The Leeds United thread

Reaction score
I hope Leeds goes, they are a proper Premier team, unlike Wigan. But if they do manage to go up will they be allowed? Have they disclosed who their owners are?

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Utter ***** is how I would describe the way we have finished the season. We are still in with a shout but need Forest and Millwall to lose one of their last two games.

Still, I would have taken top half of the table if offered it at the start of the season.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, after a rocky start we are starting to steady the ship.

Three points off playoffs, but with a game in hand. Also, of our nine game so far, we have played - 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th (as well as 10th & 12th) So quite a few top half and playoff teams. Our next three games are against bottom half teams.

We finally had a clean sheet yesterday. We have no problem finding the back of the net, but neither do other teams against us.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another win today. Over-shadowed by the tribute to Gary Speed.

The first name I ever got on a shirt was Speed. The midfield we had winning the title in 92 was fantastic.

R.I.P. Gary Speed

You must be registered for see images attach

This video was from the midweek Forest game. On the 11th minute for 11 minutes the fans chanted his name. A few seconds after, Leeds scored.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It had been too long since I watched EFL. I saw the Leeds/Villa matchup yesterday. Such an incredible display. Too bad there had to be a loser, but I bet Milgod enjoyed the result. Love to see that style of Football. Thankfully Everton mimicked the same philosophy vs. Spurs...

As for the table I had not realized Norwich shot up the table like that. I tried to follow early on because they are close to me, but I lost connection. Looks like Ispwich Town are staggering.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
At least I posted some when my team was relegated :D

Where'd our resident local Sunderland fan go? lol

Haha...I see what you did there. There's not much League One talk on here, but they are flirting with an EFL comeback.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
At least I posted some when my team was relegated :D

Where'd our resident local Sunderland fan go? lol
I just finished "Sunderland Til I Die" on Netflix, which followed their disastrous 2018 campaign. Was very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Leeds fall today and Norwich City get a draw. I went to portman road and watched Ipswich Town lose to Milwall 3-2. I heard the Town's attacking in the first half was some of their best attacking football in a while. sadly they only got one goal (should have had 3 or 4)...their defending was horrid in the 2nd. Looks like they are going down.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still going well. Just got to hold on now.

Whatever happens, it's been the most enjoyable season since 2010. Bielsa is an absolute god. He's transformed a squad that barely scraped 13th last season into promotion candidates (even with the insanely high number of injuries we've had).

Already renewed the ST for next season. Let's hope it's back where we belong.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still going well. Just got to hold on now.

Whatever happens, it's been the most enjoyable season since 2010. Bielsa is an absolute god. He's transformed a squad that barely scraped 13th last season into promotion candidates (even with the insanely high number of injuries we've had).

Already renewed the ST for next season. Let's hope it's back where we belong.

Having Bielsa is a hell of a journey. I watched him transform Chile and completely change the way we used to play. It was a joy and you should enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

It's potato quality, but this is fantastic to watch now:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've just about recovered from celebrating. Head a little worse for wear, but we've done it!

16 years and it's finally over!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've just about recovered from celebrating. Head a little worse for wear, but we've done it!

16 years and it's finally over!

First: Congrats to Leeds! It's been way, way too long to not have them in the Premier League.

A little surprised to see you back, though. You've been MIA from the forum for some time. Then again, so has English. I guess it's hard to be positive and be around all the PL news when your team isn't in it. Well, in any case, welcome back.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've had a lot of time away from all my forums. Life just got in the way (very annoying when it does that).

Excited to be back, but we have got to keep hold of Bielsa first and foremost.

Last edited: