THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is a crushing one, though. Up 2-0 at the break, denied a CLEAR penalty for handball in the first half (the ref was so useless, they didn't even call a CORNER!!!), and you don't even hang on for a point. No wins, a crushing 3-goal comeback loss, and now two weeks off for the international break. Yes, there are winnable games coming up, but sat on 2 points after 8 games is...and unenviable position. If they don't reinforce in January, they're down. PERIOD.
Yeah that is the type of win that can change the outlook for the entire league. I was really pulling for Newcastle and it would have been two birds with one stone for me had they gotten the 3 points.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
BHA at home next game is pretty much a must win.
absolutely. at home vs. mid to lower table teams they have to win...especially with their support. some of the best supporters in England for me. they should boycott their owner...what a piece of shy!e he is.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Newcastle deserved at least a point there, but I'll take it on my side.

Hope Glenn Murray is ok though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Excellent win for the Mags, further distancing them from the relegation zone--if by nothing more than places in the table. Didn't hurt that Huddersfield and Southampton both gave up late leads and dropped points.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Excellent win for the Mags, further distancing them from the relegation zone--if by nothing more than places in the table. Didn't hurt that Huddersfield and Southampton both gave up late leads and dropped points.
was that Yedlin that paced down the right side to setup the first goal? they need more of that from him. it's 2018 full backs have to get forward! just don't be like Trippier and forget that you are still a defender when you are back in defending.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
was that Yedlin that paced down the right side to setup the first goal? they need more of that from him. it's 2018 full backs have to get forward! just don't be like Trippier and forget that you are still a defender when you are back in defending.

It was. He did better than normal at that in the last game. I mean, he always bombs forward, usually gets the ball in a decent area, and then...nothing. Add to it that he is constantly targeted defensively because he is always off on his positioning, and he has been more of a problem than benefit. Hopefully this begins changing that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was. He did better than normal at that in the last game. I mean, he always bombs forward, usually gets the ball in a decent area, and then...nothing. Add to it that he is constantly targeted defensively because he is always off on his positioning, and he has been more of a problem than benefit. Hopefully this begins changing that.
Yeah I was seeing some of that in the friendly against England. a lot of pace going forward but there's often something of substance lacking. I think he would fit better on a side with more attacking capability. his defending does get lazy at times.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well, that was a crap show lol Which is a shame, because early on the Mags were playing with confidence. One brilliant cross and good finish against the run of play early did it.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Got absolutely jobbed by the ref out of a win. Dropping 3 points and a relegation rival gaining 3 points out of ref incompetence is pretty sickening.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Got absolutely jobbed by the ref out of a win. Dropping 3 points and a relegation rival gaining 3 points out of ref incompetence is pretty sickening.
I came into it late, but I saw the elbow to Perez' nose in the box that could have been a penalty and a red. and the ref didn't even bother to stop the match for a potential head injury which is B.S. because wolves nearly scored at the other end on that breakout. Yedlin's red was harsh

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I came into it late, but I saw the elbow to Perez' nose in the box that could have been a penalty and a red. and the ref didn't even bother to stop the match for a potential head injury which is B.S. because wolves nearly scored at the other end on that breakout. Yedlin's red was harsh

You know what the ref told Perez, that caused him to flip out in the tunnel after the game? "I saw it, and the ball hit your face." Give me an effing break!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You know what the ref told Perez, that caused him to flip out in the tunnel after the game? "I saw it, and the ball hit your face." Give me an effing break!
Yeah that ref was trash. I saw Perez' interview afterward and he was very harsh on the referees as a whole. TBF Newcastle have been shafted by refs in multiple games over the last couple years. All other clubs certainly have a gripe. There are a couple at the top of the table that have superior players, yet every time they lose it is because of ref decisions. give me a break!

I think it is more noticeable for a team like Newcastle that have to make good on a handful of opportunities to score (or defend an attack). I still am not a fan of VAR if it is going to be used more than just once or twice per game. if it is reserved for those type of missed calls then I am ok. My fear is that 10+ mins per game will be refs looking at a screen. Hopefully that is just me overreacting.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah that ref was trash. I saw Perez' interview afterward and he was very harsh on the referees as a whole. TBF Newcastle have been shafted by refs in multiple games over the last couple years. All other clubs certainly have a gripe. There are a couple at the top of the table that have superior players, yet every time they lose it is because of ref decisions. give me a break!

I think it is more noticeable for a team like Newcastle that have to make good on a handful of opportunities to score (or defend an attack). I still am not a fan of VAR if it is going to be used more than just once or twice per game. if it is reserved for those type of missed calls then I am ok. My fear is that 10+ mins per game will be refs looking at a screen. Hopefully that is just me overreacting.

Yeah, VAR MUST be implemented, but hopefully not all the time, like you say. We got shafted in the Man U game when they had a hand ball in the penalty area after on a free kick that went directly out of play. No penalty...and NO CORNER KICK!!! I also saw a table that said it's been over 120+ games since a team has had a red card against New Castle. Last year, Harry Kane scissor-tackled our top CB signing from behind, putting him out for like 20 games. No red, no card. Nothing. Shelvey would be suspended 10 years for it!

At least we've broken our duck of getting a penalty called this year in our favor. That had been forever a well.

Oh well, we have to plod on, pray Cashley isn't making it all up about the takeover, and that there's money to spend to save our league status in January.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, VAR MUST be implemented, but hopefully not all the time, like you say. We got shafted in the Man U game when they had a hand ball in the penalty area after on a free kick that went directly out of play. No penalty...and NO CORNER KICK!!! I also saw a table that said it's been over 120+ games since a team has had a red card against New Castle. Last year, Harry Kane scissor-tackled our top CB signing from behind, putting him out for like 20 games. No red, no card. Nothing. Shelvey would be suspended 10 years for it!

At least we've broken our duck of getting a penalty called this year in our favor. That had been forever a well.

Oh well, we have to plod on, pray Cashley isn't making it all up about the takeover, and that there's money to spend to save our league status in January.
I remember that tackle well. It was definitely costly. and yes was it not that game that shelvey got sent off for stamping someone? I still think shelvey should have went to Russia for his creativity to move the ball forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose