11am Presser re: N'Keal Harry Bowl Status

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspect he will sit out the bowl game. Herm just said he "always sides with the player".

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No use blowing out your ACL in the Reno Purina Bowl when you're a first round talent.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Bowl season is all about getting a head start on next season anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He declared for the draft, however, he hasn't made a bowl game decision yet according to what I read at arizonasports.com

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he played in the bowl game... Great kid. Great talent. Wish him great success!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess sitting out bowl games is becoming the norm for NFL prospects. It seems arbitrary to me though. Who is to say a top prospect might not what to sit out more games when their draft stock is high. In time prospects might even sit out rivalry games.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess sitting out bowl games is becoming the norm for NFL prospects. It seems arbitrary to me though. Who is to say a top prospect might not what to sit out more games when their draft stock is high. In time prospects might even sit out rivalry games.

Bosa. He sat out more than the rivalry game...although he has an owwie. Eventually I think you may see the top of the top prospects sit out their last full season of eligibility.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosa. He sat out more than the rivalry game...although he has an owwie. Eventually I think you may see the top of the top prospects sit out their last full season of eligibility.

If this happens the NFL Draft will become even more of a crap shoot. However, players that would sit out risk dropping in the draft and those who play well may move up.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this happens the NFL Draft will become even more of a crap shoot. However, players that would sit out risk dropping in the draft and those who play well may move up.

I am thinking the very top players. Remember it want all that long ago that Clowney considered sitting out the entire season.

Reaction score
Eventually I think you may see the top of the top prospects sit out their last full season of eligibility.
If that were the case wouldn't they just declare for the draft prior to that season? Case in point - N'Keal Harry skipping his senior (4th) season and declaring. Why come back only to not play, that makes no sense.

In Bosa's case, he did plan on playing for Ohio State this season, until his injury caused a re-evaluation.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Would look good in a Cardinal uni next year.
Why would you wish such an affliction on someone D)

I guess sitting out bowl games is becoming the norm for NFL prospects. It seems arbitrary to me though. Who is to say a top prospect might not what to sit out more games when their draft stock is high....
Are you implying Mel Kiper might just be a blowhard with a Brylcream fetish? D) D)

Why wouldn't you just declare for.the draft? You'd deprive yourself of a year's pay. Your teammates would probably resent you taking a scholarship. Unless you're planning to graduate, which is highly unlikely.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just declare for.the draft? You'd deprive yourself of a year's pay. Your teammates would probably resent you taking a scholarship. Unless you're planning to graduate, which is highly unlikely.

If you aren't eligible to declare a player may consider sitting out their last year if they are elite.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
If you aren't eligible to declare a player may consider sitting out their last year if they are elite.
IIRC a player has to be 3 years removed to enter the draft, so we're talking about college sophs. I opine most NFL GMs would frown on such a move unless the guy. (20 y-o) is a top 5 prospect. Too many variables. I think we all know a Ranger Rick who crushes it.on the practice range, then finishes 2,761 over par. :D

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IIRC a player has to be 3 years removed to enter the draft, so we're talking about college sophs. I opine most NFL GMs would frown on such a move unless the guy. (20 y-o) is a top 5 prospect. Too many variables. I think we all know a Ranger Rick who crushes it.on the practice range, then finishes 2,761 over par. :D

Except it wasn't all that long ago that Jadaveon Clowney talked of sitting out his last year to avoid injury. GMs want great players and could care less if they played their last year. This is really only the most elite of players who would be considering this.

Last edited:

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we're agreeing here. Clowney went first despite his junior season at S.C., and Spurrier badmouthing him to GMs left and right.

So I'll see your Jadaveon and raise you a JaMarcus. Anyone got some purple drank 'round here :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose