Like I Said

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm happy for BA. He gave us a lot of great memories and it'd be awesome to see him salvage Winston's career. But he had run his course here. I think there was a mutual feeling that his time was up in AZ.

Also, let's not forget how often we'd complain about his play-calling and special teams.

As for the new DC, someone with a track record who runs a 3-4. There are a lot of guys out there, not just Bowles.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I take that back about Lewis....

The long-time coach who mutually agreed with owner Mike Brown to part ways with the franchise after 16 seasons said Monday he'd like to remain in coaching.

“I do," Lewis said. "We’ll see what happens. I think if the things were correct, yes.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take that back about Lewis....

The long-time coach who mutually agreed with owner Mike Brown to part ways with the franchise after 16 seasons said Monday he'd like to remain in coaching.

“I do," Lewis said. "We’ll see what happens. I think if the things were correct, yes.”

he would be a great, stupendous get as DC.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BA is becoming a pain in the ass for us it seems

How so ? Bowles is one coach, and a coach that was here, already.

I do not like the Kingsbury signing, but if the Cardinals are going that route, we do not need anymore Arians stuff. Nothing against Bruce Arians, I really liked him as a coach, but that time has past.

I have no interest in bringing back Goodwin, or Leftwich, either.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm happy for BA. He gave us a lot of great memories and it'd be awesome to see him salvage Winston's career. But he had run his course here. I think there was a mutual feeling that his time was up in AZ.

Also, let's not forget how often we'd complain about his play-calling and special teams.

As for the new DC, someone with a track record who runs a 3-4. There are a lot of guys out there, not just Bowles.
I liked his play calling, just not his ST's guy.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never realized Marvin Lewis was DC of the 2000 Ravens until I heard it today. I know they had crazy talent, but still.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who gives a poo about the crab leg stealing, Uber assulating(sexually) Winston and his career??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or Bruce retired and after a while hated retirement

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I call BS he straight up cited heath issues and the need to be with family... Must not be that unhealthy

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and then 6 months later feeling good and realising that your full grown kids have better things to do

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Ya umm no.. it was a farce

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
uh... everyone who wasn't a complete moron saw Bowles reuniting with Arians the second Bowles was fired and Arians' name started popping up as a possible coaching hire.

uhh that was my point. the original post said he was right. I was just agreeing that everyone knew that. want trying to take credit for it. I just said that I had said it too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think KK will need his version of Wade Phillips running the defense.

Tell me why that won't be either Chuck Pagano or Marvin Lewis.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m generally not a ML fan, but I’d be ok with him as the DC. I’d prefer Pagano. Both bring valuable HC experience.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Way to go out on a limb there, Harry.

My point was he actually signed. Many, including me, speculated this would happen, but Bowles actually took an interview with the Skins during this speculation. It was out there that Bowles wanted another shot at HC. So it was being questioned if going back to work for Arians would facilitate this or would doing a great DC job for another head coach would best further his career. I think AZ Native made a good point that Bowles likely got some assurances that if all went well he’d replace BA. Sometimes this board is exhausting!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Harry's right. He wasn't speculating, everyone was doing that. He was reporting breaking facts. Some here wanted KK to hire Bowles, but not possible now. Williams, Pagano, or Lewis would be the best choices.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bowles coming back here never made as much sense as people here seemed to think. Bowles was here for two seasons with just okay results. Bettcher was DC longer. :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose