Suns @ Nets 12-23- 18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a tough loss last night to the Wizards in triple overtime the Suns get no rest as they visit the Nets today.

The Nets are coming off a 114-106 loss to the Pacers on Friday.

In regard to won/loss records the Nets are 15/19 while the Suns are 8-25.

It's an early game starting at 4 p.m. Arizona time. It will be televised on FSAZ.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man suns are going to be gassed for this gm

but hope suns win and ayton and oubre play good games

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Their only hope is to really spread the minutes around and try to keep it close going into the fourth quarter.

Warren and Booker were the only players that played unusual minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm hoping for a competitive game. Asking for a win in this situation is asking for a lot. The Suns will need to go deeper into their bench and spread out the minutes more evenly.

Maybe we will see more of Jackson and also players like Okobo, Daniels and Moreland.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a competitive game. Asking for a win in this situation is asking for a lot. The Suns will need to go deeper into their bench and spread out the minutes more evenly.

Maybe we will see more of Jackson and also players like Okobo, Daniels and Moreland.

Me too but Brooklyn typically plays with a lot of energy, something we don't always do and that's without considering the triple OT less than 24 hours earlier.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trap game for the Nets. They’ve been winning and more rested than us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too but Brooklyn typically plays with a lot of energy, something we don't always do and that's without considering the triple OT less than 24 hours earlier.

If the Suns play hard and are competitive I will be happy.

The Nets took a different road than tanking and I respect them for that. They have learned that they will have to win with less talent. They are a gritty team that always plays hard. Today will be no different.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Bridges too, he played a regular game last night and has young legs. Of course, we're hitting rookie wall time soon so who knows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges too, he played a regular game last night and has young legs. Of course, we're hitting rookie wall time soon so who knows.

I'm definitely wanting Bridges to play more minutes. He needs to be more assertive.

I remarked during the Wizards game when he went up for a shot (I believe it was blocked) that if he had more hops he could completed it. Perhaps he depends on his long arms too much. I have seen him jump so I know he is capable.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
only back a week after his 2nd hamstring pull within a few weeks
was played the whole 4th Q last night, plus 3 OT's
playing pg and hero ball in all 4 crunch times
with a game in another city 19 hours later.
what could go wrong?

give Booker the game off, coach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Nets took a different road than tanking and I respect them for that. They have learned that they will have to win with less talent. They are a gritty team that always plays hard. Today will be no different.

I agree with everything you say here except the bolded part. It comes across as if you respect them for not tanking. Not tanking was not a decision they made. Having traded away all their picks they had no choice but to try and improve with lower tier players and the use of cap space to swallow the mistakes of others. They've bounced back well from the mess that was made there but they have a fairly low ceiling right now unless they do start to tank IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say here except the bolded part. It comes across as if you respect them for not tanking. Not tanking was not a decision they made. Having traded away all their picks they had no choice but to try and improve with lower tier players and the use of cap space to swallow the mistakes of others. They've bounced back well from the mess that was made there but they have a fairly low ceiling right now unless they do start to tank IMO.

I do respect the Nets for not dumpster diving when they could have easily traded off players for more draft picks and tanked this season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They didn't have a choice but to take a different road than tanking since the Celtics owned all of their picks for the last decade. When they didn't own them outright they owned the right to swap. The Nets only chance was overpaying for free agents in hopes their teams wouldn't match and that was sort of iffy. They didn't tank but had they even received one of their picks over the last 5-6 years and they would be in a much better position than they are. They got where they are by taking on crap contracts and getting rewarded for doing so.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's tough to judge the Nets "talent" because some of the guys put up good numbers but someone has to. Dudley is the biggest name player on their roster, which says something. I know LaVert was playing well before he got injured but even with his good numbers would any team trade a player who put up comparable numbers for him? I don't think so. I know I'd like to pry Dinwiddie away from them but that's mainly because his playmaking has looked good with the Nets. When he's able to shine the turds around him and make them look decent I can only imagine what he could do playing alongside Ayton, Booker, Warren, and Jackson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't have a choice but to take a different road than tanking since the Celtics owned all of their picks for the last decade. When they didn't own them outright they owned the right to swap. The Nets only chance was overpaying for free agents in hopes their teams wouldn't match and that was sort of iffy. They didn't tank but had they even received one of their picks over the last 5-6 years and they would be in a much better position than they are. They got where they are by taking on crap contracts and getting rewarded for doing so.

The Nets own their 2019 first round pick as it stands at the moment. I have not seen any indication they are tanking this season. Maybe it will change but they are trying to win games at this point in time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No change in rotation players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dudley looking more in shape in warmup. More than I have seen for a long time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre may be the Suns best forward after Warren.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Nets 38 - Suns 31

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are definitely still tired from last night but they are competing at least

I'm hoping if the Suns keep it close they will forget about the fatigue later on.