The Official US Soccer thread

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Tremendous 1-1 result against France by the young'ins... huge save at the end!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tremendous 1-1 result against France by the young'ins... huge save at the end!

result is correct albeit not fair. had no business getting anything, but considering the circumstances it is a win for us and a black eye for France going into the World Cup.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this does show the value in bringing in young blood to the national side. many of these kids have a lot of promise coming up with good clubs in Europe, but they need opportunities to play in important games to gain confidence. they aren't always getting those chances with their club and our senior team rarely shows a willingness to play young players in important matches.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can you imagine the confidence those young bucks got out of that game? Incredible! Granted, most of the game they weren't good, and were giving the ball away like candy, but still. Gutsy defensive work and jumping on your luck when it comes. Feels kind of like Newcastle's relegation-avoiding season lol

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Clint Dempsey retiring... one of the greats! Need to develop our youth!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Clint Dempsey retiring... one of the greats! Need to develop our youth!

Dempsey had that nose for goal and exceptional quality to manage the ball in a creative way. No one like him. 2nd to only Donovan in ability but more productive for me. Probably more mentally tough than Landon was and able to be coached. That’s why he made it in Europe and Landon could not.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Can you imagine the confidence those young bucks got out of that game? Incredible! Granted, most of the game they weren't good, and were giving the ball away like candy, but still. Gutsy defensive work and jumping on your luck when it comes. Feels kind of like Newcastle's relegation-avoiding season lol
Hey looking back that result wasn’t bad. Our youth team got a draw with the World Cup winners in their national stadium.

Stout

Reaction score
Hey looking back that result wasn’t bad. Our youth team got a draw with the World Cup winners in their national stadium.

No doubt! Unfortunately, I learned something deeply troubling today. I couldn't remember who we'd named as the new MNT coach. That's because WE STILL DON'T HAVE ONE!!! What kind of lame duck management is this? The World Cup's been done and dusted for a while now--a WC we failed to qualify for--and we still have an interim manager? That's unacceptable.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have no idea either for a manager. I liked Roberto Martinez from the last world cup. I think we just need a solid/experienced manager. someone who has not necessarily been involved with US Soccer and they just focus on the senior team and not try to be the saviour for grass roots US Soccer development like JK tried to be. We need to have people doing that as well, but need the manager to focus on the task. and for crying out loud do not hire someone from the past or someone who is an experiment.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Just read an article on goal.com some writer complaining that Pulisic is missing too many friendlies.

Stout

Reaction score
*--Caveat: I fell asleep midway through the 2nd half (I had the game recorded)

How can two of the worst players in the game thus far combine for the first goal? Sounds weird, yet it happened. Accosta was so invisible--unless he was giving the ball away--that I almost had a heart attack when he made the run to get into the box for that goal. I wouldn't be upset if our coach doesn't call him up next time (if we fricking HAD a coach!).

And Robinson has to be the absolute worst, least instinctual left back I have ever seen at the international level. It's one thing to have Yedlin's problem of relying on your speed too often, but it's another thing altogether to constantly stand around and lag out of position when players are making runs behind you. Over and over and over and over again. Ugh. And yet he had the assist on the first goal.

WTF is our idiot "GM" Ernie Stewart thinking? Is he going to wait a full year to do it, or take even longer? I mean, he only has until TOMORROW to hire someone, or it will be MORE than a year. Jesus tapdancing Christ, Stewart, what are you waiting for? You're literally only wasting time and setting the program BACK every day you don't get your permanent manager in. All the stuff that Sarachan (sp?) has done is basically create film for the new coach and give some kids experience. That's it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
*--Caveat: I fell asleep midway through the 2nd half (I had the game recorded)

How can two of the worst players in the game thus far combine for the first goal? Sounds weird, yet it happened. Accosta was so invisible--unless he was giving the ball away--that I almost had a heart attack when he made the run to get into the box for that goal. I wouldn't be upset if our coach doesn't call him up next time (if we fricking HAD a coach!).

And Robinson has to be the absolute worst, least instinctual left back I have ever seen at the international level. It's one thing to have Yedlin's problem of relying on your speed too often, but it's another thing altogether to constantly stand around and lag out of position when players are making runs behind you. Over and over and over and over again. Ugh. And yet he had the assist on the first goal.

WTF is our idiot "GM" Ernie Stewart thinking? Is he going to wait a full year to do it, or take even longer? I mean, he only has until TOMORROW to hire someone, or it will be MORE than a year. Jesus tapdancing Christ, Stewart, what are you waiting for? You're literally only wasting time and setting the program BACK every day you don't get your permanent manager in. All the stuff that Sarachan (sp?) has done is basically create film for the new coach and give some kids experience. That's it.
I'm glad I didn't watch the game. I am so tired of US Soccer and their lack of direction. that is what I see with them. they don't want to hire someone who is a realist because they want the status quo. if they want a real manager they need to make sure that he is going to stand up for what he believes in and has the ability to keep his job during the tough times. we need to completely cut off everyone from the past failures and rebuild with a new generation of players that can be taught properly.

I saw the highlights of the goals. the Acosta goal looks nice to the eye, but it was a poor service and no one marked acosta. the second goal was better. a good confrontation by green and an even better ball by weah to give wood a chance.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't watch the game. I am so tired of US Soccer and their lack of direction. that is what I see with them. they don't want to hire someone who is a realist because they want the status quo. if they want a real manager they need to make sure that he is going to stand up for what he believes in and has the ability to keep his job during the tough times. we need to completely cut off everyone from the past failures and rebuild with a new generation of players that can be taught properly.

I saw the highlights of the goals. the Acosta goal looks nice to the eye, but it was a poor service and no one marked acosta. the second goal was better. a good confrontation by green and an even better ball by weah to give wood a chance.

True. And double true on the 2nd goal. A great pass by Weah (who looks the real deal) and a good finish by Wood. There IS new talent coming up through the ranks. Unfortunately we have a joke of a GM and I can't at all, at this point, trust his judgment when he FINALLY hires a coach.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
True. And double true on the 2nd goal. A great pass by Weah (who looks the real deal) and a good finish by Wood. There IS new talent coming up through the ranks. Unfortunately we have a joke of a GM and I can't at all, at this point, trust his judgment when he FINALLY hires a coach.
my greatest fear is that he will hire a yes man or someone from the good ole days.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I would stop watching. That's how disgusted I would be. That's how regressive a hire it would be.
I am with you there. I hate bringing back the same guy, much less one that was fired. I think we saw enough of that already with Bruce Arena. With so many players playing in Germany I would not mind seeing another German coach, one that is more stable than JK. Obviously would prefer an American manager, but I would stay away from someone who has a history with the national team. Just do not care to see regression.

Stout

Reaction score
I am with you there. I hate bringing back the same guy, much less one that was fired. I think we saw enough of that already with Bruce Arena. With so many players playing in Germany I would not mind seeing another German coach, one that is more stable than JK. Obviously would prefer an American manager, but I would stay away from someone who has a history with the national team. Just do not care to see regression.

Jurgen Klopp ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There's a guy out there who may be on the outs with his current national team, and would be awesome here, not that it would ever happen:

You must be registered for see images attach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There's a guy out there who may be on the outs with his current national team, and would be awesome here, not that it would ever happen:

You must be registered for see images attach
would be awesome to say the least! and this time JK could park his car for him...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose