DCU: Aquaman

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks better than Justice League... which isn't saying much.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was totally skeptical about Aquaman and questioned why they were including such a lame hero in Justice League.

I couldn't have been more wrong because despite that movies flaws, I thought Aquaman was awesome, so I'm totally in on this! Hope it rocks!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is JL ever going to have a great villain besides The Joker? There was a rumor they were going to fire up Bryan Cranston as Brainic. That would be dope.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Manta might be a tough translation. This look like it could be fun but it's hard to get excited about anything DC outside of Wonder Woman or anything that won't have Harley in it. I am on not really that excited for the new Joker move with JP in it even though I love him as an actor.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
looks better than Justice League... which isn't saying much.
If DCCU wants to survive they should probably give Supe and Batman a rest with solo movies. Bring some of the other JLers or even lesser known characters to the big screen. WW and Aquaman are nice, but enough with Superman and Batman already.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least they had powers. Why the world would the Justice League have two kids and a dog join them??? Even as a kid I thought that was stupid.

(Hated Gleek).

Not to compare them to Wendy and Marv, but Batman and Robin didn't have powers either. :)

I preferred them, because:

A. They were there first and that was what I was accustomed to before the Twins came around with their idiotic monkey

and

B. I used to run around in a fake cape just like Marvin so I suppose I identified with that and would have done anything to be in his shoes

and

C. As mentioned above, Wendy was pretty darn cute and Jayna never did it for me

Lastly, Wonder Twins? A little full of yourselves, maybe? The best idea for transportation they could come up with was an eagle carrying the monkey holding a pail of water. I wonder why they were so stupid. Thank goodness Firestorm and Cyborg came along.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I am fully onboard. It appears this movie could be on par with Wonder Woman. It looks pretty bad-ass.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I hate trailers that give so much away. Why would you ever give such a cool chase scene away? Freaking stupid.

On the bright side, it does look like a good movie.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate trailers that give so much away. Why would you ever give such a cool chase scene away? Freaking stupid.

Totally agree. Are they worried if they dont show it, people wont like the trailer? Movie does look good!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, it is Aquaman so they have some work to do. Aquaman sucks. He's like Scooter of the Muppet Babies. (misquoted from TBBT)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I mean it will still look cool in the movie right? The quality of the trailer looks better than I expected. I expected a CGI mess like JL.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I mean it will still look cool in the movie right? The quality of the trailer looks better than I expected. I expected a CGI mess like JL.

Well, when I realized what was happening, I stopped watching, because it looked like they were going all the way to resolution. And, sure, it'll look cool, but I don't want the "2nd time I watched this movie" feeling the FIRST time I watch it.

Well, it is Aquaman so they have some work to do. Aquaman sucks. He's like Scooter of the Muppet Babies. (misquoted from TBBT)

You aren't wrong. Still, the rest of the trailer was cool, and just a snippet of the chase scene would have sufficed.

Reaction score
Looks terrific. Aquaman was always one of my favorites. Don't know why. Maybe it's my fascination with the ocean.