Adam Gase?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
One thing I will say about Gase is he doesn't seem to know how to use the TE position in the passing game. They drafted Mike Gesicki out of Penn State and Gesicki was regarded as a fairly prolific pass catcher out of the TE position. Gesicki ended up with 22 receptions on 32 targets for 202 yds and zero TDs. His last year at PSU he had 57 receptions for 563 yds and 9 TDs. He also ran a 4.54 40 at the combines. He's wasn't a great blocker coming out of college but that is something that could be taught.

Strengths
  • Smooth in his release
  • Generates vertical concern for cover linebackers with sneaky build-up speed
  • Long, athletic gait and loose hips help him create separation on second and third level routes
  • Puts effort and work into route running
  • Works the seam without hesitation
  • Changes route speeds and works head fakes effectively to mask route intentions
  • Able to run more complex patterns
  • Ball skills stand out amongst tight end class of 2018
  • Confident focused pass catcher
  • Prep standout in volleyball and basketball with the leaping and timing to prove it
  • Uses length and springs to create rare catch radius
  • Makes in-air adjustments to the ball and is in optimal position to pull it in when it gets there
  • Hasn't had a legitimate pass drop in two years

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some on this board have said they heard that Gase wasn't high on Rosen last year. Yet, I just heard the exact opposite on the NFL Channel. They indicated that Gase was very impressed with Rosen?????

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he really didn't like Rosen I cant imagine he would bother interviewing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Some on this board have said they heard that Gase wasn't high on Rosen last year. Yet, I just heard the exact opposite on the NFL Channel. They indicated that Gase was very impressed with Rosen?????

Nobody knows for sure. You have one Miami guy saying he was “concerned” with Rosen and another guy saying he was “obessesed” with him.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just like 3-4 and 4-3 defense player skills, does hiring Gase means Cardinals have to find new OL, precise route runners, different style of RBs etc to suit west coast style short passing offense? Cardinals have been running a vertical offense for 10+ years. Does anyone know?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Gase leaves Phoenix tonight he aint coming back. Get familiar with Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob Cooter.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If Gase leaves Phoenix tonight he aint coming back. Get familiar with Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob Cooter.

Based on what? To be honest the more I look in to Gase the less interest I have anyway. His numbers without Manning aren’t merely average they are not good, like the offense we saw with Stanton and Gabbert bad.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Based on what? To be honest the more I look in to Gase the less interest I have anyway. His numbers without Manning aren’t merely average they are not good, like the offense we saw with Stanton and Gabbert bad.
Only cause there are 8 NFL jobs and there are not many qualified candidates?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Only cause there are 8 NFL jobs and there are not many qualified candidates?

Unless the team is 100% sure they can’t hire the very first person they interview. They have to do their due diligence. If after interviewing those they have scheduled this weekend Gase was #1 then you make the offer not before.

There is also the possibility a coach they are interested in has a playoff game this week and they won’t be able to interview until they are eliminated.

I do say this if Gase isn’t offered by next week he isn’t their first choice and I am ok with that.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If we hire Caldwell I won't renew my tickets and I may even re-consider my loyalty to the team as a whole. Caldwell is the the most overrated, boring ass offense no personality coach in my lifetime other than Wilks. Caldwell sucks.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea of Gase is intriguing...offensive guru and QB mentor. Just what we need.

However, his offenses without Peyton Manning are ranked at the bottom of the NFL (total points). Sounds like Whisenhunt and McCoy.

In spite of having offenses and defenses ranked at the bottom, he was still able to grind out a nearly .500 record and a playoff appearance.

This one is very hard to figure out. The numbers say this guy isn't "the one".

You must be registered for see images attach
He's another member of the "rode Payton's jock into Fame and still holding on somehow"

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like 3-4 and 4-3 defense player skills, does hiring Gase means Cardinals have to find new OL, precise route runners, different style of RBs etc to suit west coast style short passing offense? Cardinals have been running a vertical offense for 10+ years. Does anyone know?
Any coach who comes here is going to have to find a whole new offense regardless. Our rbs already suit west coast offense. Our wrs suit nothing except fitZ and Kirk who....fit a west coast offense. Our line fits a Buffett. our tight ends fit street ball.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we hire Caldwell I won't renew my tickets and I may even re-consider my loyalty to the team as a whole. Caldwell is the the most overrated, boring ass offense no personality coach in my lifetime other than Wilks. Caldwell sucks.
Thank you. Even his face is boring.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Reading those articles leads me to wonder how he would mesh with Bidwill and Keim I just couldn’t see them tolerating him having an outburst towards them like is described. Could lead to a fractured team and a short tenure and we’d be back at the drawing board again very soon.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reading those articles leads me to wonder how he would mesh with Bidwill and Keim I just couldn’t see them tolerating him having an outburst towards them like is described. Could lead to a fractured team and a short tenure and we’d be back at the drawing board again very soon.

Or maybe Ross is just that bad?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Could be right but I have no idea...what I would give to see one of these head coaching interviews, just to have an idea of what they are like.

Mike B: "do you plan on yelling at me, or, ditching team functions?"

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We would be lucky to land Caldwell. Same crap was said about Herm....boring...old....plain...he would be automatically respected and get us to be pros again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson