Netflix latest from BBC: Bodyguard

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.businessinsider.com/net...-bodyguard-has-100-on-rotten-tomatoes-2018-10

They are streaming it from BBC

Netflix has added to its impressive catalog of British TV series with "Bodyguard," a new thriller starring "Game of Thrones" alum Richard Madden and "Peaky Blinders" actress Sophie Rundle.

The series debuted on the streaming giant on October 24 and has a 100% Rotten Tomatoes critic score as of Monday. Netflix describes the series this way: "After helping thwart a terrorist attack, a war veteran is assigned to protect a politician who was a main proponent of the very conflict he fought in."

I like it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 episodes in and we're really enjoying it. Nice mix of intrigue, action and a little sex thrown in. Besides, I could listen to Scottish accents all day. It's made for binge watching.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, for the most part. What I loved about it was the undermining of expectations.

I think they royally botched the finale, though. They did an incredible job working with the vest and situation in the 1st episode, and just screwed the pooch on the same in the finale. That walk was soooo bad.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, for the most part. What I loved about it was the undermining of expectations.

Yeah, the walk dragged a little but I thought the scene with him taking the bomb off would be the end. Nice touch that he escaped. Don't know if there will be a 2nd season so I thought it was too sappy that he reconciled with his wife. I suppose for another season he could go off the deep end again. Overall, really enjoyed it, good show.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
nice to see brits screw up strong female leads as badly as hollywood does. those women displayed a level of incompetence I never thought I would see on anything other than cnn

the show was decent... Richard did a pretty good job...but the writing was blotchy...good here,...really sucky there..

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumored that Richard Madden aka Sgt. David Budd is in the lead position to be the next James Bond.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot that I watched this show. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave