at the 1. Lambs only have one TO. What makes it worse is it's like 3 different PI calls that can be made lol. Don't wish the Pats BB might make Mcvay his beeotch

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It actually was a lot closer than the video they keep showing, which is a deceiving vantage point.
You’re out of your freaking mind for even saying that!

Stevie Wonder could see that was a blatant PI, which would’ve ended the game.

Bottom line is the refs were NFC Champs not the Rams. Lol

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Because your team didn't earn it. That 1 call completely changed the game and to think otherwise is disingenuous. The officials make the right call, the game is essentially over. If you don't see it that way then you're a homer.
I'm going to say that the saints earned that call by intentionally trying to hire players for AT LEAST a full season. The fact that the rams were the team they happened to be playing is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Draft Bosa. Best way to stop Mahomes and Goff are to keep them off the field. Chandler Jones and Bosa can do this

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
You guys wanna hate the Rams, I get it. But to say that the Rams didn't deserve this is asinine.
I got no real beef with the rams...aside from division rivals. Nice to have the West in the SB.

You sucked with DW as your coach for so long and stockpiled so many high draft picks you should be good. Which is actually why I dont think you can beat NE. I am not convinced Mcvey is as great as people think. I think he might be riding the talent more than directing it.

Either way enjoy the game. You definately earned the right to be there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we got all the no calls...How about these face-mask no calls?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Loyalram I know you visit here a lot and for those who really know you see you as a welcome , knowledgeable and cordial poster. That being said I suggest you accept your blessings graciously and thank your lucky stars. Not only was it pass interference it they also missed helmet to helmet contact. I guess you could always say the Saint could have fumbled the next play. :-/

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Loyalram I know you visit here a lot and for those who really know you see you as a welcome , knowledgeable and cordial poster. That being said I suggest you accept your blessings graciously and thank your lucky stars. Not only was it pass interference it they also missed helmet to helmet contact. I guess you could always say the Saint could have fumbled the next play. :-/

Great post, and I'll add that the league has already admitted their error.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great post, and I'll add that the league has already admitted their error.

The officiating in both championship games left something to be desired. Actually, it's been atrocious for a while now. It's not just missed calls, it's the inconsistent calls, especially on PI. When it costs a team the SB, that's just egregious.

But, as long as they keep printing money it will never change.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The league also admitted error when Rod Hood interfered with Kevin Curtis and Ralph Brown facemasked Aaron Rodgers. You win some you lose some.

I think it was Money Mike that hit Rodgers in the face mask. I don't recall any league officials saying that it was a face mask tho. The rules were different then, you had to grasp and pull on the face mask then, which I don't think he did, but that wasn't my point.

My point was in the rams fan was saying it wasn't a penalty and that it was closer then it appears. I was just pointing out that the league has already said they missed it. Now I am a firm believer that no one play or call cost anyone a game , should have never been in that position.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think it was Money Mike that hit Rodgers in the face mask. I don't recall any league officials saying that it was a face mask tho. The rules were different then, you had to grasp and pull on the face mask then, which I don't think he did, but that wasn't my point.

My point was in the rams fan was saying it wasn't a penalty and that it was closer then it appears. I was just pointing out that the league has already said they missed it. Now I am a firm believer that no one play or call cost anyone a game , should have never been in that position.

Yes Mike Adams not Ralph Brown... IIRC they still had 5 and 15 yard face masks back then. They could’ve gone either way and the other side would’ve griped.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think what he said was it was not a face mask penalty based the rules back then. You could touch or grab the face mask with no penalty but you could not grab and twist it or pull the player down with it. Mike did neither therefore it was the correct non call. This was discussed many times afterward and proven the call was correct.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think what he said was it was not a face mask penalty based the rules back then. You could touch or grab the face mask with no penalty but you could not grab and twist it or pull the player down with it. Mike did neither therefore it was the correct non call. This was discussed many times afterward and proven the call was correct.

I just watched the slo mo replay. Adams literally grabbed his face mask and pulled his helmet down over his eyes. In fact in real time he was grabbing it for about 3 seconds. Anyway that’s not the point. The point is we wouldn’t let those refs out alive had the same thing happened to Kurt lol.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score

We have an electronic dart board at work that will sometimes do strange things. Like hit the outer bullseye and it will score a double bullseye. I once hit a 19 and got credit for a double bullseye. Another time I hit the triple 20 and got scored for a 1. We just call it a wild card and it is now part of the game. Sometimes you benefit and sometimes you get screwed.

I say all that to say that without a doubt the refs screwed up and completely missed the PI call against the rams. It is part of the game. Rams benefit this time and the saints got screwed.

I have seen it at the Cardinals games where the refs clearly blew the call. I look at the opposing fans around me and tell them they got screwed...but we are going to take it. It is what it is.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys wanna hate the Rams, I get it. But to say that the Rams didn't deserve this is asinine.
They deserve to be there based on their talent and their season, however, as I said, they didn't earn it yesterday. And if you don't think that non-call mattered then you are a disingenuous homer because there are few calls or non-calls that have a direct impact on the outcome of a sporting event like that one did yesterday. You should at least have the guts to admit that.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have seen it at the Cardinals games where the refs clearly blew the call. I look at the opposing fans around me and tell them they got screwed...but we are going to take it. It is what it is.
But this wasn't some random regular season game. This was the NFC championship where you're supposed to have the best of the best officials calling the game. People made fun of the replacement officials a few years ago but even they weren't this bad. This is an absolute embarrassment to the league. When I hear people who are not huge sports fans start thinking the league is fixed because of calls like that, you know there's something wrong. This league is bleeding viewers and what happened yesterday isn't going to help much.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching all of the playoff games, I have observed a consistent non call on the helmet to helmet plays. Player safety is a non issue playoff time??????

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW. Sean Payton is one bitter dude. Maybe it is the NFL year long suspension that just won't allow him to be slightly humble. I thought he was going to go full weepy on the post game podiums. We get it Sean . You get screwed more than every other team. Go have a bowl of gumbo with Marcus Peters.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
But this wasn't some random regular season game. This was the NFC championship where you're supposed to have the best of the best officials calling the game. People made fun of the replacement officials a few years ago but even they weren't this bad. This is an absolute embarrassment to the league. When I hear people who are not huge sports fans start thinking the league is fixed because of calls like that, you know there's something wrong. This league is bleeding viewers and what happened yesterday isn't going to help much.

First of all, the replacements were not only this bad, they were worse....WAY worse.

Second, people that arent sports fans don't know anything about the league except 1 blown call they saw while looking at Facebook. Who cares what they think or say.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory -

Refs ignored both interference (there were 2) calls because Goodell and League mgt want to strengthen the NFL's presence in Greater LA market.

Ironically, these were "non-calls by the officials, but what frustrates me as a fan (& therefore, a "consumer" of the sport), is that I'm getting more and more bored by all the challenges, officials' huddles etc. that slow up the game. When I do a bit of channel-surfing and return to the televised action, the first thing I invariably see is the back of a zebra shirt. (Sometimes I'd just rather have the refs do a coin-flip to determine the outcome of any questionable call).