Vance Joseph is DC

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I wanted pagano because he had more experience as a DC. Oh well, I'm content with the hire.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is who I wanted initially, however, I am concerned that with what we all hope and believe will be a quick turn around on that side of the ball, we will be looking for a new defensive staff in a year or two. I guess if that's the case then we will all be happy about our season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is who I wanted initially, however, I am concerned that with what we all hope and believe will be a quick turn around on that side of the ball, we will be looking for a new defensive staff in a year or two. I guess if that's the case then we will all be happy about our season.

Why?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Initially my thought was he would focus on D, a 3-4 guy, and honestly may have a chip on his shoulder. That being said, my knowledge of who us actually a good coach and who is not is pretty limited. Honestly , my opinions on these things are generally formed by what I read here. Scary right

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
one year DC, like wilks.

and a DB coach before that.

Hired as HC after one season of DC

Literally the same resume as wilks.

Good points but they are two different people and VJ won more games at HC than Wilks.

Bowles wasn't much better as DC at Miami and Philly. Certainly not better as HC for Jets (same wins as KJ and bad defense).

I would have still preferred Bowles but KJ is a good option for us at this time

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wanted pagano because he had more experience as a DC. Oh well, I'm content with the hire.
I think it would be cool if they spent the $$ and brought in someone like a Pagano to be the assistant Head Coach and give him way more responsibility than most in this position to help grow KK and manage aspects of the management that would keep KK from the focus the O will require. If anyone saw the film Vice, kind of like Cheney's role to W.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Initially my thought was he would focus on D, a 3-4 guy, and honestly may have a chip on his shoulder. That being said, my knowledge of who us actually a good coach and who is not is pretty limited. Honestly , my opinions on these things are generally formed by what I read here. Scary right

Joseph is a well thought of coach.

I think some fans here are forgetting that this defense was pretty solid prior to Wilks. 6th best in DVOA in Arians last season.

And if this team adds Bosa? Have you watched Bosa? He's going to be a monster. He has the upside to be better than Chandler Jones.