Official Kliff Kingsbury press conference 01/09/19

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Mike Nolan

Hard Pass...dude is the anthesis of "aggressive", his teams (HC and as a DC) were bend don't break, keep them in front of you, perpetual "prevent" defenses...that is why he has made the circuit through the league.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Nolan

Hard Pass...dude is the anthesis of "aggressive", his teams (HC and as a DC) were bend don't break, keep them in front of you, perpetual "prevent" defenses...that is why he has made the circuit through the league.
Granted, Nolan has,great cred throughout the NFL, but his passive style of defense is 180 degrees away from the style I believe in.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drive East for 2,200 miles. Stop at Bridge Ave. and Monmouth St. Red Bank, NJ. Pick up your dawgs at the Windmill. Enjoy.
Wouldn't be 2,200 miles for me. More like 120 miles but I would make that trip and while I'm there I'll go to The Secret Stash.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Accorsi has helped with multiple head coaching-searches as well as general manager-searches around the league. He is a very well-respected consultant, so I think it is indeed very interesting.

Very positive development IMO

Later on 98.7 Mike B noted that he also reached out to other owners "with multiple superbowl trophies in their lobby" in November to get their take on hc and building a champ team.

Also positive

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Very positive development IMO

Later on 98.7 Mike B noted that he also reached out to other owners "with multiple superbowl trophies in their lobby" in November to get their take on hc and building a champ team.

Also positive

November? I wonder how many of them questioned the Wilks hiring.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
November? I wonder how many of them questioned the Wilks hiring.

I’m sure that MB realized he screwed up by mid-September. Hell, I knew by halftime of the season opener that it would be the ugliest Cardinal season ever. Ineptitude of that level is very recognizable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he can land some solid coordinators because this coaching hire was a reach to say the least.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would love them to hire Eric Mangini. Always thought he was better than he was given credit for.

Kingsbury was fine. This will be a collaborative effort between him and Keim and his DC. That alone should ensure better success than we had previously. People who are willing to communicate and stay in their lane.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start what again?
the keim looking uncomfortable at the press conference stuff. That has been an ongoing narrative about him at the wilks conference, sparked board rumors of how it is mikes hire not his, he never liked it, blah blah blah

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the keim looking uncomfortable at the press conference stuff. That has been an ongoing narrative about him at the wilks conference, sparked board rumors of how it is mikes hire not his, he never liked it, blah blah blah
Totally unaware of that.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

You can just tell by their body language and Mikey taking full blame for the Wilks hire.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sure that MB realized he screwed up by mid-September. Hell, I knew by halftime of the season opener that it would be the ugliest Cardinal season ever. Ineptitude of that level is very recognizable.
I recall watching what seemed to be a "numb" Steve Wilks on the sideline after a busted play and having the uncomfortable feeling he was a 180-degree opposite of BA who kept things real and wore his heart on his sleeve.

Yet all we've heard was that he was a players' coach and his guys loved him.

Hard to resolve the disconnect.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Who cares about press conference rhetoric?

I’m sure many were impressed with Wilks after his presser.

Thing I liked about Kingsbury is that he seemed pretty cool and unflappable. Seemed realistic.

Didn’t like the laundry lust of past Cards greats to “endear” him to the fan base. That was coached.

It was not coached, the guy really became a Cardinal fan during the Snake's years and even wore number 16 in high school because of him :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave